SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Yeah I agree  a good philosophy read at bedtime does settle you down for the night, but don't you find Nietzsche short on the comedy unlike Parmenides who is a laugh from cover to cover. As for Alain Badiou books they have real cliff hanger endings.

Isn't modern medication more effective?

Our washing machine plays 'The Trout Quintet' when it's finished doing the washing.

One can tire of quality classical music.

In a disparate attempt to bring this thread closer to trains...

wasn't the Trout Quintet by the same bloke who designed the "Lieder" locomotive?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Isn't modern medication more effective?

Railway videos are the best. I did have a cab ride video from Market Harborough to Sheffield. On a good day I would nod off somewhere before or just after Loughborough and wake up around Chesterfield never did see Derby.  Sometimes I never even reached Leicester. 

• RMweb Premium

The above cab ride video was a really well made one, it was professionally done so the drivers of the APT-E could learn the Midland route. Part one was from St Pancras to Market Harborough.

A mate lent me his Settle to Carlisle cab ride. Not a professional one, I think the camera was hand held. The secondman's windscreen wiper kept coming into view and it wasn't raining. Not once did I make it to Horton without feeling travel sick, and I was sat in my comfy armchair. Every time I tried to give back to my mate he said "Its alright you can borrow it a bit longer".  :no:

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Oi! You on the Naughty Step! Show a bit of respect and prefix your humble addressing of that gentleman with the term 'Mister'.

What has Mike (Stationmaster) done to deserve a comment like that :-)

Well, now that you two have blown his cover I can say with grateful thanks that what the Romans have done for me is provide a vast amount of information and support on signalling and operational matters.

In other news, a link containing this showed up in another RMW topic.

The boss of Victoria Police’s own Professional Standards Command has admitted to creating a fake online profile to make "crude, coarse and inappropriate" comments.....

So which one of you blokes is it ? :jester:

Edited by The Blue Streak

Aren't they all ? :angel:

BTW I accidentally got a bit naughty  on the New Challenge Topic, when someone got snooty because it went OT

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/131194-another-challenge/?p=3057660

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/131194-another-challenge/?p=3057744

See for yourself !

Ar$e

• RMweb Gold

Not more pseudonyms or possibly Ghost writing !   :O  :superman:

Ceasar The Moment

No ghosts have been written, unless they haven't told me.  All the published stuff is under my own name - which is one (of several) reasons why I don't use it on here as some p*llock is then bound to argue with what I wrote years ago about his favourite class of loco (although I was fairly complimentary about spamcans and the advantages they offered over an LMS 4F). 

• Like 1