SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Hornby Announcement. 

Biggest let down since my wedding night.

I thankyou, I'm here all week.

:yahoo:  :yahoo:  Suspension bridge  :yahoo:  :yahoo: Incline riser thingies  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

I think I need to go and lie down. :lazy:

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

I got so excited by the Hornybee thing that I had to go out again and see another Azoomer, however it was the same one as this morning, but coming back. Any spotters may like to note that it was Set 003.

I do hope Hornby complete 'my' Maunsell Diners and the Nelson before they pass away.

N.O. Hoper

• RMweb Premium

Today I cut out a piece of cardboard the same size as the 'footprint' of the planned Dairy Shed (old Goods Shed). I then put it in the correct place (not the bin) on the layout. This enabled me to realign the track that will go into said Shed. I also added about 40mm of scrap Pecoboo Concrete Platform frontage at the 'east end' rear of platform, of what I have installed. This little piece ends where the wall linking Stubbie's Up Platform building will end. I now have a reaonable idea of where the main Dairy Buildings will sit in relation to the Station Building and a much clearer idea of how the Up Platform Canopy is shaped and what the roof was like. There are other Dairy area structures that I need to investigate, however there is no need at the moment. Structures will not be constructed here until the far side of the layout boards have been 'dressed'.

So now I have to focus my attention on to the Down and Branch Platform areas and, most importantly, the Down Platform building. I'm quite enjoying this part of the project and the pending cooler weather will make things more comfortable. It doesn't get too warm up The Junction but I hate too much hot weather as it makes my 'conditions' flare up and my brain won't work correctly.

Finally, I have been creating a work list as I find that I just butterfly around and don't really progress any particular task. Now I need to stick to working from that list and remember to do stuff in logical order (not easy for me).

I have found a stocker of Tamiya spray paints that is not far away from here. Online purchase is easy but postage regs make it very expensive. Less expensive to drive to get it. The paint is for track/sleeper treatment that I must do before rushing into laying the last few bits.

Phil 

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Well, what a complete and utter load of bolIOcks all that Hornblurb hype was. Been out all day and just had a chance to catch up. Unbelievable tosh. Totally faartworthy.

Captain, I’ve gained the impression you’re not totally in favour?

• RMweb Premium

Countryside jaunt and now I have my paint. The shop also does decent Balsa and thin Ply along with some plastic tubing and strip along with masking tapes and adhesives. Result as some people say.

Parp.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Countryside jaunt and now I have my paint. The shop also does decent Balsa and thin Ply along with some plastic tubing and strip along with masking tapes and adhesives. Result as some people say.

Parp.

Do it do plastic card?

Boxman

• RMweb Gold

Although the pretty Pecketts look nice, but I can't imagine buying another one, really I can't.

I may have to spend some time in the bath now, pondering what crrap it is.

Hogg.

I'm awaiting my second one - which will have a purpose so a plain black start is ideal.  I also have a large scale plan of the H&P factory should anyone want to model the adjacent gasworks engine shed (but I don't have any details of the elevations of the engine shed and I doubt if anybody else has any either so a model is bound to be correct ;)

I think the Nice told us there were 5 bridges across the Tyne, while Sydney only harbours one that I've heard of. 

Including the rather peculiar Gateshead Millenuium (foot) Bridge there are now seven bridges in the immediate environs of central Newcastle/Gateshead - I know that cos we counted them when we were recently on our hols and spent a night in Newcastle and took a walk over the High Level Bridge.  There were 5 bridges before the Metro bridge was added.

• RMweb Gold

Phil what's wrong with the good old fashion cornflakes packets they made an entire village out of the stuff on Blue Peter . :declare:

Enid Clive with your expertise are you going to start narating Thomas the Tank Engine on tele' as you tell a good tale about

crashing trains.  :biggrin_mini2:

• RMweb Premium

Phil what's wrong with the good old fashion cornflakes packets they made an entire village out of the stuff on Blue Peter . :declare:

Enid Clive with your expertise are you going to start narating Thomas the Tank Engine on tele' as you tell a good tale about

crashing trains.  :biggrin_mini2:

There is already a feast of shredded GF Cornflakes Boxes lurking on SJ. Soon there will be more as I shall probably use it to fill in gaps in the '6 foot' between the Pecofoamyboo.

It could be useful for doing the  fu mock ups for the Dairy and other buildings. Only thing is that some peoples' mock ups I have seen are better than one of my finished articles wot I buildicated.

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm awaiting my second one - which will have a purpose so a plain black start is ideal.  I also have a large scale plan of the H&P factory should anyone want to model the adjacent gasworks engine shed (but I don't have any details of the elevations of the engine shed and I doubt if anybody else has any either so a model is bound to be correct ;)

Including the rather peculiar Gateshead Millenuium (foot) Bridge there are now seven bridges in the immediate environs of central Newcastle/Gateshead - I know that cos we counted them when we were recently on our hols and spent a night in Newcastle and took a walk over the High Level Bridge.  There were 5 bridges before the Metro bridge was added.

It got complicaked.  They built a new Redheugh (red - hew) bridge, but knocked the old one down, then the Metro, we kept losing count so I emigrated instead.