SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

I hope Mr York reads this and shuts you down. He had to tell me off the other day as I lost my rag at someone for being  a ####### and misunderstanding my superb scribblings about Dawlish.

Ar$£

That gent sadly lacks a sense of humour, not  Mr York,  the protagonist.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

I may need to visit you as I've not stopped S***ing in a fortnight! I'm proper flushed!

Thankfully I am now retired so only have the horses muck heap to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Clearly all my birthdays are about to arrive at once - I just received the following emails...

Dear Respected One,

Nice To Meet You, I write briefly to seek for your partnership to assist me in the transfer and investment of my inheritance funds (USD 9.5M) Nine Million Five Hundred Thousand U.S Dollars from my late father who died mysteriously.

Am Miss.Zalanda Mubarak, I am 19 years old,am only child of my late parents Mr.and Mrs.Alhaji Bilal Mubarak. I got your contact email from international domain database and I decided to contact you for this offer, That is based on trust and your outstanding,

Please reply me back only if you are interested to asist me for more details.

Your urgent response will be appreciated.

Talk to you the more sincerely.
Regards Mis.Zalanda Mubarak.

So, apologies in advance, It looks like I am about to be spending a great deal of time working out how to spend all that lovely lolly. Apparently all I have to do is phone the low-rate international number tell her all my bank account details and passwords, and she'll pop the money in quick as a flash!

Todle pip!

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Following Smiffy's post earlier, I am somewhat disappointed to have received this today :

Hello, You might find it so difficult to remember me,though it is indeed a
very long time,I am much delighted to contact you again after a long period
of time,I remember you despite circumstances that made things not worked out
as we projected then.I want to inform you that the transaction we're doing
together then finally worked out and I decided to contact you and to let you
know because of your tremendous effort to make things work out then. Meanwhile I must inform you that I'm presently in Ireland for numerous business negotiation with some partners.with my sincere heart i have decided to compensate you with $900,000 for your dedication then on our transaction,you tried so much that period and I appreciated your effort.I wrote a cheque/Check on your name,as soon as you receive it,you let me know.
Contact my secretary now on his email: agentagent263@gmail.com
Name:David Lamptey
You are to forward to him your Name........ Address.......,
Phone number......for shipment/dispatch of the cheque/Check to you.
Regards,
Mr.John

I mean , only a paltry $900,000, pah, not worth bothering any electrons for such a low figure.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Following Smiffy's post earlier, I am somewhat disappointed to have received this today :

Hello, You might find it so difficult to remember me,though it is indeed a
very long time,I am much delighted to contact you again after a long period
of time,I remember you despite circumstances that made things not worked out
as we projected then.I want to inform you that the transaction we're doing
together then finally worked out and I decided to contact you and to let you
know because of your tremendous effort to make things work out then. Meanwhile I must inform you that I'm presently in Ireland for numerous business negotiation with some partners.with my sincere heart i have decided to compensate you with $900,000 for your dedication then on our transaction,you tried so much that period and I appreciated your effort.I wrote a cheque/Check on your name,as soon as you receive it,you let me know.
Contact my secretary now on his email: agentagent263@gmail.com
Name:David Lamptey
You are to forward to him your Name........ Address.......,
Phone number......for shipment/dispatch of the cheque/Check to you.
Regards,
Mr.John

I mean , only a paltry $900,000, pah, not worth the bothering any electrons for such a low figure.

There must be a catch. I doubt that you would be entitled to receive the full amount, Mr Stubbs.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Please forgive the blatant promotion of this event, but I have arranged another gathering at the Chinese restaurant 'Chi', in Kenton, near Starcross, for the evening of Friday 28th June next. More details here - 

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Back in the 1970s the Soviets had a theory about skinheads. The Russian translation of "skinhead" was the same as "baldie" so they concluded, owing to Western advertising where only those with a full head of hair were successful and got all the birds, the trouble caused by the "skinheads" was due to these angry bald men being marganalised  by society.

How right they were. :angry:

The Soviet translators must have been very confused by the concept of “baldies” referring to the first 20 Brush Type 2’s and how fitting headcode boxes somehow stopped bald men being marginalised.:huh:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Are any of you get the phone call telling you that the email internet will be cut off press one to speak etc ,the voice sounds like Horace Batchelor .

About 3 times a week up to a couple of weeks ago, then nothing. Out of curiosity I strung one along for a bit. ... If you express doubts that they're really from Microsoft/BT/whoever, they try a sneaky method to pretend they've ID'd your computer, by getting you to find a "CLSID" number at the tail end of the Windows registry, a number that is in fact common to every single Windows computer. If they mention CLSID, laugh in their face. They don't like that.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jazzer said:

The Soviet translators must have been very confused by the concept of “baldies” referring to the first 20 Brush Type 2’s and how fitting headcode boxes somehow stopped bald men being marginalised.:huh:

Never heard the early Brush 2s called Baldies, they were always Toffee Apples*. The blue star disc headcode locos were called Skinheads by 80s spotters but real Skinheads were Sulzer Bo-Bos. 

* Toffee Apples because of shape of one of the control handles that was removed and returned to stores (without looking at me books I cannot remember if it was the power handle or the brake).

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

About 3 times a week up to a couple of weeks ago, then nothing. Out of curiosity I strung one along for a bit. ... If you express doubts that they're really from Microsoft/BT/whoever, they try a sneaky method to pretend they've ID'd your computer, by getting you to find a "CLSID" number at the tail end of the Windows registry, a number that is in fact common to every single Windows computer. If they mention CLSID, laugh in their face. They don't like that.

All the ones I get now are automated. Spoils the fun really.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Are any of you get the phone call telling you that the email internet will be cut off press one to speak etc ,the voice sounds like Horace Batchelor .

Showing your age there.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, jazzer said:

It’s called art. Only the Enlightened Ones can understand it :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Did anyone call for Art?

Oh no. You've set him off again.

Nurse!

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1