SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, brianusa said:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<BTW has anyone (else) figured out what the outfit represents?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Utter stupidity?

Brian.:banned:

Oh you trans-Atlantic colonials......so conservative with your attire.....be bold and adventurous. 

I now have a vision of Brian dressed like that walking into a red neck bar in the middle of Kansas. :tomato:

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

The thread has really hit the depths so I shall raise the level of obscenity by saying something useful. " Something useful".

Going off Piste for a while so don't fret. Nice coaches to show in a couple of weeks. 

Philth.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

While he is away shall we fill his thread up with utter bullocks, you know stuff like what you were modelling or what trains you have run. The stuff that never gets mentioned on here.

I will start, today I was doing some model making. Using bits left over from other conversions I have been cutting out the parts for two Gresley coaches, an all door SK 61 ft one and a GE section 52 ft FK from the old Hornby Gresleys. I still have enough bits to have a go at making a TSO.

I also ran some trains on my layout.

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

I wondered  why it was so quiet :mellow:

as as it’s summer and all my trains are in boxes, I spent yesterday working, but plan to spend today relaxing in the sunshine 

that said, it’s only a plan, and we all know what happens to plans!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm on holiday in the Greek islands so no modelling for me. Plenty of other fun though. I do keep running an idea for a Greek island model railway round my head though. HO German equipment left behind after the war based around the main port on a small island. Freight, tourists, tavernas. Maybe a castle and a church and some Venetian architecture. My wife thinks i should finish the two layouts I've started.....I'm just wondering about sources of 3.5mm cats.....

Edited by colin penfold
Addendum
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

I'll be taking Tinners into work next week, to prep it for the Hayle show at the end of August.

I need to redo the trees, or at least trim the pick-axes off, plus weather a few more wagons and see if I can add a section to isolate a loco which will tow in a train, rather than just push in some wagons.

I also need to redo the lighting rig using LED strips.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I'm taking the 11.38 Hull Trains to the X (if it is actually working) and then a whizzy Unit thing to Broadstores via Ashford Hinternotional and Cantersburied. Should be able to go paddling by about 7 this evening after visiting the Mighty Red Box at Margate to have my preliminary job interview. Saturday I shall melt. Sunday I might go and see some birds or the RH & DR. Monday I reverse today's journey.  

During my visit I might be allowed to assist in the operation of my Godson's layout, if not I shall drink copious amounts of Cider.

Enjoy the and behave yourselves you daft b#####s.

Oh, Mr Pinfled, most Greek pu##ies are mangy and thin so 3mm will do nicely. :pleasantry::tease:

Yammas.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

In Broadstairs main street, very near the beach end, is a little bakery in an old building at right angles to the main road.

We stayed in Broadstairs about 4 years ago and I introduced the bakery into the concept of bacon croissants- they sold bacon and croissants but not together.

I'd love to know if they sell them now.

Enjoy the trip, besto fluck with the interview.

• Thanks 1

Keeps your wits about you after Ashford, once the whizzy thing slows down (from 140mph to Southern Region Sedate mph), where the stations towards Canterburger are occasionally known as Why, Kill'em and Cart'em to Canterbury.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

Keeps your wits about you after Ashford, once the whizzy thing slows down (from 140mph to Southern Region Sedate mph), where the stations towards Canterburger are occasionally known as Why, Kill'em and Cart'em to Canterbury.

Bilmey, 140 mph! That's quite fast for a pair of Ducks. Will it really do that down the main from Platform 12 at St. Panc?

Don't get too excited about the job chaps. I suspect many locals will want to be Santa in the Grotty.

Philth

• Like 1

Yep, or as close to 140 as makes no difference. I've consistently timed them on GPS in the high 130s between the London tunnels and the Thames tunnel, and it's an even longer stretch beyond Ebbsfleet to get sustained high speed. Wave to my mum as you cross the Medway viaduct, around 5 mins E of Ebbsfleet.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

I'm taking the 11.38 Hull Trains to the X (if it is actually working) and then a whizzy Unit thing to Broadstores via Ashford Hinternotional and Cantersburied. Should be able to go paddling by about 7 this evening after visiting the Mighty Red Box at Margate to have my preliminary job interview. Saturday I shall melt. Sunday I might go and see some birds or the RH & DR. Monday I reverse today's journey.  

During my visit I might be allowed to assist in the operation of my Godson's layout, if not I shall drink copious amounts of Cider.

Enjoy the and behave yourselves you daft b#####s.

Oh, Mr Pinfled, most Greek pu##ies are mangy and thin so 3mm will do nicely. :pleasantry::tease:

Yammas.

I'd be inclined to take the birds to the RH&DR, as long as nobody was looking.

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

I have finally finished all the cobbles (setts) on 'Bethesda Sidings' and actually gave them a first wash of diluted paint this morning.

I've also been preparing a couple of locos to go off to Tom Foster for weathering (a Dean Goods and a Class 22).

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I'm contemplating how to install mechanical point and signal control.  Because I fancy playing at being a signalman and pulling off all day.

So the rumour about your habit is true. :swoon:

Your fetish of being a signalman.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Don't get too excited about the job chaps. I suspect many locals will want to be Santa in the Grotty.

Philth

If you do get the job it will be one hell of a daily commute.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3