Chapel en le Frith (Central) more shows for 2024

Barry O

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not that I'm the greatest expert on such things, but is either the body or the chassis fitted the wrong way round?

Mike.

I did't realise they could be a wrong way round.

Can you let me know why you think that

Andy

Edited by innocentman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hoppers on the way back plus the 4 others I thought I had ordered but apparently hadn't so that's 12 from me, 4 fromm Nicktoix and 16 from Innocent man I believe.

Should be OK but another 4 may be procured.

Baz

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

All 8 hoppers are here. Well done Hattons. first 4 have had DGs added. Need to renumber some of hem- or will the weathering cover it up enough?

Baz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

All 8 hoppers are here. Well done Hattons. first 4 have had DGs added. Need to renumber some of hem- or will the weathering cover it up enough?

Baz

Why are you putting DGs in the middle of block trains (sez he, who's done exactly that with his china clay trains...)?

• RMweb Premium

The hook and bars are too long, fitting instanters is hard, fitting DGs is easy and it only needs a hook and bar..no dropper

Gives flexibility for rakes.

Baz

• RMweb Gold

The hook and bars are too long, fitting instanters is hard, fitting DGs is easy and it only needs a hook and bar..no dropper

Gives flexibility for rakes.

Baz

Needing 32 DGs for a rake of 16, I have opted for instanters in two blocks of 8. Yes they are fun to fit, but after 4 wagons down I have just about have got it down pat.

The rest of the team have already confirmed that I will be the one coupling them up!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Needing 32 DGs for a rake of 16, I have opted for instanters in two blocks of 8. Yes they are fun to fit, but after 4 wagons down I have just about have got it down pat.

The rest of the team have already confirmed that I will be the one coupling them up!

If they're made of metal, why not solder them up solid into a single link?

• RMweb Gold

If they're made of metal, why not solder them up solid into a single link?

Probably just my crap modelling, but, I tried this as an experiment, and found the rigid coupling has a habit of riding up the rear slope of the coupling hook occasionally if jerky or at least uneven running is encountered, and either uncoupling or jamming the couplings.

Mike.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

back to the layout....

A Stanier 0-4-4T pulls the Buxton Push and Pull set back to Buxton... after a while in the making a new Period II Suburban Third has been built to make up  one of the passenger trains to be seen on Chapel-en-le-Frith 

post-7650-0-35748800-1524691570_thumb.jpg

and an 8F of some clean ICI hoppers

post-7650-0-25839000-1524691597_thumb.jpg

an a typical helicopter "tourist" shot of the hoppers 

post-7650-0-73929300-1524691651_thumb.jpg

Baz

• Like 19

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Geez Baz, 2 fells? Anyway, you can never have too many 8Freights (doesn't quite go like Too Many Spams) but who careas?

Love those Hoppers; you must have praised the Lord when they were announced?

Looking really good at CELF especially the ballast.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1