Hornby K1

davidw

Hornby sent out a trade bulletin on Wednesday 10th to say that the R3243 version of the K1 was in the process of being despatched, and trade orders were being honoured in full. So Margate have notified us in advance that the first of the K1s was on the way.

Furthermore, a trade bulletin issued today states that the R3243 are allocated from the current batch, and we can order now for future delivery. Slightly ironic that my order from today was refused as no stock is available.

The other K1s are currently scheduled for release in February 2015.

• RMweb Gold

I think people need to take a deep breath because it becoming rather sad watching them massively overreact to the slightest problem. Do we have any actual reports of a short delivery or is it just retailers selling out quickly? And is anyone really surprised about shops receiving their models on different days at this time of year? There are loads of reports in the media of couriers backed up and other major retailers experiencing delays.And as for the complain about a TMC advertising a weathered version already....

A conditioned response that seems now approaching the neurotic.Hornby aren't helping the situation by some bizarre tweaks in their distribution chain which is showing up in wild price fluctuation. £110 upwards to £140 +.It is irritating and frustrating for some,given the history of the last two years of erratic delivery and chronic under supply.Current delivery problems with carriers nationwide are only the tip of the iceberg.TMC are what they are...a niche market.Most of us cannot afford their premiums anyway.

All need that deep breath,not just members of this forum.

I'll give it 24 hours before we start reading :- 

"The return crank on the firemans side is behind the wheel boss instead of a head of it..."

"The old 8F pony truck lives! It tips sideways and looks hideous on my curves....."

It's all good for a laff...

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 3

You'll have it running of Gibsons and converted to EM by now then... ;)

P

Its certainly in pieces......and the tenders done.

And Coachman, the pony truck is a single pivot in the centre of the chassis....not like the 8F or L1 arrangement.

Edited by pete55

Its certainly in pieces......and the tenders done.

And Coachman, the pony truck is a single pivot in the centre of the chassis....not like the 8F or L1 arrangement.

You'll beat me on this one Pete but I have the satisfaction of 10000 done to EM a few hours before you.

What fun....

Dave Franks.

The only LNER locos that I know of that traversed the Avonmouth Branch were a couple of J39's on sugar-beet trains from Peterborough to the Tate & Lyle factory.

There was a photograph in a magazine a few years ago. Something like BRILL. Saw it whilst browsing at the local library. (WH Smiths.) Never bought the mag but thought that's' interesting so logged the Loco number to memory for when I got home.

Got home forgot the number. Moral; Don't memorise numbers when walking home from the pub on a Saturday afternoon.

P

• RMweb Gold

Quite a premium for a squirt of mucky thinners and some coal.

And why anybody would want to pay the same outfit for a weathered RAILROAD P2 puzzles me somewhat.

They haven't even fitted any of the supplied detail lol

Someone has brought the weathered P2 off them!

• RMweb Premium

Strange they don't even list the K1 on their site as existing at all.

Yes it is, you need to do a google (others search engines available) search using hattons and R3243 and you can go directly to the page. It can be preordered, with delivery expected February 2015

Spoke to my local shop today about the level of delivered quantity and he advised that for R3243 he received his full order from Hornby this week, so maybe the term allocation did not mean a reduction across the board, although some big orders may have been part met. He confirmed that he did have stock after meeting pre orders, however sales of stock had been brisk as word got around, so it looks like this one has taken off quickly as having arrived earlier than expected. We don't know if it was flown from China having perhaps been manufactured a few weeks earlier than expected, but this is a welcome surprise for us and a congratulations to Hornby, who have managed to get a new loco into the shops for Christmas, and what seems to be a strong seller, with further stock to come.

The Model Centre already has R3243 on Ebay. Weathered at £175.99.

You would have thought that Hornby might consider real sales to real customers first.

Bob. 

TMC have revised their price on Ebay to £159.99. Do you suppose it's people power?

• RMweb Premium

TMC have revised their price on Ebay to £159.99. Do you suppose it's people power?

The basic weathering job on their website brings the price for the K1 up to £154.99 and coal is a £10 option, which I think covers the spec of the model shown on eBay (it doesn't appear to have had its detailing parts added, which is another £10 option). 

I'm not sure why TMC should attract opprobrium for offering simple services at clearly marked and comprehensible prices.

• RMweb Premium

The basic weathering job on their website brings the price for the K1 up to £154.99 and coal is a £10 option, which I think covers the spec of the model shown on eBay (it doesn't appear to have had its detailing parts added, which is another £10 option). 

I'm not sure why TMC should attract opprobrium for offering simple services at clearly marked and comprehensible prices.

That is very expensive coal!  I must be doing something wrong as I can't see how i could charge anyone £10 for coal and £10 for adding detailing parts!

Baz

Edited by Barry O

• RMweb Gold

That is very expensive coal!  I must be doing something wrong as I can't see how i could charge anyone £10 for coal and £10 for adding detailing parts!

Baz

Absolutely.It might be cheaper to use black gold.