Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Dapol silver bullets

(The) Youth

Hi everyone,

for those interested the "clean" silver bullets will be on sale

through all stockists participating in the BRM show at

Alexandra Palace in in 10 or so days time!

Normal stockists should get theirs by that weekend or at worst

on the Monday morning.

The weathered ones will be with Kernow shortly after.

I hope this helps?

Cheers

Dave

P.s. The N gauge clean variant order forms have just gone out to

stockists so reserve yours soon.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

for those interested the "clean" silver bullets will be on sale

through all stockists participating in the BRM show at

Alexandra Palace in in 10 or so days time!

Normal stockists should get theirs by that weekend or at worst

on the Monday morning.

The weathered ones will be with Kernow shortly after.

I hope this helps?

Cheers

Dave

P.s. The N gauge clean variant order forms have just gone out to

stockists so reserve yours soon.

Ouch-o-rama!

Hope those wireless credit/debit card machines are working. To say Ally Pally is on a ruddy great hill it always makes me chuckle to see the store holders holding the card machines at weird angles trying to get a signal. For me, Ally Pally could be turning into a damage limitation exercise this year.

These things are shiny and therefore even more difficult to smuggle into the house when the Mrs is around. If anyone has any suggestions (other than getting the weathered ones) I'd appreciate it ;)

Thanks for the heads up Dave.

*Gribble*

These things are shiny and therefore even more difficult to smuggle into the house when the Mrs is around. If anyone has any suggestions (other than getting the weathered ones) I'd appreciate it wink.gif

Hide them in the car/garage?

Some years ago, I had a 'hidey hole' in the hedge that I could stick things in, that nobody would know they were there, and then sneak out early the next morning before anyone else got up and bring them in to put them in the big pile of boxes under the layout that nobody counted.

I never, ever, had anything stolen.

It helped that my local shop had dark green overprinted carrier bags, of course.

I wouldnt want to be seen as ungrateful, Dapol are indeed brining out some fantastic products, however, I would also like to jump on the bandwagon here and join the call for Mk2 coaching stock please, of the air-conditioned variety if you would be so kind ?

I echo that.

These Silver Bullets look very nice. I'm really quit tempted to get a few.

On the other hand if Dapol (or anybody else) were to do the Mk2 air-con coaches I wouldn't hesitate to order a few rakes.

• RMweb Premium

The silver bullets do look really nice and the weathered ones (which sold out on advance orders) look to be stunners. Six ordered here, four silver and two dirty; was going to go for all eight but I have to be a little more realistic with quite a few of my advance orders due in the next few weeks.

• RMweb Premium

These things are shiny and therefore even more difficult to smuggle into the house when the Mrs is around. If anyone has any suggestions (other than getting the weathered ones) I'd appreciate it ;)

*Gribble*

Hi

How about being open and honest with your wife. I never have any problems with my railway purchases and I don't have to hide anything.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1

Further to my previous negative reply... when I said no, obviously I actually meant yes, but I don't remember doing so... :icon_redface: turns out i built the master soon after measuring one, but didn't bother casting any as you can't get the bogies.... :icon_frustrated:

post-336-12569315780774_thumb.jpg

Jon

Just a thought but would you be prepared to share the measurements? I am not able to get to measure them but would like the chance to scratchbuild some, oh and I model In N.

Best wishes

Simon

Hi

How about being open and honest with your wife. I never have any problems with my railway purchases and I don't have to hide anything.

Cheers

Paul

[/quoterom Phoenix Yeah I agree, I even had my wife on the phone for me today while I was at work ordering paint from Phoenix!!

I did get a few comments about how much it came to but they are still on their way!1 Ah what a dearie!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hattons must have received their order forms for the N gauge Silver Bullets, they are listing them at £20 a piece :O

I don't mind paying for quality, but I was expecting around the £15 mark. Think I'll have to grow the rake a bit slower than I'd anticipated.

Hattons must have received their order forms for the N gauge Silver Bullets, they are listing them at £20 a piece :O

I don't mind paying for quality, but I was expecting around the £15 mark. Think I'll have to grow the rake a bit slower than I'd anticipated.

ouch, modelling is getting much more expensive for long modern rakes of wagons, I was hoping they would be less than that! Oh well, another month without food!!!

Simon

• RMweb Premium

Yes modelling is getting more expensive but only in response to two factors. First is the forces of supply and demand; we the modellers are demanding ever more (quality and variety) and it costs proportionately more to supply that demand. Second is the shift towards RtR which really goes hand in hand with the first. We have embraced the technological and international changes over the years which make superb quality RtR items the norm. This both drives more demand for further items and diminishes the need for scratch building. Instant gratification is a known phenomenon of the current generation but plethora of items - including the superb offerings now coming from Dapol as well as the other big suppliers - which can simply be taken from the box and run more or less convincingly is drawing those of older generations away from their workbenches and back to the catalogues and websites of the manufacturers and retailers.

Modelling - as opposed to the simple purchase and running of a train set - is actually cheaper in real terms than it was 50 and even 25 years ago.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon

Fair point about the price, but one of the good things about these silver bullets (compared to the similar but different Burngullow-Irvine ones) is that they can be used realistically in shorter rakes of 5 or 6 wagons.

See: http://www.stevenrobertsons-railwayphotography.fotopic.net/p55983050.html

http://charlesgwoodland.fotopic.net/p53337653.html

Oh, and it's not unusual to see clean, cleanish and filthy ones in the same rake:

http://paul-greenwood.fotopic.net/p49495274.html

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Simon

Fair point about the price, but one of the good things about these silver bullets (compared to the similar but different Burngullow-Irvine ones) is that they can be used realistically in shorter rakes of 5 or 6 wagons.

Ben A.

Thanks for the piccies Ben, yeah I was thinking along similar lines myself. I must admit though having seen piccies of these models it is difficult to argue they are not worth it!!

Simon

• RMweb Premium

Speaking to the Kernow MRC boya at last weekends show in Cornwall, they have not made theie minds up whether to have another run of the weathered wagons, If they do not it leaves the door wide open for Dapol to cash in.

That pic of the 67 with tanks is right up my street!

Although i think these will be the most expensive wagons I have baught, they look worth it to me. Thats not having seen them in the fleash. I am however prepared for them to look better in the flesh than they do in photos.

I have a rake of 10 clean on order, and I think i pre-ordered the weathered ones. Got to say the clean ones are the version that has grabbed the eye. All I have done is put money by each week in preperation for the launch. Not seemed so expensive that way!

Speaking to the Kernow MRC boya at last weekends show in Cornwall, they have not made theie minds up whether to have another run of the weathered wagons, If they do not it leaves the door wide open for Dapol to cash in.

Hopefully with N gauge weathered ones, pleeeeeeease!!!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

but one of the good things about these silver bullets (compared to the similar but different Burngullow-Irvine ones) is that they can be used realistically in shorter rakes of 5 or 6 wagons.

Both types can be run in short rakes, In the last four years of the Quidhampton traffic trains varied from 1 - 10 wagons with 4 or 5 being very common. The Quid flow originally used the version modelled by Dapol and then switched to the later sagging bottom style. I can't remember when they changed over so I'll quite happily run them into the very latest era wink.gif

http://www.flickr.com/photos/salisburyasc/3387602451/sizes/l/in/set-72157604808443124/

We have been contacted by Dapol to say that our (large) order for 'OO' scale Silver Bullets has been split into two halves, the first batch arriving in the next few days, with the balance probably being delivered in mid-April.

This is a fair indication that there is a huge demand out there for the wagons.

A few days, Brilliant. I missed out on the weathered versions, but Im preparing with cans of Humbrol Matt Varnish, Matt Earth and the white "snow" from the Tamiya packs! Having seem them at Glasgow on the Dapol stand and the amount of people drooling over them and on Nigel Burkins OMWB I think we are in for an expensive but fun month!

hi

for once i made sure i ordered 4 weathered versions for POLHENDRA CLAY WORKS usually wait till they are out then try and buy them?

looking forward to there delivery worth the wait. and when i had found photo of a 33 in dutch with 4 wagons mmmm

just might buy a 33?

Hugh