Dapol silver bullets

(The) Youth

• RMweb Premium

Does anybody know when the kernow weathered examples are expected?

About three to four weeks. I received a courtesy advice of this by email from their manager when my silver ones arrived.

• RMweb Premium

As reported before the Kernow wagons are all spoken for, hopefully they will do another run of weathered 'bullets' I thought about using the couplers that you sometimes get with Bachmann Mk1's a sort of pipe that slots into the socket. Hornby make a Roco style coupler that couples closer than the normal couplings and look much neater.

I've used kadee knuckle couplers to get the wagons closer. seems to work quite well. looking forward to running them behing my re-engined lima class 92. Used the motor and bits from a Heljan class 47 and transplanted them into the body of the class 92. so the loco will have some good proper haulage. fun time ahead.

HELLO ALL

Hope I'm not gonna get slated here, but interesting prototype pic [which I think includes the famous silver bullets]:

Winwick back in 2008 I think it was - 37417.

Regards

Nick

post-1261-127122105376_thumb.jpg

HELLO ALL

Hope I'm not gonna get slated here, but interesting prototype pic [which I think includes the famous silver bullets]:

Winwick back in 2008 I think it was - 37417.

Regards

Nick

The telephoto does some interesting things to the door-line on the vans- suddenly, my scratch-built ones look quite convincing.....

Well finally got my hands on one, and only one as thats all they had left, thanks to the heads up with regards to modelfair on here. The finish looks really good, though I can see why everyones annoyed about the ladders, they do let the rest of the wagon down, lets hope that might be rectified in future releases. Can't wait to get my hands on a few more, I've ordered some of the Hattons ones. Would really love to get one or two of the weathered ones as well at some point in the future.

One issue I don't think anyone else has mentioned yet, do the ladders (as supplied) foul anyone else's platforms? I tested one of mine on the layout last night and the ladder fouled the platform in a few places. It doesn't feel loose.

It's a scratchbuilt platform with a slight curve(c 48 inches) in one place. The layout's in OO 'finescale' and I tested clearances with various coaches, including Lima Mark 3s and Bachmann Colletts and locos, including outside cylindered steamers - no problems with any of them til now...

• RMweb Premium
do the ladders (as supplied) foul anyone else's platforms?

Yes :angry: Not one of the biggest issues I have had to deal with (and the Heljan Cargowaggons also fouled with their step amidships, as did the Turbostar doorsteps, all at different spots) but irritating. Some shaving is required to the platform edging; luckily this is only card and the only strike is on areas of overhang and not the vertical brick facing.