RMweb

Colas buys 10 Class 60s from DB Schenker

Jim, have you mentioned to your bosses that there is a class 45 lying idle on the Battlefield line, if you're still short of traction might be worth asking the owners if they want to part with it.  I know it might be difficult for them to see their lovingly tendered locomotive go but they might be tempted to pay Colas some money to take it away. 

That would appear to be incredible!

However, the French Colas operation has experience with this type of engine (or, similar!) at least:

I personally, would love to see it!

Cheers,

John E.

I dont know WHAT that is but i like it!!

CC65500. Nicknamed 'Dakotas', they were built between 1955 and 1959, expressly to haul freight around the Grande Ceinture around Paris. When displaced from this work, they saw service, either with SNCF or contractors, hauling works-trains on the LGVs during their construction, and also during major track works elsewhere. Their maximum speed is only 80 kph, so they're not often seen away from works sites.

Took the following at Miramas, after the completion of the LGV SE, the locos were stored there for some time.

Miramas is half way between Arles and Marseille.

post-13196-0-68279000-1402404589_thumb.jpgpost-13196-0-96015700-1402404599_thumb.jpgpost-13196-0-78206500-1402404613_thumb.jpgpost-13196-0-63891400-1402404627_thumb.jpgpost-13196-0-61357300-1402404641_thumb.jpgpost-13196-0-51495100-1402404653_thumb.jpg

The 86 was on the stops outside the depot in fine sunshine, poking its nose over the Network Rail transits in the car park on Mill Road. Very smart. Couldn't stop for a photo though. Carry On Colas! Rejuvenating and proving that old traction is still a relevant financial investment for them in today's railfreight enterprise. Good on you.

• RMweb Premium

Took the following at Miramas, after the completion of the LGV SE, the locos were stored there for some time.

Miramas is half way between Arles and Marseille.

attachicon.gifFrance rail.185.jpgattachicon.gifFrance rail.186.jpgattachicon.gifFrance rail.187.jpgattachicon.gifFrance rail.189.jpgattachicon.gifFrance rail.190.jpgattachicon.gifFrance rail.191.jpg

They certainly do look their age don't they!

The 86 was on the stops outside the depot in fine sunshine, poking its nose over the Network Rail transits in the car park on Mill Road. Very smart. Couldn't stop for a photo though. Carry On Colas! Rejuvenating and proving that old traction is still a relevant financial investment for them in today's railfreight enterprise. Good on you.

Agreed!  Their Fleet Director was time-served in our D.O. as a youth.  He was well mentored!

• RMweb Gold

Sneaky peak before i post some more after my hospital appointment

5B5D18B2-9F8D-458F-8334-10C2D6E79AAC.jpg

got some good pics of the 60 earlier before they covered the name, wont be posting them til tomorrow though when its unvelied

Perhaps it's to be called "Coca", with a sister loco being "Pepsi", and another "Virgin"...or perhaps not.

They would have to have one as "Cheap supermarket generic" too..........

• RMweb Premium

its off to long marsden to an on track plant show where the name will be revealed, its also taking the 37 and possibly a 47

It looks like a shortish nameplate. I wonder if it's getting it's "Siloch" name back? "Barry Needham" has recently been transferred to 60091

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

and now its been named here is 60087 without its binbags!!

I thought you'd photoshopped the bin bags on previous pics..................... :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

Archived