Colas buys 10 Class 60s from DB Schenker

I think the coloured version looks much better than the earlier one Jo. The font looks a bit underwhelming on the wnxx pic. Fancy suggesting they get some slightly larger and more bold transfers Jim ;)

Cheers

Tom

When the deal was first announced I wasn't sure about how the livery would look on a 60 but after seeing the photo of 087 I do really like it. Very nice Colas.

Oh and thank you for returning more of the Brush beasts back to full working order.

Lovely!

087 just looks mint and I would personally say that it makes the CL60 look an even newer model then the CL70`s

I like all three plaque designs but keeping the CO Logo probably the best route and once trial fitted to a loco may not look that busy I the end, only way is to do mock ups of all 3 types and try them on a loco & see which works best.

I have the paint and loco. All I need is the time and transfers.

Cheers,
Mick

Just after the loggers then Mick  :sungum:  (maybe)  ;) 

• RMweb Gold

I must admit when i first saw the pics of 087 i was a bit sceptical as to whether someone had photoshopped it given how quick it has been since its test run to being painted however having just seen the loco in the flesh it looks the absolute danglies and is very real!!

Just seen a pic of 37219 on my mates Facebook looks amazing just hope there's some jobs round Yorkshire so I get chance to see them.....

Mophead

Crikey, I turned my back for five minutes and there's a trio of Tractors going into Colas service! This I have to see.

cheers for posting here and not too sure in that light whether good or bad, so shall wait for outside shots to appear of 219.

full yellow nose looks wrong in that shot in my view but like I say above shall wait n see.

• RMweb Gold

087 is out and about on monday, toton-barrow hill-washwood heath-rugby-crewe!

What a week for me to take annual leave again, 70 to be moved, 60s to be trained on and 37s breaking cover

All these new toys for Colas! Four 37's, three 47's, seven 56's, five 60's (initially), five 66's, twenty 70's (eventually), and now 86701 from Barrow Hill! Colas are growing at one hell of a rate, it's reassuring to see such growth in todays economic climate, and long may it continue. Even stranger to think that when they first started they had just the 3 Duff's!

It looks nice and modern, although those large blocks of colour aren't very flattering ( rounded design I doubt ). I'm surprised to say I don't think it needs any retro shed plates or mountain themed plates TBH

• RMweb Premium

I like I like I like thought you would have had one painted up ready for DEMU Mick lol

Too busy with the KFA rake, but we did have a guest appearance of 60087 from Cairns Road.......

TBH, I fancy doing another Colas 60 rather than 60087 - I think 60021 is next but still awaiting confirmation.

Cheers,

Mick

A couple of very clear pics of 60087

and again

Cheers,

Mick

I think it looks good but I think it would be better if the recessed part on the front between the headlights was painted black, like on the original Railfreight livery.

ROB

Archived