Colas buys 10 Class 60s from DB Schenker

• RMweb Premium

I think the Colas livery really helps show how modern in appearance the 60's are, I think 087 looks superb.

I cant help but feel a little disappointment that General Electric didn't take a leaf out of the 'Brush book' of locomotive design.

• RMweb Premium

Really don't. Like the Colas livery. It just looks cheap to me with two fairly hideous dayglo colours. However having said that , of all the locks so far prob the 60 looks best in the livery. Completely incongruous on the 86 though. Thanks for the links, without which I would have missed another development on the railway

I think the Colas livery really helps show how modern in appearance the 60's are, I think 087 looks superb.

I Completely agree with you on this, probably the best livery the 60s have ever carried, although I just as an aside wish they'd fit the newer generation LED WIPACs to the 60s - just that little touch would make it 087 look like a brand new loco.

Is it me too, or does the Colas Livery look best on the 47s and 60s - Like Direct Rail Services livery, it just looks smarter on slab sided locos with no interruptions - unlike 37219.

Yep, it was there this morning, on one end of a rake of the old FGW car carriers, with 47727 on the other end against the stops of the siding opposite platform 4. Got some photo's, but not brilliant of the 60.. 

It looks very nice, but wasn't in a very photogenic position........... 

post-8764-0-75264500-1402002354_thumb.jpg

post-8764-0-18452200-1402002415_thumb.jpg

post-8764-0-94197700-1402002485_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Yep, it was there this morning, on one end of a rake of the old FGW car carriers, with 47727 on the other end against the stops of the siding opposite platform 4. Got some photo's, but not brilliant of the 60..

It looks very nice, but wasn't in a very photogenic position...........

The above formation ran a Rugby-Euston trial trip overnight. It should've been using 86701, but it isn't quite yet ready to run again.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

The above formation ran a Rugby-Euston trial trip overnight. It should've been using 86701, but it isn't quite yet ready to run again.

Cheers,

Mick

More info on the trial here

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Cheers,

Mick

It says the test was a success and faster than the road trip even using a big load lugger, 60 MPH loco.

It should be even quicker then once the 86 gets on it! :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

interesting reading, ive put my request in to learn the 86 already!!

You'll no doubt find that interesting, Jim!

'Knotch up', 'Run',  'Hold' , watching those amp meters and all that malarkey! :O

• RMweb Gold

whether i get to learn it is another question, if the scotland trail mentioned in micks link did run it would be through "my patch" and i'm perfectly placed to relieve the driver who brings it up from london and take it to carlisle and vice versa

saying that i've got enough other things to be getting on with before i think of getting anywhere near a 'leccy 

The Class 60 looks absolutely splendid!!! I wonder if Hornby will release one next year.

OT: I've been hearing a lot about a Colas Class 37, but can't seem to find any images. All links shared previously are invalid. Google searches also turn up with nothing. Does anyone else have more news on this?

• RMweb Premium

the link in my post on page 4 works for me

That link isn't working anymore - it's possible you've got a version stored in your temporary internet files, so it works for you.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

The Class 60 looks absolutely splendid!!! I wonder if Hornby will release one next year.

OT: I've been hearing a lot about a Colas Class 37, but can't seem to find any images. All links shared previously are invalid. Google searches also turn up with nothing. Does anyone else have more news on this?

Not the greatest pic, but to prove that it does exist https://www.flickr.com/photos/resilient741/14178633328/in/faves-77496544@N07/

Anyone got recent pics of 60087 out and about ?

answering to above posts on Colas 37,

Seams the link aint working for some so here is the pic from the link of Colas 37219

post-14408-0-80600600-1402265903_thumb.jpg

Lighting inside the shed don't do it justice so be great to see pics when it gets out fully in to the open.

• RMweb Gold

Anyone got recent pics of 60087 out and about ?

if the posts on wnxx are correct its in crewe at the mo, as it happens ive got to go to the ETD later so i'll grab some pics of it if its there, cant think of where else it would be

heres a better quality pic of the 37, not my picture, sent to me by a work collegue, i will remove if it turns out its not his

2ED69377-5465-4A7F-8E8E-6E6D3FDDDA7C.jpg

Jim, have you mentioned to your bosses that there is a class 45 lying idle on the Battlefield line, if you're still short of traction might be worth asking the owners if they want to part with it.  I know it might be difficult for them to see their lovingly tendered locomotive go but they might be tempted to pay Colas some money to take it away. 

Archived