RMweb

Days when you know why you live in the British Isles

Guest CLARENCE

Same place, different seasons. River Tweed; Scotland on the right, England on the left. Not exactly why I live in UK, but certainly why I'm glad I do!

post-283-0-14306500-1407841854_thumb.jpg

post-283-0-53167400-1407841906_thumb.jpg

Cheers, David.

The lovely little fishing port of Beer in East Devon has other attractions apart from Pecorama. The Anchor Inn with it's summer Sunday bbq in the beer garden on the cliff top overlooking the beach. There'd be a bit of a gap but the bottom pic should be placed to the right of the top one.

post-7336-0-30919300-1407853536.jpg

post-7336-0-35055800-1407853581.jpg

• Like 9

The lovely little fishing port of Beer in East Devon has other attractions apart from Pecorama. The Anchor Inn with it's summer Sunday bbq in the beer garden on the cliff top overlooking the beach. There'd be a bit of a gap but the bottom pic should be placed to the right of the top one.

Well, the view from Pecorama isn't that bad either. And the kids loved it (Pecorama that is, they didn't notice the view...)

post-13158-0-93613900-1407863818_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

View of Countisbury Head from Lynton.

attachicon.gif146.JPG

Nice one David, the hotel in the middle of the pic, near the bottom of Countisbury Hill is The 'Tors' Hotel, one of the best hotels I've had the pleasure of staying at. Not because it's expensive, plush, or posh, but because I have a sense of humour, and it's different, 'quirky', and the food is good. Owned by Millers, the antique people, it has a surprise in every room that brings a smile to yer face.  :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Its gone quiet outside my window, I notice the house martins lined up on the electricity wire that means they are about to head south for the winter. It seems very early this year, do they know something?

A view from the Precipice Walk, Dollgellau of the Afon Mawddach looking west to Barmouth Bay.

post-9751-0-42284900-1408272262_thumb.jpg

The view from the garden of our accomodation across the Mawddach looking towards Cader/Cadair Idris.The Mawddach Trail follows the far (southern) bank of the river.

post-9751-0-40235300-1408272296_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

A view from the Precipice Walk, Dollgellau of the Afon Mawddach looking west to Barmouth Bay.

attachicon.gifprecipice walk.jpg

The view from the garden of our accomodation across the Mawddach looking towards Cader/Cadair Idris.The Mawddach Trail follows the far (southern) bank of the river.

attachicon.gifwindow crop.jpg

Very nice David! When were you there?

Last week I had to go to the local Asda and went back to my car with a bottle  etc for my wife's birthday.I suffer from emphesyma and I sat there with the empty trolley, my door open and was waiting to get my breath back when a car pulled into the next parking space.The driver got out and walked round her car and asked me if I was o.k.

I just said that I was ok and thanks and she suggested that she needed a trolley and was happy to take mine back.

Understated kindness,it's the British way.

• Like 2