RMweb

Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Little Bytham photo’s. All so full,of nostalgia and interest. I particularly like J2667, with class 47, number 1872 on a down passenger service in May, 1971. A good classic view that captures the place and time so perfectly.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Another lovely set of South Lincolnshire pictures. Takes me back to the afternoons that I spent along that stretch over the same period, with the mix of blue-and-grey and maroon stock, the green and blue locos, some very familiar locos and some very familiar headcodes!

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Blyth and Tyne photo’s from Winning. That’s quite a structure, in the first photo’ of Sleekburn viaduct. Then in, J6794, at Lynemouth, in February, 1980, that view could nearly be back in NER days with all those wooden bodied hopper wagons, and what looks like a mess van up against some buffer stops in the near background.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Leeds and Garforth photo's which are so nostalgic. In the first photo', the class 111 unit is bound to be standing in for a failed class 124 Trans Pennine unit. This happened from time to time, for example, when a windscreen would drop out from a cab on a class 124 DMC. 

In C18102, at Leeds, with WYPTE 155346, on a Leeds to Halifax service on the 13th October, 1992, you have a view which now quite historical, and the class 144 also to be part seen in an adjacent platform, will be soon withdrawn, and the WYPTE livery is just a memory.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the photo’s going north from Darlington. All so nostalgic and full of interest. The last photo’ of Low Fell with 37127 on a down scrap train, on Monday, 17th February, 1986, is a great view, and shows the 37 to great effect in the cold and snowy surroundings.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday was today and today is tomorrow. You seem to be a day out Dave.

Geoff Endacott

Do you mean it really isn't tomorrow yet?

More seriously I've no idea at all why I got it wrong - it's not the first time.

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Radcliffe on Trent photo’s. All so full of interest. It’s interesting to see the repainting taking place in J6811, with a class 56 on a coal train from Cotgrave, in March, 1980. I wonder how long the work would have taken?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the K&WVR photo’s which show how the railway has grown and developed of the years. Good to see the class 111 buffet car in J4201.

I love the Nottingham Midland to Loughborough photo’s. They capture perfectly the times in which they were taken, and I particularly like C2882, of class 120 DMU, on a Crewe to Nottingham service, in July, 1976. It’s a fine frontal view of the train.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

J6684 - I stood on that motorway viaduct (it's got a footpath/cycle path too) only last week. It's now accompanied by two parallel bridges, one for the London-bound M2 and one for Eurostars and Javelins.

J6683 - could equally be a 2-HAP (Cl.414) as a 2-EPB (Cl.416), I think. I lost track of which types were more common which years, but they were always chopping and changing at every timetable change it seemed.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Southern photo’s which are so atmospheric, and full of interest. J6683, at Cuxton, with a class 416, shows how faint the internal lighting was. Certainly not as bright as on the Bachmann model. And you have a good view of the station canopy, level crossing gates and signal box at Appledore in the first photo’ - a great composition which reveals all that was good about the station back then on Boxing Day, 1979.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Great pictures David, is that a goods loop at appledore?.

You can't really tell there was any track there now

I don't really know the answer, I'm hoping someone else does.

David