The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

Hi all,

Boy, you Brits need a lot of logos on your models. We just have to put "CHINA" on models for the North American market. Thankfully, North America is not part of the EU. We're happy to be a bunch of yahoo ex-colonies.

-Jason

I suppose there's no Trade Descriptions Act in Canada, seeing as they're made of plastic. :jester:

Just for interest, as I've had mine ordered for a while now, how many are you making in total?

I heard that it was more than 1 and less than 1 million.

Buy, there are a lot of holes under that thing. They must be scared of the computer room over heating.....

I heard that it was more than 1 and less than 1 million.

Buy, there are a lot of holes under that thing. They must be scared of the computer room over heating.....

It's to let in the creepy crawlies attracted by the rotting sandwich.

-Jason

Nice, like progress :)

Whats the weight like in the powercars for traction?

When I had my hands on one earlier this year, the power cars are quite weighty. Don't think there will be any issue with adhesion.

Cheers

Shane

• Like 1

Presumably the myriad holes in the underside of the Power Car shell is to let the sound out as the 1:1 scale version is pretty solid there.

I can attest to that personally having spend some hours crawling about under there many years ago,  :D

• Like 1

I see that the latest issue of 'A N Other Model Rail magazine' features the Rapido E-Train model large in its forthcoming releases, albeit with the main pic of the much earlier pre-production rivet-less moulding.

Jason also has his own column there!  :)

• Like 1

Presumably the myriad holes in the underside of the Power Car shell is to let the sound out as the 1:1 scale version is pretty solid there.

I can attest to that personally having spend some hours crawling about under there many years ago,  :D

You may well think that, but in fact they're to ventilate the interior compartment in an effort to remove the smell of a moldy cheese sandwich..... ;>)

Bill

You may well think that, but in fact they're to ventilate the interior compartment in an effort to remove the smell of a moldy cheese sandwich..... ;>)

Bill

The sandwich should be in the TRAILER CAR Bill, not the Power Car...................  :D

The sandwich should be in the TRAILER CAR Bill, not the Power Car................... :D

Yes but the sandwich can be moved and might even move by itself.

The only solution then is to have vent holes in the both power cars, one acting as the intakes, the other as out takes with the rest in between acting like a wind tunnel.

The French call the APT a TGV -> Train Grand Ventilation!

Edited by JSpencer

Yes but the sandwich can be moved and might even move by itself.

But you didn't know Mrs Williams' cheese sandwiches, they were SERIOUS constructions and once jammed under the door they were the very devil to remove!  :O

wrfiLf.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

The sandwich should be in the TRAILER CAR Bill, not the Power Car...................  :D

Oh no, if they can't get the cheese sandwich in the correct car, then I'm cancelling my order.........

:jester:

Cheers,

Mick

But you didn't know Mrs Williams' cheese sandwiches, they were SERIOUS constructions and once jammed under the door they were the very devil to remove!  :O

wrfiLf.jpg

Forget the cheese sandwich, we missed the box of Kimwipes! 

I apologize now for the sloppy research. The person in charge of research has been sacked.

The person in charge of sacking the person in charge of research has also been sacked.

Kimwipes?! :>)

If you know what the proper dimensions and colour of a Kimwipes box is, please send a post card to:

We Want To Know the Dimensions and Colour of a Kimwipes Box

Rapido Trains

Markham, Ont, Canada

Attn: Anybody left after the sackings.

Thank you.

Bill (former Rapido employee)

• Like 1

For the love of God, don't delay this any further, I'm sure there will be a market for a resin or etched brass box of wipes and bottle. Resin for the bottle and a fold up etch for the wipes would be the way to go. Oh, and then the colour ways need to be correct as someone will say it's wrong.

Cheers

Shane

If you know what the proper dimensions and colour of a Kimwipes box is, please send a post card to:

Red as I recall, with the logo in the middle in white.

Paul Leadley, the boss of the APT-E Support and Conservation Group, has plans for various period add-ons for APT-E models using his 3D printer. I'm sure a box of Kimwipes would be a simple job compared to some of the outrageous ideas he has.  :D

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Do we need allergy advice....

Do you use nuts in the construction or is Rapido Trains a Nut Free Factory. Should we mention the Gluten in the Sandwich?

Regards

Ian

Remember, there should be a label with the text, 'contains dairy products, not suitable for vegans'