Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Some tender behinds.

001.jpg.5a10639f677ab0fbe6f23d8ade4fd68a.jpg

The Stanier 3500 gallon shortie, the loco will become 45602 British Honduras. I served in Belize which was called British Honduras back in Empire days.

002.jpg.6c0c792d626915efde1dc797621cbe23.jpg

The flat sided 3,500 gallon tender, some call it a Fowler with high sides others say it is a Stanier inspired design. This will become 45710 Irresistible, naturally named after me. 

003.jpg.ee8a0c97bfa46e83a5105731731a7a20.jpg

005.jpg.10ed68fe71357cbb870079d341e3cfcc.jpg

Two photos showing the difference between the 3,500 stumpy tender and the more common 4,000 gallon tender.  The big water cart will become 45580  Burma, both my great grandfather and my father fought in Burma, great granddad in the 1890s and my dad WW2.

004.jpg.f940a472f19a20cf3f3841be414b0bb7.jpg

Four Jubilees each with a different tender, the one with the Fowler tender will become 45728 Defiance. I needed to be defiant with the Stanier 3,500 tender, the cheap secondhand one I bought had only one step, hence the whitemetal ones, the body was off a Hornby model and the chassis a Bachmann, no coupling to the loco, more super glue were it was not wanted than I can put on a model. Then I cocked up cutting the frame and one of the sides.

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 12/11/2023 at 23:46, Clive Mortimore said:

Some tender behinds.

001.jpg.5a10639f677ab0fbe6f23d8ade4fd68a.jpg

The Stanier 3500 gallon shortie, the loco will become 45602 British Honduras. I served in Belize which was called British Honduras back in Empire days.

002.jpg.6c0c792d626915efde1dc797621cbe23.jpg

The flat sided 3,500 gallon tender, some call it a Fowler with high sides others say it is a Stanier inspired design. This will become 45710 Irresistible, naturally named after me. 

003.jpg.ee8a0c97bfa46e83a5105731731a7a20.jpg

005.jpg.10ed68fe71357cbb870079d341e3cfcc.jpg

Two photos showing the difference between the 3,500 stumpy tender and the more common 4,000 gallon tender.  The big water cart will become 45580  Burma, both my great grandfather and my father fought in Burma, great granddad in the 1890s and my dad WW2.

004.jpg.f940a472f19a20cf3f3841be414b0bb7.jpg

Four Jubilees each with a different tender, the one with the Fowler tender will become 45728 Defiance. I needed to be defiant with the Stanier 3,500 tender, the cheap secondhand one I bought had only one step, hence the whitemetal ones, the body was off a Hornby model and the chassis a Bachmann, no coupling to the loco, more super glue were it was not wanted than I can put on a model. Then I cocked up cutting the frame and one of the sides.

This is fun. One of those classes with lots and lots of variety. Very impressed with the 3500g tender, which AFAIK no one has ever manufactured.

I'm sure you've thought of this, but, is the loco you plan to make 45580 "Burma" with short or long firebox? I suspect it needs to be a short one and so the current Bachmann model, not a long one, with the old Mainline/ Bachmann split chassis.

John.

• Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, John Tomlinson said:

This is fun. One of those classes with lots and lots of variety. Very impressed with the 3500g tender, which AFAIK no one has ever manufactured.

I'm sure you've thought of this, but, is the loco you plan to make 45580 "Burma" with short or long firebox? I suspect it needs to be a short one and so the current Bachmann model, not a long one, with the old Mainline/ Bachmann split chassis.

John.

Hi John

Shush.....don't tell anyone but it could have the wrong firebox. 🤫

Ks Jubilee kit apparently had the stumpy tender, someone posted about it yesterday.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Northmoor said:

Hope you don't mind Clive if I post a musical link; I'm a fan of the original but heard this tonight and really like this version:

They won't go far with a left handed bass player, can't think of a successful one.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

They won't go far with a left handed bass player, can't think of a successful one.

Even when they’re in the majority (LH players) in that group?

Paul.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

4 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

Even when they’re in the majority (LH players) in that group?

Paul.

See another band that didn't make it with a left handed bass player.

image.png.25fb6ebee1f5be5a4caebb6ea0755a63.png

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2
  • Funny 6

11 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

See another band that didn't make it with a left handed bass player.

image.png.25fb6ebee1f5be5a4caebb6ea0755a63.png

See the fella on bass there? He sat in on an interview one of my old college mates had, back in the day…

My mate is a Senior Lecturer at LIPA since the day it opened, ‘Professor’ of Bass Guitar!

Also happens to be left handed…

Coincidence?

Steve S

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Barry O said:

As it happens I maybknow someone who has a Ks stumpy tender.....

Baz

You can get an ointment for that.

Edited by ian
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

How about a bit of French Celtic Punk

I love the Frogs.

Great fun song and I think the video might be not much more than one take, which is very cleverly directed if it's the case.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

On Mid Cornwall Lines there is more chat about cider than the new cute pannier.

So for those who enjoy both Sainty's thread and those who put up with mine

I wonder if they will do the new pannier in a nice red livery with Routemaster transfers?  I won't be buying one as I all ready have a Bachy one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 3