Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Morning Clive, Good to see the OLD Clive Avatar back mate, the OTHER ONE was quite SCARRY. :O 

Hi Mr P

It is not the old Avatar, that was a guard, this one is a driver. he is looking the way and has a different colour tie. :sungum:

Soon be time for the Santa one. :O

post-16423-0-07519900-1449046093.png

post-16423-0-41120100-1449046113.png

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gang

No developments on the scenics recently, lots of thought gone into how I will not be building them. Still cannot think of an easy and quick way that is doable by me.

Anyhow over the weekend I had a Chuffing and Brummmming session that ended up more of an effing and jeffing event. It has never run so badly. I think because it hasn't been run and the track was tarnished and some of the DMUs had dirty wheels. I had a few point motors not playing the game and some derailments. I think once one thing goes wrong the rest just join in for fun. It is getting is own back for me not using it..................I bet it thinks I don't love it anymore. :O

Hi Gang

No developments on the scenics recently, lots of thought gone into how I will not be building them. Still cannot think of an easy and quick way that is doable by me.

Anyhow over the weekend I had a Chuffing and Brummmming session that ended up more of an effing and jeffing event. It has never run so badly. I think because it hasn't been run and the track was tarnished and some of the DMUs had dirty wheels. I had a few point motors not playing the game and some derailments. I think once one thing goes wrong the rest just join in for fun. It is getting is own back for me not using it..................I bet it thinks I don't love it anymore. :O

Hi Mate, really sorry to hear of your woes, when it goes wrong, it really does go wrong, I know, I've been there and got the DOUBLE XXL Tee Shirt for it.

Tomorrow I'm off to George's to finish off the wiring of Bishop Street, and I'm also taking my Guitar and Amp and George and I will be having a Jam Session, so no Chuffing and Brummmmming, just Twanging and Boom Boom Booming, hahahha.

THAT'LL PLEASE THE NEIGHBOURS, hhahahhah :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

• Like 3

Evening Clive, Thanks for coming up to our open weekend today, it was really good to see you and the New Cl 24 and the Hornby Brake Tender you brought along for West Shed, I see you also went away with an N2 as well :no: . :nono:  :nono:  :nono: :nono:  

Hi Clive

Lovely to meet you today. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your day. What a shame that a miserable journey home spoiled it for you.

The class 24 and the brake tender looked great. Andy would love to practice his weathering skills on them!!!!

Besr wishes

Jeff (binny)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have cleared all the stock boxes off that were providing the temporary scenics. Packed all the stock away, and discovered I have over 25 DMUs for service on Sheffield Exchange, 18 steam locos and all of Hanging Hill's diesels.

The sorting of the man shed has started, when finished Exchange should be in a slightly different position so I might add a lightweight board for a end on station building, based on the station at Hoylake.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The great movement of the layouts has started. Exchange has been shuffled down the manshed. Brisbane road is not up as yet but the area has been cleared for it. Ranelagh  Bridge is up. Things have not gone quite to plan as the filling cabinets have not moved. The junk, I mean modelling table is at the far end, not the best of light but I will get round that. Both Exchange and the Bridge straddle the edges of the modelling table. Good thing is that I have saved the shelving I thought would have to go. 

post-16423-0-17147400-1454895113_thumb.png

• Like 4

That looks good Clive, is the Baaseboard for RB really that shape? I do like the fact that you have such a variety in there, maybe I should SCRAP all my projects and start again, hahahha. 

Looking really good mate, but do you have a Window over the work bench, (with net curtains of course)?

• RMweb Premium

That looks good Clive, is the Baaseboard for RB really that shape? I do like the fact that you have such a variety in there, maybe I should SCRAP all my projects and start again, hahahha. 

Looking really good mate, but do you have a Window over the work bench, (with net curtains of course)?

RB sure is that shape Mr P. It follows the natural shape of the real location.

No windies in the manshed, so I can shut the door and should the boss wander into the garden she cannot see me. :declare:I will fit another light above the workbench. I already need to add one above the traverser  so a bit more wire and another light fitting won't do me any harm. 

• RMweb Premium

Never knew you had so many layouts in your den Clive ? are they all in the same era with green diesels ?...

Hi George

Sort of all the same period. Brisbane Road is ER green diesels, Sheffield Exchange has some steam mixed in with the diesels and is mainly DMUs and Ranelagh Bridge is WR late 60s early 70s so a mix of green and blue diesels.

• Like 1