Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Well if Clive did more running of trains and inserting pictures of such movement in the thread then perhaps there would be less interruptions from the back of the class.

How do we know they are actually moving? 

He could simply have plonked them there for his and our delectation....

What we really need is video evidence......

Although I would half expect that to be in the form of Super8, failing that V2000 or Betamax.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Well if Clive did more running of trains and inserting pictures of such movement in the thread then perhaps there would be less interruptions from the back of the class.

Maybe if he converted to DCC, he would be able to run more trains.

Even if it was only running more trains into each other.

• RMweb Gold

would be less interruptions from the back of the class.

Fewer.

But since it’s from the back of the class, that’s maybe too much to ask for, let alone expect...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Maybe not, but you can under 6.25kV AC, and that was apparently with 1500V DC insulators ;)

Andi

Right that does it......

I am going back to my idea of a couple of months ago. Goldington, that well known joint GWR and NER station just outside Bedford. All steam pre grouping. It would look great, the two principal expresses arriving at the same time being hauled by "The Great Bear" and a Raven Pacific.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Right that does it......

I am going back to my idea of a couple of months ago. Goldington, that well known joint GWR and NER station just outside Bedford. All steam pre grouping. It would look great, the two principal expresses arriving at the same time being hauled by "The Great Bear" and a Raven Pacific.

New project, new locos, new ideas.

Will it be DCC?

:onthequiet:

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Right that does it......

I am going back to my idea of a couple of months ago. Goldington,  just outside Bedford. All steam pre grouping. 

You just want to buy the Barclay Kettle for the power station.

Oh how the mighty fall.....

Edited by chris p bacon

• RMweb Premium

You just want to buy the Barclay Kettle for the power station.

Oh how the mighty fall.....

I have a kit one to build. I brought it before Hattons announced their's. I had a good chat to the Hattons geezer who was behind the Barclays and my disappointment about not doing one of Goldington's. :nono:  

Buy one I nearly broke one, a real one. There's me 16 years old trainee engineer doing my bit on the coal stack, mills, etc They let me watch the railway operation. I got a ride on the loco. Next shunt the crew told me to open the regulator and off we went........the 16 ton mineral was getting bigger and bigger. I asked how do you stop it, the blighters said they didn't know, sheer panic set in. :locomotive:

Still seems strange when I go to me mum's look out of my bedroom window and it ain't there any more. Never mind where I live now we have a wind farm I can stare at from my bedroom window.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Beanz beans

the musical fruit

The more you eat

the more you toot.

Just thought I'd bring some highbrow entertainment.. . . .couldn't find it though..

Hadn't seen that version before. The one we knew was

Beanz, beanz,

They're good for the heart.

The more you eat

The more you f@rt.