The Captain's Travels - another new mystery location

• RMweb Premium

I think your right.

Can you all see the person's shadow to the left of Cap'n? The bloke is saluting as he recognises this senior rating!

Attttttenshun!

Sincerely, James T Kirk :D

P.S. Don't know where it is but the Cafe looks good.

Neither clay nor cement is the traffic!

Oh, you are a rotter!

That is the Fairwater yard headshunt (former Taunton station avoiding line), so carries TRT and HOBC traffic.

It does look like clay dries though!

• RMweb Gold

Oh, you are a rotter!

That is the Fairwater yard headshunt (former Taunton station avoiding line), so carries TRT and HOBC traffic.

It does look like clay dries though!

I should have added that 'staff are not allowed to enter Kernow Inc. competitions!!'... ;) ;) :P

He's quite right, of course!

Here's the view looking the other way:

post-57-12650601843159_thumb.jpg

Here's the view looking the other way:

I wouldn't have got it from that angle! It was only the 40 steps bridge in the background of the other picture that gave it away.

I don't live that near the next one - can I play??? :D

Edit - I'm going to play anyway, Polsloe Bridge, then I'll let someone else have a go!

• RMweb Gold

I wouldn't have got it from that angle! It was only the 40 steps bridge in the background of the other picture that gave it away.

I don't live that near the next one - can I play??? :D

Edit - I'm going to play anyway, Polsloe Bridge, then I'll let someone else have a go!

It definitely bears more than a passing resemblance to Polsloe Bridge (at least 2.5 hours away from me whether I go by car, train, or by aeroplane between the nearest airports to me and it).

biggrin.gifThat'll be the branch to Tytherington. I think the bridge is the one just off the junction at Yate. The traffic is single file under it, controlled by traffic lights.

That's as close as I can get to a proper location

biggrin.gifThat'll be the branch to Tytherington. I think the bridge is the one just off the junction at Yate. The traffic is single file under it, controlled by traffic lights.

That's as close as I can get to a proper location

I agree with Jules. It's the bridge over North Road, Yate which carries the Tytherington/ex Thornbury line.

• RMweb Premium

Oooh, oooh, sir!!

OK I wasn't allowed to enter that one, i'm just a few minutes walk away! laugh.gif

It looks very nice in the snow (although somebody should tell the driver that Barnstaple isn't in that direction!wink.gif )

post-6762-12651182410973_thumb.jpgpost-6762-12651182548408_thumb.jpg

Good G**. The last time I was at this location was in 1962/3 and it was double track with nice little Standard 2.6.2's thundering up that bank in the distance. It was the 'stairway to heaven'( i.e. Exmouth Junction Shed!) and those steps; I would probably need the Paramedics if I tried rushing up those these days.

Sincerely, 83D exile.

Archived