Everard Junction - 88 to 90 - BR Western Region

richard w

Congrats on the magazine shoot,must be a very nice feeling when your layout gets featured in a mainstream mag.

All your YouTube videos over the past few years have really helped many other modellers including myself,so thanks for that!

Cheers

Ben

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Great to see your layout is being published. I found your YouTube channel on the day I decided to get back into model railways and have been an avid follower ever since. Even getting a Lenz DCC system based on what you said about it.

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Richard

Congratulations on having your layout in print, well deserved.

You have passed on so much information through your 'how to videos' over the years on You Tube and for that I thank you.

Please keep the videos coming, I always look forward to seeing another video posted.

Brian

• Like 3

Richard, Everard Junction looks quite complete, but I'm sure there is more to be done.  I'm sure you've had "your moments" with the big shed project.  I may try a smaller engine shed using two of the old Peco kits end to end in a two stall 20" version.  I look forward to your posts.  Thank you for all you've done for the Thatcher era modelers.

• 1 month later...

Do you still have the sentinel shunter? havent sen it for a while and really liked it. what happened to the pantograph loco? also, your platforms are Hornby. what glue did you use to put them together, and what filler? and the name of the platform colour? lastly, how do you keep your layout and locos from dust?

sorry for all the questions but has been on my mind

Edited by Jwnewall

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Richard,

I have been following you since last 1 year.

I am planning to move from starter to big layout, however I am confused in selecting dcc system for the layout. I am considering Lenz LH 100 and LZV 101 OR ROCO Z21. Can you suggest me on this please?

Also Roco z21(white version) looks ok in my opinion.

Thanks.

I am so glad to find this on here, I am a massive fan of your videos Richard.  I was a teenager growing up in and around Reading in the late 80's early 90's.  I used to regularly travel into Reading with friends or to go ice skating in Oxford by rail from Pangbourne,  this layout perfectly captures the atmosphere I remember from then for me.  Fantastic work mate,

Andy

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Richard........can I please come round and paint the walls of the platforms? It's driving me mad looking at them!  :laugh:

Now I've got my gripe out of the way, the thing that I like about EJ so much is that you've added things that you see every day - there's so much to list I'd be here for a week but I'm sure people know what I mean........

Right from the early YouTube days, I'm sure your layout has been an inspiration for many people and if it wasn't for watching the track weathering video, I'd never have bought an airbrush (I'm still struggling to use the thing properly though!)  :swoon:

Looking forward to more content....

Cheers

Mike

• 2 months later...

Yes, Me too . 

Just been watching Richards latest video explaining the problems he's been having with it and showing how the boards have warped and sagged over time. Shame to see it go, but, as he said, the boards were beyond recovery unfortunately.

Looking forward to Richards next build - say he wants to "up his game" - it'll take some doing to beat Everard Junction ! 

Best of luck Richard, we will all be watching !

As some of you already know I have made the decision to rebuild the layout.  I've been thinking about this for months and as much as it pains me to do it I've got no choice.  The baseboards are buggered....

post-23223-0-85411000-1490700918_thumb.jpg

I've really enjoyed the last 8 years of layout construction and learnt many things.  A new layout will allow me to put some of these ideas into practice and make a more prototypical representation of the NSE aspect of BR.  I'll be sharing some ideas soon and will be starting baseboard construction over the spring.  Before that i'm insulating the loft and may even be putting in a window so plenty of work ahead.

For now its demolition time..

post-23223-0-06089000-1490701349_thumb.jpg

The video I made about the subject is below and goes into much more detail.

As always thanks for your support and interest.  I'll update when I can but as you all know this isn't a fast process.  Cheers...

• Like 3