OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

Dave has previously indicated that his quality check is performed in China.

Roy

Was hoping mine would be tested on the 3rd rail out of Southampton! :jester:

Looking forward to receiving mine, although I will have to wait for it to cross the Atlantic and most of Canada!  Glad I already paid for it as I recently lost my job, so sadly looks like I won't be getting a 74.

Looks like they're on their way to daddy. Just had an e-mail from Kernow that my two BR green ones are despatched today by Interlink next day delivery. Nice touch the next day delivery. I was an early order (18 August 2014).

Hi everyone,

Looks like the Kernow dispatch system has let the cat out of the bag.

Yes I can confirm that the class 71's are in country, in Cornwall, and Kernow have started to dispatch them.

If you have changed address since ordering can I ask that you contact Kernow as soon as possible please to avoid delay.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Definitely explained as being in China somewhere in the J94 thread / threads.

Edit: As an aside, as DJ gets bigger (the company not Dave himself :jester: ) I think it becomes impracticable for him to personally check them all. It is a tasks that, to my mind, is needed, but should be handled by somebody trusted and independent from the manufacturer.

Edit 2: One of the references to checking in China: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/92775-hattons-announce-10-exclusive-limited-editions-austerityj94-by-djmodels/page-9&do=findComment&comment=2434534 I am sure there is another, but I can't find it.

Roy

That is correct, it's written in response to a posting I put up a few weeks back.

Ian

Just ordered 0071-005 E5010 in BR Green with full yellow ends,I have all the Hornby versions and promised Dave that when his versions are released that I would spend a few quid on his effort, so looking forward to E5010 arriving in the next day or so.

Just had an e-mail from Kernow that my two BR green ones are despatched today by Interlink next day delivery. Nice touch the next day delivery. I was an early order (18 August 2014).

Mine are quote "Your order has been shipped via Royal Mail, Standard Delivery service." Did you pay extra for Interlink next day delivery? (I don't mind waiting, just curious though)

Mine are quote "Your order has been shipped via Royal Mail, Standard Delivery service." Did you pay extra for Interlink next day delivery? (I don't mind waiting, just curious though)

Hmm, I thought they were going to be dashed out by courier to all of us???

• RMweb Gold

Two examples increases the value of items .Thus according to Kernow 's policy of dispatching orders two qualifies for courier delivery,whereas one comes via Royal Mail..at least I think that's how it works.If anyone has any further information feel free to contradict me.

As Ian says, there is a further value criteria that means the despatch goes up to free next day courier delivery. As my two are being despatched together, value £250, this takes them over the £175 level for free next day courier service. At least I think so. My Kernow account shows a negative value enhanced delivery service against this order, which I think means it was no charge. Oh well if I paid for it in 2014, it's long gone. The delivery tomorrow suits me, as the next day we're in Bournmeouth, Dorset for a funeral, so would have missed the standard delivery.

• RMweb Premium

Not me gov, the music is not mine. I do still have background music for my last layout "Brockley Green SE4" supplied by my youngest daughter and her husband. 

It should be noted the video was the work of a chap called Andy York. I wonder what happened to him?

PS The Kent Coast electric in the siding to the right is one of Charlie's "Silver Fox" range but now out of stock.

Andy Who?

• RMweb Gold

Mine arriving tomorrow as well, still not found the sound decoders purchased last December. Where have I put them.......... :senile:

Keith

Yippee, after rummaging around for the last couple of hours finally found an ESU LokSound box containing the misplaced decoders - all three of them, two for the locos due to arrive tomorrow and one for the Hattons Golden Arrow loco. Am a happy bunny now :imsohappy:  :declare: 

Wonder when the Hattons loco will appear - all seems to have gone quiet on that front...... :dontknow: 

Keith

• RMweb Premium

I have just realised I have no proof of my order, as it was all on an old laptop that expired in a major loss of magic smoke.  I changed the order from a SYP to an original livery and I recall getting a confirmation of same. I was an 'early adopter' so fingers crossed I hear soon!

I felt it my duty to give him a chance and allow him to advance his name in the big world of video productions. :no:

Although equipment has he's not got any better yet. I had almost forgotten that!

• RMweb Gold

I think when you ordered you were given delivery option choice - Royal Mail or courier.  I chose RM because the postie comes at almost the same time every day, whereas courier could be any time.  Mine too is on its way for delivery tomorrow.

Edited by RFS

Yippee, after rummaging around for the last couple of hours finally found an ESU LokSound box containing the misplaced decoders - all three of them, two for the locos due to arrive tomorrow and one for the Hattons Golden Arrow loco. Am a happy bunny now :imsohappy:  :declare: 

Wonder when the Hattons loco will appear - all seems to have gone quiet on that front...... :dontknow: 

Keith

This was the email from hattons on Monday when I asked the question

Hello Dave

Thank you for your email.

I have checked with our buyer and he has advised they will be in any day this week we do not know at the moment the exact day.