OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

DPD have just delivered -001 and -002

I see from the receipt I ordered them on 18 August 2014

And yes Dave, I did stop and I am now reading the instructions!

They look great, well worth the wait.

Thanks to Dave and all at Kernow.

Kind regards,

Ian H

• Like 2

I think when you ordered you were given delivery option choice - Royal Mail or courier.  I chose RM because the postie comes at almost the same time every day, whereas courier could be any time.  Mine too is on its way for delivery tomorrow.

You would think that after all this time, Dave would get out his sleigh (and wake up Rudolph) so that he could personally deliver them!

:jester:

Stewart

DPD have just delivered -001 and -002

I see from the receipt I ordered them on 18 August 2014

And yes Dave, I did stop and I am now reading the instructions!

They look great, well worth the wait.

Thanks to Dave and all at Kernow.

Kind regards,

Ian H

lol, thanks Ian,

Glad you have them, also glad you stopped too ;-)

cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Just received mine and upon opening the package found that I had two x -002 whereas I had ordered one each of -002 and -003 as stated  on the transaction receipt.

Phoned Kernow and, to be honest, I could not believe (and still don't believe) the very off-hand response I received from the (youngish-sounding) guy who answered the phone. Without any to do I was told to send the duplicate back, they would then refund the postage and send the correct model as ordered. No apology as such was made.

So, Kernow have messed things up and I have to repack the item and make a special trip to town to post the item back to them. He made it clear that they would not organise its return which could easily be done through DPD. He even refused to take my name and address as he didn't see any need for it. Also pointed out to him that one of the boxes was dented but that didn't seem to worry him. I could not believe what I was hearing.

post-586-0-61718300-1494431143.jpg

I've been dealing with Kernow for a number of years and still have a number of items on back order with them but have never been treated in such a way when I have phoned them before. I hope it never happens again......

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Just received mine and upon opening the package found that I had two x -002 whereas I had ordered one each of -002 and -003 as stated  on the transaction receipt.

Phoned Kernow and, to be honest, I could not believe (and still don't believe) the very off-hand response I received from the (youngish-sounding) guy who answered the phone. Without any to do I was told to send the duplicate back, they would then refund the postage and send the correct model as ordered. No apology as such was made.

So, Kernow have messed things up and I have to repack the item and make a special trip to town to post the item back to them. He made it clear that they would not organise its return which could easily be done through DPD. He even refused to take my name and address as he didn't see any need for it. Also pointed out to him that one of the boxes was dented but that didn't seem to worry him. I could not believe what I was hearing.

attachicon.gifDJM-Box-1.jpg

I've been dealing with Kernow for a number of years and still have a number of items on back order with them but have never been treated in such a way when I have phoned them before. I hope it never happens again......

Keith

Hi

Send them the dented one back as the duplicate.

Cheers

Paul

attachicon.gifDJM-Box-1.jpg

Keith

Disgraceful that the box should be dented like that and poor treatment all told, speak to the courier maybe? what a shame this link in the chain is letting the side down

Edited by mikesndbs

Kernow have probably had the phone ring of the hook this week with everyone asking " Wheres Mine" 

Regards Arran

I should think Kernow are very busy sending the models out and would prefer not to be answering the phone, but there's never an excuse for being rude or offhand, however busy you are. If the packing is being done carelessly then it might be better to take a bit longer and make sure they send the correct models as ordered and pack them up securely so you don't get a dented box. They're probably sending them out in order of ordering, I didn't order mine until September 2015, so I'm not holding my breath. That was only one though, I couldn't afford two of them. Having said that, Charlie Petty sent me two of the Realtrack Class 143s although I only ordered one - I hasten to add that I returned one of them! That reminds me that I've still got a credit with Charlie for the return postage on that, maybe I should order a sound decoder for the Class 71 and claim a discount.

I'm sure we'll all get our models in due course anyway. I get a certain amount of free train travel so I could offer to pop and collect mine, but that might cause worse problems...

Cheers

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Both of mine arrived today, just when the e-mail from kernow said they would.

Expertly packed, no issues at all. Although the reported problems should not have happened, hopefully they are few and far between.

As to the models, they have been well worth the wait and Dave has done an excellent job of delivering on his promises and has vindicated my faith in putting my money where his mouth was.

What vapourware?

Alan

edit fur speelingj

Edited by Trofimow

Just as soon as it arrives, David!  Do you want the mangled foot in the background?  LOL. :jester:

gotta love mangled foot Neil still yours should be getting a sun tan by now

Have you gotta move to get your camera

Just regarding my earlier post, we just had two really nice calls from Kernow and the top fellow involved.

Clearly we got the wrong end of the stick and there was no intention of any offence.

Kernow have a big job to do and its clear my wife called at a busy time.

So I'd just like for the record to say we are 100% happy with how things have gone and will be delighted to keep doing business with this outlet.

Regards to all

• Like 3

Wot no pictures

People are probably blocked by the please stop booklet and are currently afraid to remove it from the box.

Rest assured that will change as soon as an un boxing video is on line.

• RMweb Gold

Just regarding my earlier post, we just had two really nice calls from Kernow and the top fellow involved.

Clearly we got the wrong end of the stick and there was no intention of any offence.

Kernow have a big job to do and its clear my wife called at a busy time.

So I'd just like for the record to say we are 100% happy with how things have gone and will be delighted to keep doing business with this outlet.

Regards to all

Good for you to post this.

• RMweb Gold

I am up on crutches now, but I can't use them and carry anything!

You just need more practice. When I spent 7 weeks on them at the start of the year, I learned how to carry a cup of hot coffee whilst using them. And that was with no weight on my right foot. You have no dedication to the class 71 cause ;-)

Roy