OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

Fantastic that they have now started to arrive!

Although I have one slight question!!

Obviously there is masses to get through of backlog orders, that's understandable, but I ordered one the early part of last year and I am still waiting, fair enough to send them out in date order, but I know of someone that ordered one on Tuesday and they now have theirs! 

Not that I am impatient, but find it a little frustrating!! 

Obviously there is masses to get through of backlog orders, that's understandable, but I ordered one the early part of last year and I am still waiting, fair enough to send them out in date order, but I know of someone that ordered one on Tuesday and they now have theirs! 

For goodness sake - it's a toy train !!

If that's all that you have to worry about - be thankful.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

I have heard my blue one is on the way (ordered November 2014). The only slight thing is that it has been posted to my home address instead of work. (fortunately my new address as I changed home last year).

Ah well....

In the "stop read me now" info is a warning that older feedback controllers may not be suitable for coreless motors. Of the three DC controllers I have the oldest has poor slow running characterestics. Looks like I will have to get a new controller as well.

• RMweb Premium

Preorders will be done in the order they were placed, whereas new orders will be processed straight away as per normal practice. Seems they are getting through 2-3 months worth of preorders each day, according to their different social media pages. Won't take them long to get through them all.

• RMweb Gold

Just collected 71013 from the sorting office. A well wrapped parcel as it took a few minutes to get the tape off the outer box. Well it seemed a long time when trying to get to the new toy!

Not that it's really a toy but a very nice detailed model.

Had to wait till we were stopped at traffic lights to take some photos

Very impressive model. The pantogragh detail looks very good. I did stop to read the instructions before getting the loco out of the clear packaging.

Will have to wait till tomorrow to give it a test run.

post-1557-0-87602700-1494657648_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-55753500-1494657670_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-59270600-1494657687_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-46408500-1494657701_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 14

Just collected 71013 from the sorting office. A well wrapped parcel as it took a few minutes to get the tape off the outer box. Well it seemed a long time when trying to get to the new toy!

Not that it's really a total but a very nice e detailed model.

Had to wait till we were stopped at traffic lights to take sone photos

Very impressive model. The pantogragh detail looks very good. I did stop to read the instructions before getting the loco out of the clear packaging.

Oh I say! Very crisp photos of a nice-looking machine. Thank you! Has Dave done his trick with the bogie springs again (i.e. helical rather than a solid, half-round moulding)? Just to show that I’m not totally uncritical, I’ll mention that the cabling in the panto well is moulded as part of the body whereas the Hornby is a separate part.

Not Dave’s fault, of course, but the custard dip brigade rather lacked imagination. Wouldn’t the yellow nose have looked a little better if it had followed the curve of the nose rather than being just vertical?

• Like 1

A 'toy' that cost £125. A simple question met with your rudeness. Feel free to troll away

Another thing to be thankful for - that you can afford to spend £125.00 on a toy.

Frothers say so much about themselves.

I am not a troll - for a start, I use my real name - but I do think that a little self-restraint goes a long way.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not that it's really a toy but a very nice detailed model.

Had to wait till we were stopped at traffic lights to take some photos

Interesting that the yellow changes the shape of the front and makes it looker closer to the prototype than the green images. As I posted earlier, I still can't decide which has the best shape: DJ or Hornby.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

The point about pre-orders is that the customer has a reasonable certainty of eventual delivery. Those of us who watch and wait run the risk that the version we want will sell-out before we can get the order in. If you have visited Kernow, you will know that their shop and the premises above are always crammed with stock, and they can only support so many people sending out mail orders, so it does take time. Amazon they are not.

And I'm afraid every keenly-awaited-model thread includes a plea like yours from someone anxious to receive theirs. In some cases it seems it is more important than life and death.

I hope yours turns up soon.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Having read the last 3 or 4 pages of froth and seeing a few photos of the models and a foot it would be nice for a prospective buyer, like myself, to actually find out if they run or not.

regards, Ken.

Unfortunately I don't have the facility to run mine at the moment. Pics are all I can manage.

• RMweb Gold

For goodness sake - it's a toy train !!

If that's all that you have to worry about - be thankful.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

This isn't life or death

It's far more serious than that.....

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Having read the last 3 or 4 pages of froth and seeing a few photos of the models and a foot it would be nice for a prospective buyer, like myself, to actually find out if they run or not.

regards, Ken.

So why don't you buy one? They you can find out if it runs or not, at your leisure.

• Like 1

Up Golden Arrow, south of Polhill tunnel, which usually passed after 7pm, unless the cross channel ferry was late, scanned from one of my Dad's slides.  Will anyone produce a selection of the Golden Arrow pullman cars?

post-18411-0-73996400-1494667151_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stevebrissle
  • Like 11

Hope so!

Up Golden Arrow, south of Polhill tunnel, which usually passed after 7pm, unless the cross channel ferry was late, scanned from one of my Dad's slides. Will anyone produce a selection of the Golden Arrow pullman cars?

post-14423-0-83833700-1494667854_thumb.jpg

Edited by miles73128
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

For which privelege they paid a good deal extra...plus postage.If you are a little miffed at that and the prospect of along wait then consider the likes of me who ordered within hours of the crowdfunding option terminating.

• RMweb Gold

regards, Ken.

Me too - I have several days yet before the two I have on order will be here and I am very interested to see how they run.

Roy

So why don't you buy one? They you can find out if it runs or not, at your leisure.

Mainly because I've seen the Hornby 71 in the flesh and was impressed with that and having a limited income, the difference between £89.99 and £139.99 is significant enough to warrant my question I thought.

Reagards, Ken.

• Like 1