Heljan planning a 1361 too

Wild Boar Fell

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Lets get the facts straight if you want to make a point.

You state 'this year alone'.

The late class 23 was produced several years ago and yes a mistake was made with the window positioning and nose shape.

When Heljan decided to produce the early nose style, to their great credit they undertook (at considerable expense) new tooling having listened to the critics.

This is not 'hit and miss' as this is an example of listening, admitting mistakes and evolution of their product is it not.

Personally I havnt bought either 23 for my fleet as i've a couple of Silver Fox kits waiting a start.

If you want to see an example of what Heljan can do look at the class 15 and 16 - especially the North British - this is one of the best diesel models ever.

Regards

And if you want one of the howlers look at the class 17. Motor overheated , didn't work, took a year to get a replacement. Removing body by removing buffers one of the most crap pieces of design I've seen.

Oh, that's a relief. I thought I was going mad!  I couldn't see anything wrong with the posts that have disappeared. A place-holder and note would've help my memory.

Just for clarification, a block of posts was removed not all of which were in themselves contentious (why, one was mine, the very model of sober consideration and balance!).

Seriously, they had become just a circuitous 'argument' and getting a bit silly as the evening wore on and I can see the logic for removing them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Bring both models on. I have nothing against either manufacturer, the Heljan models I've bought have all been beautiful runners (better than most of my other models) and superbly finished. I know they drop a few klangers but when they get it right their models are excellent. Equally I have every confidence the DJM offering will be a good'un. I'll wait and make a decision which to go for when they're released, indeed I can see myself ending up with both.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

:offtopic:

I'd love my for my sketches there to get this treatment. It would be most amusing.

I wonder if Mr. TTAMTWASOOC is up for it?

I gave it as good a crack as I could. The Software had a paddy over certain features, so this was the best I could do.

Outline:

post-20657-0-89686000-1453152112_thumb.jpg

Colour:
post-20657-0-74715700-1453152119_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Matt

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Honestly don't know what to think.

Two manufacturers going head to head on a relatively obscure class of only 5 engines...

Price is near enough the same.

I only need one.. ( I don't really need any, but I can make it work ;-) )

both DJ and Heljan have produced strong geared models (the j94 sounds a real beast, but the 02 from Heljan also works like a land rover ).

Question is which one will sell me the one ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Honestly don't know what to think.

Two manufacturers going head to head on a relatively obscure class of only 5 engines...

Price is near enough the same.

I only need one.. ( I don't really need any, but I can make it work ;-) )

both DJ and Heljan have produced strong geared models (the j94 sounds a real beast, but the 02 from Heljan also works like a land rover ).

Question is which one will sell me the one ?

Depends which one you want and the price differential is actually about £45 according to a price Heljan displayed at the Warley show.

• RMweb Gold

Depends which one you want and the price differential is actually about £45 according to a price Heljan displayed at the Warley show.

Ouch, really ?

I  was comparing prices to Hattons (£131 + £4 p&p) to Kernows (£135).

Edited by adb968008

Roco uses exactly the same method in the longstanding model of the SBB Re460. Nobody seems to have complained....

It's probably a British thing. We for some reason have to complain about some really small thing even when it doesn't affect the models running abilities or looks. I have no idea how it is a crap design, for me it's cleverly designed. Eliminates screws. You lose a screw it could be hard to source a spare. You lose a buffer you can scratch build one in mins and/or have one 3D printed.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A short video taking a look at the Heljan Stand, during the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition.
On show, as well a huge display of current production models, was a number of up and coming and prototypes, including the all 009 L&B Manning Wardle 2-6-2T's, 0 gauge GWR 61xx Large Prairie's, 00 gauge British Rail Class 07's, plus much, much more.
Filmed Saturday 26th November 2016, we take a closer look at these new models, plus more. 
Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwMEL_dmQy8

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The latest Rail newsletter (dated 13th Jan) states ;

Take a look at the below new releases estimated to be in next week from Bachmann, Graham Farish, Heljan and Oxford Rail. Also listed on here are the new Hornby 2017 catalogue!

And underneath are listed

1300(2).JPG?preset=large-thumb Heljan 1300 GWR 0-6-0ST 1361 Photographic Grey livery 1300
  •  
buy now - £122.50 RRP: £159.95
1301(2).JPG?preset=large-thumb Heljan 1301 GWR 0-6-0ST 1363 GWR Green Monogram Insignia 1301
  •  
1302(2).JPG?preset=large-thumb Heljan 1302 GWR 0-6-0ST 1364 GWR Green (G W R Lettering) 1302
  •  
1303(2).JPG?preset=large-thumb Heljan 1303 GWR 0-6-0ST 1365 BR Black Early Lion & Wheel Insignia 1303
  •  
1304(2).JPG?preset=large-thumb Heljan 1304 GWR 0-6-0ST 1363 BR Black Late Lion & Wheel Insignia 1304
  •  

==============================================