Thought I would add these on to the others and included a motorway accident with the rail trader in.

Gordon

Hi Gordon, and welcome.

Good to see sombody else's collection, makes a change from mine. Always glad to see any new stuff you produce, show them on here. And if you have any photos of the real thing we would love to see them. I hope I speak for the few who take an interest in the road vehicles of B R.

Cheers Merfyn.

Hi Merfyn, Thanks, the other models I have are not rail related, Wynns, and other Heavy Haul stuff.

As for photos, Have a bit of modern and couple of oldies you would be most welcome to see if they may be of use?

Regards, Gordon

Thought I would add these on to the others and included a motorway accident with the rail trader in.

Gordon

I had no idea anyone modelled motorway pile-ups in isolation blink.gif

I had no idea anyone modelled motorway pile-ups in isolation blink.gif

I displayed it at a few Fire Station open days in 70/80 it was based on a real pile up in early 70s. It was the first major M1 accident 120 vehicles over 1.5 miles in thick fog, if my memory serves me right!

Always interested to see any railway motors, yes please.

Merfyn.

Hi again, which area do train pics belong please? Have some on Eastern Region scanned from negs. Mainily through Cadwell/Arlsey area in Beds.

Gordon

The latest (June) Backtrack magazine has a colour centre spread on Jubilees in B.R. days.  One photo, at Low Gill, Westmoreland, shows a very clear Karrier based personnel carrier in the background.  Clearly I cannot post it but check it out if of interest.

The latest (June) Backtrack magazine has a colour centre spread on Jubilees in B.R. days.  One photo, at Low Gill, Westmoreland, shows a very clear Karrier based personnel carrier in the background.  Clearly I cannot post it but check it out if of interest.

Had to dash out and buy one at Smifs. Nice shot by Gavin Morrison that I had seen before (Steam Railway June 1985).

Registration looks like 706HRO, a Karrier Gamecock with body built at Wolverton works about 1960 for the S&T dept. I have a B&W photo of identical one 622PRO, fleet No. 1342SO M. Our similar Bedford TK at work was always called the Gamecock after it replaced the Karrier in 1970.

Merfyn.

Gordon

Do you know anything about the Corgi Atkinson in BR colours that you have posted a pic of.Wondered if their was some history with the box. We have had some debate and pictures about this one before on this thread.

Gordon

Do you know anything about the Corgi Atkinson in BR colours that you have posted a pic of.Wondered if their was some history with the box. We have had some debate and pictures about this one before on this thread.

Hi, Not off hand but I will try and find out if I can, I have been surprised many times with models that I thought were fictional only to find a photo or info on them later!

May take awhile but I will look at my referances. Just add a differant view of some of the collection.

Gordon.

post-9384-127564084002_thumb.jpg

I remember going to Hollway Rail Depot a few times with my father and seeing lots of new vehicles awaiting to be assigned out.

Mainly TK trator units stick in my mind. But there were many others it was a big yard as I recall!

If only had a camera back then.

Gordon

Yes the real vehicle Atkinson HLV608P modelled by corgi is on the preservation circuit and theres a picture of a BR liveried one here(2nd row 1st pic , click to enlarge)

http://www.yorkshirewoldsrailway.org.uk/history/malton_station.php

The one in this picture is the one at Malton, that we were discussing a few weeks ago. Just completed the model, based on that photo, but with the registration HLV608P from the Corgi/preserved one. From the pictures I have seen, it would appear it was transfered to the BRS Rescue section of NFC fitted with a breakdown crane, but has since returned to original condition as an artic, would be nice to see the original livery restored.

The model comes from a EFE chassis, RTI cab and posed with a Base trailer.

post-1625-127565542332_thumb.jpg

Merfyn.

Guest Phil

Had a quick mooch of this site the other day and came across this picture of Hockley goods, on the GWML between Birmingham Snow Hill and Wolverhampton Low Level.

http://www.warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrhd696.htm

I'd previously bought a model of a Karrier with an artic van trailer but was a little unsure of the gutter mounted indicator pods. Plenty of evidence of them here.

Enjoy !!!

• Like 1

Had a quick mooch of this site the other day and came across this picture of Hockley goods, on the GWML between Birmingham Snow Hill and Wolverhampton Low Level.

http://www.warwicksh...wr/gwrhd696.htm

I'd previously bought a model of a Karrier with an artic van trailer but was a little unsure of the gutter mounted indicator pods. Plenty of evidence of them here.

Enjoy !!!

Phil, that picture is awesome, which overbridge do you reckon it was taken from?

EDIT: it may have been from a boundary street rather than a bridge, the site was so sprawling I can't place large chunks of it even now!

Phil's was an excellent spot. In fact I've not been to bed thanks to his link above wink.gif

Anyway, Hockley Goods GWR is truly fascinating - a huge urban site unrecognisable today, and the wealth of photos do include several of road vehicles in its latter years (closed 1967). Here are some more Karriers caught in their natural habitat: http://www.warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrhd702.htm

There are also photos of the canal interchange basin and repairs to wartime damage. Probably worthy of a thread in its own right, fellow Brummies cool.gif

Regards the Corgi 1:50 model of the BR yellow Atkinson lorry, just found the box. The Corgi notes only discribe the BR liveries from Nationalisation to yellow with red arrows, but no details regards the lorry itself.

So no more help there.

Cheers.

Regards the Corgi 1:50 model of the BR yellow Atkinson lorry, just found the box. The Corgi notes only discribe the BR liveries from Nationalisation to yellow with red arrows, but no details regards the lorry itself.

Thanks for looking, saved me from buying one on Evil Bay in amoment of weakness and being dissapointed with the history. :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking, saved me from buying one on Evil Bay in amoment of weakness and being dissapointed with the history. rolleyes.gif

Jcb, why if I may ask does that info change your opinion of getting the Atki now? Do you prefer to know the history of an exact vehicle to be modeled?

Thanks, Gordon.