Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

Everyone has their own reasons for joining the club and, perhaps more importantly staying a member.

To be honest my reasons for joining are a bit hazy now. I'm NOT a collector but a modeller. I've only bought two CCEs, the three PW steels set and the last Class 20 as I can use both on future layouts. The kettles, coaches, PO wagons and such are of no interest to me as they don't fit my modelling interests.

What keeps me rejoining is the magazine. It's the best UK railway modelling mag around. to my mind. None of the others has such breadth of content and, even though it is obviously a Bachmann flag waving exercise, worth the subs alone.

steve

Everyone has their own reasons for joining the club and, perhaps more importantly staying a member.

To be honest my reasons for joining are a bit hazy now. I'm NOT a collector but a modeller. I've only bought two CCEs, the three PW steels set and the last Class 20 as I can use both on future layouts. The kettles, coaches, PO wagons and such are of no interest to me as they don't fit my modelling interests.

What keeps me rejoining is the magazine. It's the best UK railway modelling mag around. to my mind. None of the others has such breadth of content and, even though it is obviously a Bachmann flag waving exercise, worth the subs alone.

steve

I’d agree about the mag. The Club day is also a most excellent bash and should convince anyone of the dedication of Bachmann staff. When a tempting Club model comes along, it’s the icing on the cake.

• RMweb Premium

And you get a nice calendar. I'm beginning to think I'm unique never having bought a club limited edition. It's in no way the reason for joining the club to me . Main reasons are to be kept up to date on news , although the slow speed at which some models are progressing is a bit embarrassing. You get to know new releases and a catalogue as soon as it is released . I do wish they'd change the collectors wagon from the usual open , from time to time though, but again this is not the reason for being in the club for me.

And you get a nice calendar. I'm beginning to think I'm unique never having bought a club limited edition. It's in no way the reason for joining the club to me . Main reasons are to be kept up to date on news , although the slow speed at which some models are progressing is a bit embarrassing. You get to know new releases and a catalogue as soon as it is released . I do wish they'd change the collectors wagon from the usual open , from time to time though, but again this is not the reason for being in the club for me.

When the sub. was raised, it changed to a tank wagon. Since then it has reverted to an open, probably in an effort to contain costs.

I am merely expressing my OWN thoughts. Clearly everyone has their own ideas about what they would like to see and what they want to buy. I have in the past bought waggons as well as locomotives but the whole point about a collectors edition be it waggon or loco is that is it rather special and unique to the members.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, im expressing mine...............that's all !

• RMweb Premium

and to that you are entirely entitled.  I personnally would have liked to see a pre-gouping locomitive, but I am sue a lot here and a lot in the club would have preferred something other than that.  (Although the last pre-grouping loco sold out in weeks.) That is just the fall of the dice, sometimes you win but often you lose.  I can live with the wins.

• 1 month later...

My prediction, something very odd in OO and naff all in N...

I must admit that I have been quite disappointed in the club in regards to producing the same models in both gauges although from what I've read on hear and in other places that N gauge is only 20% of the market compared to 00 gauge.

And Bachmanns policy to only produce a limited Run of 502 model or what ever the number is a major problem in my opinion but anyway well know soon enough

Thanks

Alan

• RMweb Gold

Usually the club model follows something similar to a release tooling, though this year bets are off with the van and 4mt.

There’s not a lot from them recently, and looking at the website not much to come relatively soon either.

If it’s a loco, my guess is a 47 as there’s a few of the limited edition ones coming out soon for various retailers, and the rep editions, that is if it’s a loco, or if there is one at all. (I’ve not heard anything suggesting something is due).

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

And Bachmanns policy to only produce a limited Run of 502 model or what ever the number is a major problem in my opinion but anyway well know soon enough

Alan

If you go to the collectors' club page you will find 9 previous 00 and 5 N scale models still available.  That represents being in stock for over 2 years and over 1 year respectively.  This suggests that 502 models is enough, if not perhaps too many.  There will of course be models that sell out much quicker, so some of these (the 00 bus for example) from a commercial view must look like real lemons.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I’d bet on a 47 as they will be making some for ScotRail limited edition . It’s always a variation on something that’s in production. Might be a set of mineral wagons as from the latest inbound thread that’s the only thing listed!

The latest Bachmann email newsletter says the next model will be announced at Warley, I am guessing it will be N gauge and possibly a 40 given the 40 has just come out. My money is on D200 in 1980's green or 40145 in any of its main line guises.

• RMweb Gold

Can't see it being another 47, so soon after they did the one in the experimental rail blue livery.

Would be happy with a D200 or 40 106 in OO (and 'n' for those who have better eyesight than me)

I would absolutely love either (in OO), in 1983, I had a picture taken with me in the cab of D200 one evening as a kid, on an unofficial cab ride between Preston and Bolton. Three weeks ago my daughter sat in the same seat of 40106, at Ramsbottom, she is at the same age I was then. Was very happy to share that image with the family. Not much is different, no aws sunflower and 106’s control desk only has 5 dials (no air), unlike D200, but it’s got a new red leather arm wrest on the chair otherwise it looks the same, but much cleaner and a mini me in the chair.

D200 will be 60 in March 2018..and 30 years in Preservation in April 2018.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2