Dettingen GCR might have been layout

The valet with the luggage does seem to lean abit, the bogies still seem too shiny on the Thompson. I need to build the large diameter pipe to go across the back scene and the layout could do with a dust.

Photos can be so cruel.

If I live long enough I will attend to all in time.

Richard

Notice one with brakes, the other without. They were a fight to put on and once the side frame is on, they are vet difficult to see. So for expediency they were left off the second attempt. Speeded up making it from several days to just one.

• Like 1

This just arrived. It was a bargain, considering how much a full set normally goes for, and just because it needs a little repair.

post-23520-0-74207900-1509626913_thumb.jpg

post-23520-0-20810000-1509626928_thumb.jpg

The end sets are in good nick.

post-23520-0-65385100-1509626941_thumb.jpg

post-23520-0-69022000-1509626969_thumb.jpg

The centre triplet needs attention to the bogies, but bits were provided.

post-23520-0-87255400-1509626957_thumb.jpg

post-23520-0-08873300-1509626981_thumb.jpg

This is where Clive gets a huge thank you because all the extra bits on sprues from him have meant it is an easy task to swap the bogie with massively expanded holes and to change the bogie which has only one hole when it needs two for the extras from Clive. Oh the spares box, what did we all do before we had one?

I know I have done little for this, I know it is not GCR but it fits in my rule one master plan. Just want a corronation set, three Barnums and four gcr match board stock and I will have all the carriages I would ever want/ could use. Then I just have to build them.

Richard

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

This just arrived. It was a bargain, considering how much a full set normally goes for, and just because it needs a little repair.

attachicon.gifIMG_3596.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3597.JPG

The end sets are in good nick.

attachicon.gifIMG_3598.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3600.JPG

The centre triplet needs attention to the bogies, but bits were provided.

attachicon.gifIMG_3599.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3601.JPG

This is where Clive gets a huge thank you because all the extra bits on sprues from him have meant it is an easy task to swap the bogie with massively expanded holes and to change the bogie which has only one hole when it needs two for the extras from Clive. Oh the spares box, what did we all do before we had one?

I know I have done little for this, I know it is not GCR but it fits in my rule one master plan. Just want a corronation set, three Barnums and four gcr match board stock and I will have all the carriages I would ever want/ could use. Then I just have to build them.

Richard

Wot me Diesel Brake Tender bogies :O :o

So when do take all the valances off, add the emergency doors and repaint it that nice Midland crimson lake BR adopted?

Edited by Clive Mortimore

The spare parts, yes.

I have to say apart from the brakes at the end and kitchen in the middle I have to work out which order they go in.

It will never be going into maroon. For that era I have a nice suburban set and a four coach semi fast.

Thank you again your bits are very useful.

Richard

• Like 2

If you want some matchboard stock, the old Graham Farish OO mainline carriages are a tolerably close match once repainted.

I have seen the excellent work you have done on them. It is one avenue I will explore. I follow your thread on the other side as it is easier to track than the blog on here. I know there are kits out there for them, I just need to work out which I need to make up the 5 coach train. I am tempted to scratch build the Barnum, they are flat sided after all. Again though I know there are kits out there.

And then someone might produce them ready to run..........okay laughing over, let's look at the more likely options.

Richard

• Like 1

Paint on

post-23520-0-93549300-1509997301_thumb.jpg

It is an oil mix of black and burnt umber. It will take days to dry but gives a nice variation of colour, it drys flat in colour and looks slightly gunky so that they look like bogies picking up dirt. I will add some rust build up once dry.

Have also done the Thompson brake as it's bogies were too shiny in black.

Just got to work on something else until they dry.

Silver jubilee bogies perhaps.

Richard

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Paint on

attachicon.gifIMG_3676.JPG

It is an oil mix of black and burnt umber. It will take days to dry but gives a nice variation of colour, it drys flat in colour and looks slightly gunky so that they look like bogies picking up dirt. I will add some rust build up once dry.

Have also done the Thompson brake as it's bogies were too shiny in black.

Just got to work on something else until they dry.

Silver jubilee bogies perhaps.

Richard

Wow Richard

3 more sets of bogies for brake tenders  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono: