3D scanning Rapido's latest UK prototype...

rapidotrains

Looking back at the announcement in a previous newsletter and deciphering the clues from the Red Herrings, I'm starting to think the term "vehicles" again might be referring to a Unit (175?) or a coach or wagon. But quite what the connection to the APT-E is beyond me.

What else would the RTC have been working on at the same time as APT-E? Would it have been the PEP units? Class 313, 314, 315, 507, 508? Between the various classes they'll have been widespread but of all the AC/Dual electric units ... I wouldn't have guessed them as next in line to get produced in RTR

... I'm starting to think the term "vehicles" again might be referring to ... a coach or wagon. ...

Although how would that fit with the clue that it will be a "powered model"? Unless he means a model that takes power (like a coach with lights); or maybe a generator van of some sort?

This is all very confusing!

Paul

Dear fellow forum members.

I wonder if I can put out an O/T request for some help. I have recently had the misfortune to lose something and it's making me sad to miss it and I need some help in finding it again.

Yes, it's my will to live. It's packed its bags and gone.

Dear fellow forum members.

I wonder if I can put out an O/T request for some help. I have recently had the misfortune to lose something and it's making me sad to miss it and I need some help in finding it again.

Yes, it's my will to live. It's packed its bags and gone.

Try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34XNk9tCpE8&feature=youtu.be

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1UVvWiHqvE

I hope they help.

• 3 weeks later...

Might be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 ... but if Revolution Trains are looking into doing a Class 320 / 321 in N gauge with Rapido .. and one of the early pictures looked very much like a Class 321 at Birmingham New Street .... and Rapido have a new release to announce ... I'd have several!!

• RMweb Gold

Might be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 ... but if Revolution Trains are looking into doing a Class 320 / 321 in N gauge with Rapido .. and one of the early pictures looked very much like a Class 321 at Birmingham New Street .... and Rapido have a new release to announce ... I'd have several!!

Rapido said in the first post on this thread

"4. The prototype has been done before in plastic, but not in a very, very long time."

I think that would rule out the class 320/321?

Rapido said in the first post on this thread

"4. The prototype has been done before in plastic, but not in a very, very long time."

I think that would rule out the class 320/321?

...and Rapido have form for laying a trail of very red herrings. I wouldn't rule anything out.

• RMweb Gold

I can understand the thoughts regarding the 321 and am aware of the Bratchell kit but to my mind its quite recent (and still available?) rather than being introduced 'a very very long time ago'

Jason certainly hasn't lost his talent for creating a stir!

My guess would be a class 86, 87 or APT

Judging by the arcane and cryptic clues Rapido have been scattering around, they could have been straight out of "3-2-1" so a radio controlled Dusty Bin could be on the cards.

(For those who weren't even born in the 1980s, "3-2-1" was a TV quiz show produced by Yorkshire TV which had increasingly weird and obscure riddles which contestants had to guess to win prizes, one of which was a booby prize of a dustbin, represented on the show by a radio controlled character called "Dusty Bin".  The show seemed to go on for hours, was hosted by the characterless Ted Rodgers, and yet was popular.  Mind you we only had three TV channels when it started.)

Won't be long before they're repeated on "Paramount" ??

Current fare is "Bullseye" - the clothes, the hairstyles, the prizes, the people, terrible, just terrible !      :O

But look at what you could have won...............!

( Usually a Speedboat - given by the show to somebody from Leicester.........)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was interested to see in the RMWeb/MRE Mag wish-list poll that the prototype HST power car isn't mentioned for 00...

Dapol have announced it for N, but as far as I'm aware no-one has announced it for 00. I know it doesn't meet any of the "hints" we've had but then there are a lot of red herrings out there.

Will be interesting to see.

Luke

Archived