3D scanning Rapido's latest UK prototype...

rapidotrains

Agreed with Paul above. Let's not get confused with Rapido's general release, which was scanned in January and their release through Locomotion which is taking place on the 8th April............

With regards to this thread, I'm still hoping for a 156......... :declare:

cheers

Andy

I think the prototype hst maybe viable if they offered it as one power car with the option to buy a second as with the third APT coach. Not everyone is daft enough to want to run a full rake (and by daft I mean me!! Well I'm only fulfilling a childhood dream got my 254 8 car set complete last week). Personally I would get some mk3s sprayed up but that's up to the individual.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

When shall the next tease be hinted? Only four months until November now...

Perhaps another blacked silhouette of a train you are or are not doing? Perhaps which might or might not be a Class 170 underneath.

I remember how Bachmann's black silhouette of a Class 150 turned into the S Stock!

Have they even said what the last tease picture is of yet?

Just this, which looks different from the silhouette of a Class 170 in the press earlier in the year.

We really are overdue a good tease!

mystery.png

Do we at least know what station it is

It looks like Chester Railway Station, Platform 3b. You can just about make out one of the towers to the left of the main building and the flag poles over the entrance and on the towers to the right. If this were the case the blacked out train should be a class 175. However, the model to be scanned could be anything given what a tease our canadien friends are.

It looks like Chester Railway Station, Platform 3b. You can just about make out one of the towers to the left of the main building and the flag poles over the entrance and on the towers to the right. If this were the case the blacked out train should be a class 175. However, the model to be scanned could be anything given what a tease our canadien friends are.

I don't think a 175 suits for two reasons, firstly, the air vents in the silhouette suit a 2/3 door arrangement over a end door like the 175 and, secondly, Rapido said the model they are creating has already been a model in the UK market....

Here is a photo of a 175 at Chester, looks similar, but hmm. I could be wrong...but - please Rapido a new clue!! :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/yogzfots/8667165198/sizes/o/

• RMweb Premium

Forget the picture.

Complete smoke-screen - just like the Bachmann announcement that ended up as S-Stock (or 950001 if some pictures were to be believed......)

:O

Cheers,

Mick

I don't think a 175 suits for two reasons, firstly, the air vents in the silhouette suit a 2/3 door arrangement over a end door like the 175 and, secondly, Rapido said the model they are creating has already been a model in the UK market....

Here is a photo of a 175 at Chester, looks similar, but hmm. I could be wrong...but - please Rapido a new clue!! :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/yogzfots/8667165198/sizes/o/

Thanks for providing a photo of a 175 at chester, that confirms the location of the shot. The vents above the doors look spot on compared to the Rapido silhouette, and there is even the raised panel above the second window on the leading car. To me it looks like a perfect match.

As we suspect here is little chance that the scanned train is going to bear any resemblence to the silhouetted one in the photo so don't expect a 175 soon in OO! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Given the lack of further clues I reread the OP.

If you ignore the photo, nowhere does it actually refer to the model actually being a train, unless I've missed it. It makes lots of train related hints but refers only to the latest OO scale model.  

So I'm going with canal boat.

Archived