Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

• RMweb Gold

A few more of Norman's images of the well tank.

post-14122-0-31628800-1493841754_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-31706500-1493841794_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-44596600-1493841839_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Nice photos of the Well Tank, but why does it look in a couple of the photos like it's sitting on its haunches?

I know what you mean Andrew but I think it's the angle in some of the photos. The real one's seemed to 'squat'in some photos.

Looking at the original Dapol photos it looked the same. Runs fine. In fact it's one of the smoothest locos I have and slow speed is superb.

Rob.

post-14122-0-10890500-1493918646.jpg

post-14122-0-77943300-1493918671.jpg

post-14122-0-21329800-1493918783.jpg

post-14122-0-00457000-1493918830.jpg

post-14122-0-00971300-1493919160_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Really not a great deal to report as of present. Spare time is at a premium in Sheep Towers with work making more and more demands and this is going to get worse as the month progresses.

I have most things in place to make a start on Mutton but I'm loath to start something without enough time to do a proper job.

Come the first week of June this should have resolved itself but until then posting will be a bit sporadic I'm afraid.

Norman will most likely pop into Sheep Lane and no doubt post a little something.

Stay tuned.

Rob

• Like 1

Morning all.

Really not a great deal to report as of present. Spare time is at a premium in Sheep Towers with work making more and more demands and this is going to get worse as the month progresses.

I have most things in place to make a start on Mutton but I'm loath to start something without enough time to do a proper job.

Come the first week of June this should have resolved itself but until then posting will be a bit sporadic I'm afraid.

Norman will most likely pop into Sheep Lane and no doubt post a little something.

Stay tuned.

Rob

Know how it feels I'm in a similar situation at the moment.

It is after all a hobby so real life has a tendency to get in the way.

Martyn

Edited by mullie

• RMweb Premium

I think it might be an optical illusion caused by the slope of the rear brake rod which breaks up the horizontal lines

And also the front buffer beam is higher than the rear. This doesn't help with it looking like its  sitting level.

• RMweb Premium

I fully understand where you're coming from. There was a phase a few years back where I was exhibiting at shows and involved in building a big layout to a stupidly short timescale. Loading this on to being silly busy at work and having a young family just ended up being too much. I forgot the hobby is supposed to be a fun pastime to help relaxation. The hobby became another source of stress, wasn't good at all.

I've now withdrawn from doing all but the occasional show and, other than the occasional bit of scenic/building modelling for friends, only have my own long term project to work on. That's gets worked on only when work, home, mood allow. Far happier with this approach, although I do miss seeing folk at shows.

• RMweb Gold

Plus SWMBO apparently requires some conversation, occasionally.

Good Lord! Dash it all old fellow, what is the world coming too?

Why, the last time I had a "conversation" with the Mem, was at Dungapur in '08, I distinctly remember it!

"Duck" I cried, and she responded "No dear, venison".

post-17302-0-58943100-1494418516.jpg

Yours,

Colonel AP Tempus-Fugit (Ret.)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I'm just in the post-Taunton-inactive phase - happens every year.

Tell her all about Taunton then.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Tell her all about Taunton then.

He has much to boast about. Stu and a handful of others took on the CK mantle and made a great success of it. No doubt CK gave all the advice he could,of course, but all the same. Kudos to Stu and the team.

Modelling burnout does happen. Even some of us retired and tired old buffers get a lot less done than we had hoped.

• RMweb Gold

Occasionally?!

[Monty Python 'shoe box in middle of t'road' mode]

You were lucky!

[\Monty Python 'shoe box in middle of t'road' mode]

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 1

[Monty Python 'shoe box in middle of t'road' mode]

You were lucky ?????

Strangely I seem to talk more to my ex- SWMBO now than I did before  :jester:

Larry LivingtheLifeof

Shame on you all! Conversations with SWMBO who wears the trousers? I know I do........as long as I am informed of the colour required......definitely no jeans regardless of colour only beatnicks wear them apparently.

All the best Steve

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good Lord! Dash it all old fellow, what is the world coming too?

Why, the last time I had a "conversation" with the Mem, was at Dungapur in '08, I distinctly remember it!

"Duck" I cried, and she responded "No dear, venison".

attachicon.gifRaj_Blimp.jpg

Yours,

Colonel AP Tempus-Fugit (Ret.)

I really think that you should try to enjoy more activities as a couple. My grandfather took this snapshot to show how important it was to maintain a steady hand and stiff upper lip at all times, in front of the lower ranks and the locals.

post-14351-0-28034600-1494743366_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 4