NHY 581

Is it because my hand is big or my T9's are far away?
Them bits is tiny!

Tiny they maybe but the result when the originals went was huge! I've had to do three T9s so far out of five and I expect to do the rest. I hope you ordered the rear mounting plate as well as in all of mine the rear plate crumbled to dust in my hands. As Hornby are now into me for serious money in T9 repairs I make a point of giving them their broken bits back in a plastic bag when I see them at shows along with a reminder how much Peter's replacements cost.

CAT

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Rugely does not contain enough Whippets so it is not 'oop North' dear heart. The Power Station does not count (if there is still one there?)

You should not need a flat cap but a bobble hat may be compulsory. 

Oh yes, don't go via Hereford as it will take you as long to negotiate that nice City as it will do for the rest of the journey.

Ar$£

• RMweb Gold

Which locates you fairly precisely; Penzance area.  Not far from you this weekend, a jolly concerned with one of my non-railway lives taking a group of us to Treyarnon on the north coast.  From my perspective, 'oop north' starts at Crewe, but gogland (North Wales) starts at Machynlleth.  Wales would be bigger than England if it was ironed out flat...

• RMweb Premium

The Lizard is down south, Lands End down west.

Everywhere else is oop north.

Apart from Oz.

Lizard or 'The' Lizard ? ;)

I drove into the 'square' (it's more of a triangle but hey) in St Just the wrong way once and infuriated the village for nearly a year... I bet some of them still want me dead.

#PastyTalk

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Gold

Not to mention the "I've got broken ribs,dear, so can hardly move to help around the house & garden, but I am off to a model railway show to stand all day and wander round" situation...

Unfortunately he has failed the fitness test for appearing at the Stafford show this coming weekend.

• RMweb Gold

I have ordered a flat cap so as to fit in......oop north......thar nose.

Edited by nhy581

• RMweb Premium

There seems to be some awful geographical assumptions being made here, about what is North and South.  South, when heading downhill, surely starts at Middlesbrough.  Since moving to Fraggle Rock, South for us now begins at Laxey.  We sometimes go all the way (32 miles) to Port Erin - but its a big day out.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

There seems to be some awful geographical assumptions being made here, about what is North and South.  South, when heading downhill, surely starts at Middlesbrough.  Since moving to Fraggle Rock, South for us now begins at Laxey.  We sometimes go all the way (32 miles) to Port Erin - but its a big day out.

Having grown up in London and become familiar with signs such as "Hatfield and the North" (also the name of a rather good pub band incidentally), when we moved to Scotland it took a long time to get used to signs pointing to "Penrith and the South".

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Many moons ago when I was at university, I ended up flat sharing with a diverse bunch if folk from all over the UK.

The north/south argument cropped up many times, generally whilst studying hard in a pub.

The conclusion we eventually came to was based on chip shops. More specifically whether or not you could get curry sauce, gravy or both.

Curry sauce denoted you were in the south, gravy in the north and both in the Midlands.

25yrs on it doesn't work as well as more and more chippies now so curry sauce and few do gravy.

The Grim Industrial North. Taken as read.

https://flic.kr/p/Hp9gyi

Surely the important fact is East is East and West is West. Bob Hope said it, Roy Rodgers along with Jane Russell and those bl**dy Thompson Twins did the same. Rudyard Kipling (Does he still make Bakewell Tarts?) even wrote a poem about it.

Talk about stating the obvious!

Just waiting for someone to come along and say, "It's dependant on what part of the great circle you're standing on".

Was Beckton Gas works N, S, E or W?

post-20303-0-29516200-1517665224_thumb.jpg

"NO ! We don't want any of your Southern ways up here, so take your Cafe culture back to where it belongs !. We'll stick to chip butties ta "

L.Owry

• Like 3