NHY 581

I was going to suggest a railbus earlier, but I can see you've already thought of it.

This sounds like quite an adventure, a lot more traction variety whilst retaining all that bucolic feeling of a sleepy sheepy microcosm of a country backwater.

Looking forward to it.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

Yes, the East Anglian diesel thing is still some way 'orf I'm afraid. No space.....well, some space but not so as to do that much in it. 

No.The next job WILL be in the now usual footprint of 4ft x 16ins or 120cm x 40cm in new money. 

Mid-Suffolk ( Flockfield ) or Coastal Kent ( Lambsdown). I'll only decide which, once I can lay everything out on the dining table, buildings, stock etc for the respective projects. 

I will apply the following principles when deciding..........

Planning and positivity

Evaluate...........the options.

Negotiate.........any obstacles. 

Improvise.........where necessary to obtain a..

Successful conclusion. 

Rob

"Dr Finlay, it's gruesome!"

"Aye, Janet, an' if ye stroke it, it'll grew some more."

• Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

"Dr Finlay, it's gruesome!"

"Aye, Janet, an' if ye stroke it, it'll grew some more."

"Eh, Dr Finlay, I'm afeared I have heartburn." 

"No, Janet, 'tis only your t*t dangling in the porage!"

• Funny 13

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

Well, spinning plates is the order of the day today......well, week actually. 

Flu jab first thing then the small matter of erecting seven fence posts before I can drop back onto the lighting rig later today.
Things were tidied up yesterday and tubes, wiring etc removed.  Yesterday evening,  the mounting card was glued onto the interior face and books left on top to weight things down. So that's the dining table written off for the day at least. 

If I can trim things back and replace the tubes by tomorrow evening then I'll be happy. 

Next job will be bring the layout down before doing the alterations to the ends to hold it all together. Massive bonus if that can be achieved by Tuesday evening as things need to be sorted in order to load the layout into the car on Thursday. And it needs cleaning and checking before that can happen not forgetting the fence building and work in between............busy time indeed. 

Oh........there's also a few potentially cracking games of rugby to try and dip into as well.........

Can I do it all ? 

Rob. 

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 6

On 13/10/2023 at 08:38, NHY 581 said:

The next job WILL be in the now usual footprint of 4ft x 16ins or 120cm x 40cm in new money. 

How about 2 x (4ft x 16ins) that can be worked on/ stored at home and joined at exhibitions . . . .🤔

On the subject of the Mid Suffolk Railway (which we werent) and DLIs literary teasings, can I move very slightly north in a couple of cases and chuck these literararary gems at you The unfinished lines is especially interesting viz a viz the Middy and its intended empire. Boy , did they have big ideas! I've pinched a potential 'might have been' layout from it!!  Might be of interest to you for 'future reference'...........

You're welcome

Disgusting of Market Harborough

393152384_1034452921205199_6466095113441201556_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

On the subject of the Mid Suffolk Railway (which we werent) and DLIs literary teasings, can I move very slightly north in a couple of cases and chuck these literararary gems at you The unfinished lines is especially interesting viz a viz the Middy and its intended empire. Boy , did they have big ideas! I've pinched a potential 'might have been' layout from it!!  Might be of interest to you for 'future reference'...........

You're welcome

Disgusting of Market Harborough

393152384_1034452921205199_6466095113441201556_n.jpg

I can see what you're doing here. Naughty Bungo. 

The Wissington Railway intrigues me, if only for the sheer junglesque unkemptness of it all at times. 

Pretty certain they tried a J70 or two on on it but they kept falling over so they weren't deemed to be a success. 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Was it just me looking for a fence on the layout? Oh, then I remembered the real fence in the real garden. Carry on.

Do keep up at the back, Spams Minor.....

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4