• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Tiny layouts!

Ahem...

Micro layouts...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Can ewe put the layouts on top to operate?

Morning Paul, 

Yes. In theory two though it will be snug. I envisage Sheep Dip will be to the rear and the new layout will run right to left. 

They'll be at a height around that which they are normally exhibited at, maybe a bit higher. 

Another set of shelves will be behind where I took the photo from and that will have EWE on it. They will be lower. 

A larger Desk of Doing will be to the right, Winners, hanging from the shelves and will sit in front of the out of shot window. 

It will be cosy but believe it or not I actually have more free space and definately more storage space..........until the arrival of the 'stuff' that is....then we'll see about that ! 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Progress...........

20231107_203157.jpg.3ff4a576b1a3dca43bc9e47c4a8b08f9.jpg

I thank ewe. 

Always a pity with these that you effectively lose a column of storage in the corner. Could you modify to miss out the internal vertical that blocks in the corner?

I think you should use the 4 hidden cubes as a time capsule. Something to find in a few years the next time you have a move around. 

I would put any misbehaving cats and all panniers in there for starters.

• Like 2
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

This looks excellent, but I'm a bit lost without a sense of scale...

How big are these boxes? Would a complete sheep fit in one? Or is each box just a couple of centimetres across?

If each box is no bigger than a Bachmann pannier, I for one am concerned that Rob's future pannier collection may not fit.... And each cubicle should have a curtain, for modesty purposes....

And (although it pains me to say it), Spams makes a good point about the corner, but my question is this - what will stop naughty cats from getting inside the corner area? Will there be a cat flap in one of the bottom cubicles or is there a hidden helter-skelter slide that leads to a chamber on the ground floor?

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

And (although it pains me to say it), Spams makes a good point about the corner, but my question is this - what will stop naughty cats from getting inside the corner area? Will there be a cat flap in one of the bottom cubicles or is there a hidden helter-skelter slide that leads to a chamber on the ground floor?

Oh, I do hope so, 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

what will stop naughty cats from getting inside the corner area?

They'll only do it once. 😈

They might pong after a while though*....😂

*Edit, that is, even more than they make a house pong anyway..... 🙄😝

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

If those are the units I think they are, they have little two-drawer inserts for them, too. Very handy to put tools away neatly inside, especially if dividers are fashioned out of foamboard (so that there is a place for everything, and everything in its place).

Don’t for one moment think this is my own idea - I have an extremely organised friend who has stored various items in those type of drawers and very cleverly created different sized (and labelled) receptacles so that everything is easily stored and retrieved. I can but dream of being so organised myself!

Steve S

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Holy accumulated crap !!!...............

I'm helping a friend tidy a shed out, found some very odd things. 1980s golf trolleys, a digital map distance finder, a ship's bell sans clapper and a 1950s tilley lamp, still in the packaging amongst others.

Absolutely zero lost Rembrandts, Talbot -Lago cars, Brough Superior motorbikes or WWI broom handle Mauser pistols.

Not even any curly Triang coaches or rusty Super 4 track...

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Progress...........

I thank ewe. 

Make sure you put a cover over the cavity in the corner before one of the cats gets trapped.

Don't ask how I know this.

(posted before reading the good Captain's similar comment)

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, St Enodoc said:

Make sure you put a cover over the cavity in the corner before one of the cats gets trapped.

Don't ask how I know this.

Alternatively you could put a spring and then have hours of 'fun' watching the gat boing up and down.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

I'm helping a friend tidy a shed out, found some very odd things. 1980s golf trolleys, a digital map distance finder, a ship's bell sans clapper and a 1950s tilley lamp, still in the packaging amongst others.

Absolutely zero lost Rembrandts, Talbot -Lago cars, Brough Superior motorbikes or WWI broom handle Mauser pistols.

Not even any curly Triang coaches or rusty Super 4 track...

I assume you know the story about the chap who found a Rembrandt and a Stradivarius in his attic.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Do I assume from that comment, that one has more sh1te,  than one thought one had?

Correct. 

• Funny 3