• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, calvin Streeting said:

thats exactualy what i thought :) sooo full of atmosphere 

With what are probably earth closets, there will certainly be lots of "atmosphere".

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Are Black Motors like starfish, then?

No.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

May I comment, Esteemed Duke of All Sheep, that the hue of the weathering on the locomotives in the Honourable Nevard's photographs appears to have taken on a slightly more greyish tone than that observed in real life and, indeed, as previously noted in the images of the most excellent Norman?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

May I comment, Esteemed Duke of All Sheep, that the hue of the weathering on the locomotives in the Honourable Nevard's photographs appears to have taken on a slightly more greyish tone than that observed in real life and, indeed, as previously noted in the images of the most excellent Norman?

Bonjour. 

I try to end up with a warmer look to it all. Mr N's photos have a particular look and feel to them. I'm very happy with how the article looks (Words less so but I digress). I would be very interested in how such an article would look should Norman' s photos be utilised. 

Rob. 

20181125_151710.jpg.48f4ce3ecaaa9949496c4c04c8611e86-01.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

I try to end up with a warmer look to it all. Mr N's photos have a particular look and feel to them. I'm very happy with how the article looks (Words less so but I digress). I would be very interested in how such an article would look should Norman' s photos be utilised. 

You are most cordially esteemed. Although I am not a photographer, I think that the conceptually reductive quality of the aesthetic spatial relationships between the differing tones of the subjective could risk endangering the devious yet wholesome simplicity of the accessibility of the work.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 22/03/2019 at 01:13, south_tyne said:

It's a 'netty' in these here parts....... 

When my late FiL first visited our house he tried the loo and pronounced “The netty snecks!” He was born in Pegswood, and his father was clerk to Ashington Colliery. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Mr N's photos have a particular look and feel to them.

To my eyes, Mr N's photographs alway appear over sharpened with oversaturated and false looking sky's that seem exaggerate the inevitable and necessary modelling compromises. Nowt wrong with developing a particular/personal  photographic style but this particular style always  looks "sameish" and immediately recognisable. Lest said about artificial horizons the better.

I much prefer Mr Lockharts renditions.

P

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

To my eyes, Mr N's photographs alway appear over sharpened with oversaturated and false looking sky's that seem exaggerate the inevitable and necessary modelling compromises. Nowt wrong with developing a particular/personal  photographic style but this particular style always  looks "sameish" and immediately recognisable. Lest said about artificial horizons the better.

I much prefer Mr Lockharts renditions.

P

You've put into words what I could not quite articulate. Chris Nevard's work, while highly accomplished technically, always seems to give an impression of what I might call "enhanced reality" in much the same way that George Heiron's paintings, that used to adorn the covers of MRN, did.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

When my late FiL first visited our house he tried the loo and pronounced “The netty snecks!” He was born in Pegswood, and his father was clerk to Ashington Colliery. 

Nowt like getting up in the middle of the night only to accidentally step in the already full chamber pot then spill the full contents out over the floorboards trying to free your by now, well lubricated foot.

Not only did the residents of this street have to step outside in the early hours to relieve themselves, they also had to cross a muddy back lane, probably encountering a group of miners strutting off to start foreshift into the bargain. "Morning Missus. Few to many Broon Ales doon thee neck last neet then?".

Broomhill Colliery, Northumberland on 29th May 1962

At least the current residents are now spared that little expedition but on the down side they have to look at architectural "pebbledash" every day. 

https://goo.gl/maps/RvPoTnj2LDy

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 21/03/2019 at 15:15, Captain Kernow said:

I think the Taunton Committee should offer a free pasty to the first person to model their setts with vegetation growing between them!

Like this CK?

Setts.jpg.93e758656756f82b5c559569aee159d3.jpg

My name is Alex and I claim my free pasty.

• Like 4
  • Funny 2