• RMweb Gold

Either Norman is on acid or his darkroom is very advanced for the time!

Personally, I think this sort of thing can easily be overdone, but this is farily subtle. The low shot of the coach is a winner.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

He's having fun.........very much in the John Wiltshire school..leave him be..

index-13-01-04.jpeg

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

We start the day with an edited view of one of Norman s favourite images taken at Sheep Lane.  

Highbridge 3F, 43474, pauses whilst worrying a few wagons in the yard to allow Driver Tommy Cooper and Fireman Eric Sykes to avail themselves of a cup of tea with Guard Jimmy Edwards and John Junkin,  yard foreman. 

You can almost hear the buzzing of the insects, the rustle of the grass and smell the warm oil and smoke.......not to mention the unmistakable waft of bacon and eggs drifting from the yard hut.

Sheep Lane, July 1959. 

Rob. 

index-5-02-02-01.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold

Off to Mutton and the original Bleat Wharf now. .....

A couple of tweaked versions of old views. 

Rob. 

index-21-01-01.jpeg

index-33-01-02.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

1 hour ago, westerner said:

This may be sacrilegious, but I prefer your photos Rob than Chris Nevard's, it's something to do with the colours, his are far too strong. I much prefer your slightly muted approach.

Seconded.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

We start the day with an edited view of one of Norman s favourite images taken at Sheep Lane.  

Highbridge 3F, 43474, pauses whilst worrying a few wagons in the yard to allow Driver Tommy Cooper and Fireman Eric Sykes to avail themselves of a cup of tea with Guard Jimmy Edwards and John Junkie,  yard foreman. 

You can almost hear the buzzing of the insects, the rustle of the grass and smell the warm oil and smoke.......not to mention the unmistakable waft of bacon and eggs drifting from the yard hut.

Sheep Lane, July 1959. 

Rob. 

index-5-02-02-01.jpeg

Rob - that is an absolutely stunning photograph. Honestly I am almost lost for words. I am not exaggerating when I say the colouring, weathering and composition is about the best I have ever seen in model railway photograph. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, westerner said:

This may be sacrilegious, but I prefer your photos Rob than Chris Nevard's, it's something to do with the colours, his are far too strong. I much prefer your slightly muted approach.

Horses for courses. CN takes pics for magazine publication, where punchy vivid colour photos are required to leap off the page. Subtle does not sell. 

• Informative/Useful 2

9 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Horses for courses. CN takes pics for magazine publication, where punchy vivid colour photos are required to leap off the page. Subtle does not sell. 

I entirely agree but I couldn't see any horses :D

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

I'm afraid thus punchy photos in Model Rail and to a lesser extent Hornby mag is why I DON'T buy them any more. So for me it has the opposite affect. I like to see layouts as I would see them in the flesh, not as a multi-focused no shadow image.

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Have you decided which Terrier tank you are going to get, Rob?

Evening CK. 

Yes. I have. It will have to be the Rails jobbie. One of the BR black ones........not in a rush though......unless they bring out the LSWR liveried examples...I would rush for those.

I continue to tweak images and thank you all for you very kind comments. 

Here is one showing Mutton on a slightly storm coming type of day...

Rob. 

20190325_204949-01.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

A visit to the Bachmann part of the forum brought forth an update on a loco that's eagerly awaited in these here parts. 

Here are some images courtesy of Bachmann/Phil Parker of what appears to be a lovely model in the making. 

A 1P is essential and I can see a couple gracing Bleat Wharf and Sheep Lane.............not to mention Burnlamb on Sea............

Rob. 

31-742.Class1532(1P)_EP_01.jpg.1e60b9b063cdae0c41a4547ad2adcf30.jpg

31-741.Class1532(1P)_EP_02.jpg.7d09a57ae5cf324fcded1112dc9ee960.jpg

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Evening all..

We have a trip back to Sheep Lane....an edited version of an earlier Norman Lockhart  photo. 

Rob. 

index-26-03.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
Smelling mistakes
  • Like 17
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. 

A couple more of Norman s images tweaked. 

Rob. 

20190328_061947.png

20190328_061924.png

20190328_061847.png

index-6-04.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
Image added.
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Have you seen Shell Island's backscene? There are some very low hills just showing above the 'horizon' which set the layout off really well.

Just a thought.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice thought Stubbers but I'm not adding anything in. I'm just enhancing what was already in the image. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 1