5 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening Brian. 

1197 is, to the best of my knowledge the GEM kit. I have also managed to source an example of Lady Margaret and another unmade GEM body kit. This should allow a decent homage to something Tanat valley Lt Rly /  Mawddy Railway in a  weedyesque stylee. 

Before doing that though.....

Dropping Memsahib R into the centre of the metropolis tomorrow lunchtime; will continue along Penarth Road and call in for an update.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, br2975 said:

Dropping Memsahib R into the centre of the metropolis tomorrow lunchtime; will continue along Penarth Road and call in for an update.

I shall get the kettle on. 

• RMweb Premium

The timing of this is perfect! Mick's work is on another level as the images show.

I'm just about to purchase my first 0 gauge loco. An 87xx Pannier with sound from Minerva. And I've recently been studying anything and everything about weathering locos. And watching Mick's video has given me all the info and answers all the questions. I've never been afraid to wipe off and start again when oil painting and this is no different.

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Gedward said:

The timing of this is perfect! Mick's work is on another level as the images show.

I'm just about to purchase my first 0 gauge loco. An 87xx Pannier with sound from Minerva. And I've recently been studying anything and everything about weathering locos. And watching Mick's video has given me all the info and answers all the questions. I've never been afraid to wipe off and start again when oil painting and this is no different.

George, et al. 

Look no further. Lots of links and if you scroll down you will see Mick blog on Rmweb. 

https://www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk/index.php/mick-bonwicks-weathering-masterclass/

Rob.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, 

Well, the locos destined to travel to Minehead have been cleaned and checked this afternoon. Four locos will be heading West. A 4F, 3F , Grahame's Pannier and a Jinty..

Stock has also been checked and all are packed ready to go. 

The trophy won by Mutton in 2019 has been engraved to that effect and polished accordingly as well. 

I need to replace a LED light that's gone. ( the first one to fail since I started using them in 2016)  Not too shabby as it's one of Herr Lidl's finest and has been in place since 2018. 

Clean track and then hoover the layout. 

Check Sheep One over and we're good to go. 

Rob.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning Chris, 

It's a nice, friendly show in a lovely part of the country. 

I'm as much looking forward to the drive down as to the show itself ! 

That said, it seems like there's a pretty good line up there, including demos by Gordon and Maggie Gravett. 

Rob. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

In addition, Bleat Wharf is also off to Taunton in October. 

http://railextaunton.uk/layouts.htm

Rob. 

I hope you've notified Sheep One insurers about all this extra mileage your clocking up on her.

Poor thing she'll be absolutely knackered by the end of the year. You may make certain she's got some lovely lush green grass to nibble on.

A concerned follower.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Bonjour Winners, 

Sheep 1 is a bit long in the tooth, truth be told. 

Rest assured, I shall be giving her a nice oil change/ new spark plugs on our return as well as a new exhaust as she is sounding as if she's developing a bit of a 'sore throat' ( much to the amusement of NHY minor who refered to me as an 'old boy racer' when we went to Larkrail )  

On a positive, I've now honed the loading of Bleat Wharf and reduced the amount of crap............sorry, vital equipment, required to operate Bleat when away from home. 

This no longer requires the removal of all seats other than the driver's seat to load said cra........vital equipment ( Taunton RailEx 2019 ) 

Rob. 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

42 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Bonjour Winners, 

Sheep 1 is a bit long in the tooth, truth be told. 

Rest assured, I shall be giving her a nice oil change/ new spark plugs on our return as well as a new exhaust as she is sounding as if she's developing a bit of a 'sore throat' ( much to the amusement of NHY minor who refered to me as an 'old boy racer' when we went to Larkrail )  

On a positive, I've now honed the loading of Bleat Wharf and reduced the amount of crap............sorry, vital equipment, required to operate Bleat when away from home. 

This no longer requires the removal of all seats other than the driver's seat to load said cra........vital equipment ( Taunton RailEx 2019 ) 

Rob. 

Nice to hear that oh Sheapish One. Don't want to have to report you to the RSA for cruelty.

Removable seats. Hmm hadn't tried that with Maisy Victoria although I don't think she would like it but it'll certainly help when bringing the bacon home.

Off to walk DD and see what things have happened in BBW that's the Big Bad World by the way.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Having sold the house to move to the IOW I shall miss the show and the Taunton one even more I shall miss a lot of friends. Hope you have a good show Rob.

Don

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

14 minutes ago, Donw said:

Having sold the house to move to the IOW I shall miss the show and the Taunton one even more I shall miss a lot of friends. Hope you have a good show Rob.

Don

So that's why they let me in I guess. One in one out sort of thing.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Donw said:

Don

Thanks Don. It sounds like a good move though. 

Enjoy the show. Whilst I'm not going to that show I am going to my first exhibition since February 2020 on Sunday. It's been a looooong time coming.

Hoping for a good one. And  a supply of sausage sandwiches . . . . .

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

‘Twas a grand day out, so it was.

Rob’s photos are great and DO, do it justice but… seeing it up close shows just how well the colours and textures blend together. To make such a realistic and harmonious masterpiece in such a small space. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Are we talking about Rob or his excellent piece of muddling?

I'm asking on behalf of a friend you see as they've never seen a sheep like Rob before.

Glad to hear that a good time was had by you both.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

My thanks to Chris (Gilbert of the parish) and his team of Bill and Tim V for their help with my erection...

Surely I'm not the only one who raised an eyebrow on reading this?  🥸

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2