• RMweb Gold

No surprise to me, although I didn't see the rest, obviously. Your style of layout, developing layout by layout, and chosen form of presentation, clearly touches a chord with a lot of modellers. Perhaps your outgoing personality - quite different from some of us in the hobby - adds a little extra something, too! Well done! 

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Sheep Dip is particularly well done and more interesting because of the different views. A bit like a well designed small garden where you cannot see everything at once.

Well done

cheers

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking was what CK and CTMK doing in Essex for a model railway exhibition

I've now learnt Nailsea is in Somerset, even more embarassing when I know I will have passed Motorway signs or station signs bearing it's name on many occasions whilst popping to Weston.

Really must do better...😁

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I was thinking was what CK and CTMK doing in Essex for a model railway exhibition

If we ever do venture so far out of our Authorised Zone of Activity, I'll be sure to make sure we present ourselves at a convenient Essex Police Station for arrest and deportation purposes...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

Fairly frantic at Chateau Sheep yesterday. The Room of Doom was reorganised with the need to provide a better, more accessible site for Project W to be progressed from. 

Still a bit to play with but pretty much all done so, hopefully, I can now make a proper start on a layout which has it's first public outing in a smidge over 18 weeks. 

Rob

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Oh, and in the interim, Ewe is off to the seaside. 

20240326_082209-01.jpeg.61ef60d89e8c8d5d99c2f6dd25242594.jpeg

@exmoordave and the team @Exmoor Coast Railway Modellers really do put on a lovely day and as the above flyer flyer says, it's a friendly show and well worth the trip. Hopefully I won't drop my flake in my wool this year..........

Note the earlier date as well, avoiding a clash with Railwells which itself had to change this year. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 14
  • Round of applause 1

7 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

hopefully, I can now make a proper start on a layout which has it's first public outing in a smidge over 18 weeks. 

You can do as per the tradition at the old all-American TVNAM shows in Armitage, Staffs, where the "Do not touch" signs were not because the models were delicate or expensive, but usually because paint & glue on certain layouts was still drying..... 😱 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

If we ever do venture so far out of our Authorised Zone of Activity, I'll be sure to make sure we present ourselves at a convenient Essex Police Station for arrest and deportation purposes...

Are you just trying to save the fare home?

Don

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

Reminds me of the funny looks my friend and I got at the Workington exhibition in Cumbria.

Mostly I think because we were over five feet tall and our van was taxed...

• Like 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

"Do not touch" signs were not because the models were delicate or expensive, but usually because paint & glue on certain layouts bits was still drying..... 😱 🤣🤣🤣

That sounds like the sort of visitors we get in Torbay in the summer

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

On the bits of the South Downs where they couldn't be bothered to lay tracks over or through the chalk we have to make do with Coasters. The latest versions seem to have caught on to the love of sheep - so devotedly portrayed in this thread. Very comfy buses these are too.

The latest Coaster boaster 23 3 2024.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

11 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Yes but not on a bridge so you can stand down the Stuka squadron

Phew, that's a relief.

Easter is rapidly approaching and we are expected to observe the bank holiday traditions.

We're riding over to Morecambe to chuck a few scooters off the pier...

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 5

I found an old Milton Jones one-liners video on YouTube yesterday, he told a joke that made me think of this thread....

"I saw a sheep pole dancing today. It was in a Kebab Shop"...... 🤣🤣🤣

fighting0085.gif.d0809cf5adf8b7c0edebad2b7ea4b9fc.gif.      Coat, hat, etc....   scared0018.gif.5e8e4f212f3064ada6ae2186d8a32b2e.gif

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Good morning folks,

Did someone mention Stuka? :)

Other options are available on request.

Looking forward to seeing Project W Rob when it breaks cover and catching up with you at the MAG event in September.

No progress on 'TNYQ' other lots of testing/playing and looking at structure options.

Cheers,

Nigel.

Stuka 3.jpeg

• Like 7