RMWeb Members Day, Taunton 2015 - serious menu choices!

Captain Kernow

Pasty or Pie; pie or pasty?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Pasty or Pie; pie or pasty?

• I intend coming to Taunton and I'd go for the traditional pasty.
    • I intend coming to Taunton but I'd opt for the innovative pie proposal.
    • I intend coming to Taunton and can foresee I will be hungry enough to go for both.
    • I intend coming to Taunton but all the above are too meaty so I'd like a delicate cheese & onion pasty please.

• RMweb Gold

Dribblin' already ! Early breakfast, snack on the train, chocolate bar or three and take out coffee on the walk from the station hmmmm that should build up my appetite before I dine at the hall !

A most well-thought out day of culinary activities.

Should the mood take you, there will also be some items of model railway interest at the venue... :P

A most well-thought out day of culinary activities.

Should the mood take you, there will also be some items of model railway interest at the venue... :P

Oh! And I forgot the packet of biscuits I'll be nibbling on as I feast upon the exhibits throughout the day ! :)

• RMweb Gold

I've just voted for being hungry enough for both. What with this thread and just putting a beef stew in the slow cooker for later tonight, I'm off to find something to chew on.

• RMweb Gold

Ah, but the poll does not allow voting for my wife. If you wish to discuss on the day with her why she is hungary, be it on your own head CK. I shall be hiding in the other room!!!!

A most commodious point, my fine fellow. I shall give this some due consideration and much deep thought, before recommending that you sign her up to RMWeb as well!  ;)

• RMweb Gold

I am not sure Andy Y would be too happy with lots of posts relating to horses, knitting and all sorts of other crafts!  I will report on her activities w.r.t improving the back scene on Kelly Bray.

But think what she could bring to an MRJ discussion thread Paul  (and comments about RMweb in the printed media  :mail: ).

• RMweb Gold

Any chance of ordering a Cheese and Onion pasty?   I could put in a poll entry for Mrs PD&SWJR if it would help with your counting but will wait and see if Andy is going to add a Cheese and Onion option. This could become like the Political debates fiasco continually addin new options till CK disappears in a mound of pasties and other tasty items.

Don

Any chance of ordering a Cheese and Onion pasty?   I could put in a poll entry for Mrs PD&SWJR if it would help with your counting but will wait and see if Andy is going to add a Cheese and Onion option. This could become like the Political debates fiasco continually addin new options till CK disappears in a mound of pasties and other tasty items.

Don

Cheese and Onion?  That's not a real pasty!  That's something cooked up by those who wish to cash in on the real thing which is meat, onions and potatoes, perhaps with a turnip sometimes.  It makes me cringe when I see some of the ingredients which are included in folded up pastry and called a pasty!  Carrots, peas, even  a vegetarian version which really is heresy.  Pasty's are a serious business and not to be made light of!

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

Don

Yes, we normally do bring along a couple of cheese & onion ones, which come from the same deli.

What I'd ask is, if Andy Y could kindly add the cheese & onion pasty option to the poll, I'll go off the numbers recorded on that.

We had one left over one year, it was very tasty!

No tortoises, by the way. Not now, not ever.

• RMweb Gold

As a vegetarian my not wanting to eat meat outweighs any design to stick to the original pasty however it should have good honest cornish (west country at a pinch)  cheedar cheese. Hang on a minuite Cheddar aint in Cornwall. If Davidstow can produce cheddar perhaps Someset could make a pasty :scared: :nono:

Don

• RMweb Premium

Cornwall makes its own cheese.  It's called Yarg. Not sure how well it goes into pasties though.  

When God made Vegetarians she also made parsnips ;)

I know CK arranges to feed all including the carniverously-challenged so provide our preferences are known with a close approximation in numbers I forsee little difficulty.

• RMweb Gold

I know CK arranges to feed all including the carniverously-challenged so provide our preferences are known with a close approximation in numbers I forsee little difficulty.

Thanks Rick, I also forsee no difficulty whatsoever...! ;)

The menu will essentially be very similar to previous years, with the addition now of chicken & ham pie (plus cheese & onion pasties for those who have pre-ordered...)

Remember the motto...'Let them eat cake!'...

Archived