RMWeb Members Day, Taunton, 2015 - full line-up announced

Captain Kernow

I need permission please to bring, i hope, my kit bashed 07 shunter for any poor soul whom wishes to view it ?

As some of you probably noticed a few weeks ago on here, my 07 shunter body melted, so, i got up off my posterior  & did another one.

I have still stuck to building a dual braked 07 shunter.

It's not brilliant but it is not a total pile of poo. 

andy

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I need permission please to bring, i hope, my kit bashed 07 shunter for any poor soul whom wishes to view it ?

As some of you probably noticed a few weeks ago on here, my 07 shunter body melted, so, i got up off my posterior  & did another one.

I have still stuck to building a dual braked 07 shunter.

It's not brilliant but it is not a total pile of poo. 

andy

Well, there will be one or two layouts capable of running it, so do please bring it along, we'd love to see it (and you, of course!).

Folks, due to circumstances beyond my control, I won't now be able to make the Taunton do.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement!

Not only will I miss out on a great event, miss out on seeing so many friends, I've ordered a shirt, the luminosity of such.....well it would never have been surpassed!

I know there's always next year, but I really am sorry I can't make it!

My best to CK and the team for a great day out, as they always are!

....... I've ordered a shirt, the luminosity of such.....well it would never have been surpassed!

I'll bet you were foolish enough to look at your new shirt without welding goggles, and now you've got temporary blindness. ;)

On a more serious note, I hope everything is Ok mate.

A combination of work, weddings and daughters A level exams, has meant that we have had to change all our holidays around, now flying two weeks earlier than expected.

Really gutted as having to miss the highlight of the modelling year, such a great social event that I have been looking forward to for weeks.

• RMweb Premium

Bother.

And here's me wondering now who's still coming after I've spent the past few days wrangling impossibly small pieces of paper and card kits and persuading glue to stick bits not much more than a humble millimetre in size .........

;)

• RMweb Gold

A combination of work, weddings and daughters A level exams, has meant that we have had to change all our holidays around, now flying two weeks earlier than expected.

Really gutted as having to miss the highlight of the modelling year, such a great social event that I have been looking forward to for weeks.

Real shame you won't make but with a wedding coming up at least the new shirt won't go to waste:-))

Gwiwer, Kim and I will be there with Tucking Mill and William Smith's Wharf. Looking forward to seeing your mini flight-friendly layout

Jerry

• Like 4

This sounds so good  I am going to have to make the trip down the 303 and take a gander, it will round off a holiday week of railways and modelling for me. Not sure about the name badge though, I may have to kill you all once you know who I am :triniti:

What is it about the shirts, and is putting a pic up allowed.....or are they that bad  sorry good :sungum:

The shirts..........

Started many years ago, as I needed a profile pic for Model Rail, I wanted to get away from the pipe, tie and cardie type image, I put on a surfing type loud shirt for the pic.......the rest is history.

The loud shirt has now become a bit of a trademark........:-)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well I was wondering if being refused bail was the reason for not attended. I believe the shirts could cause a public riot let alone be a traffic hazzard.

Thats is the trouble with life it gets in the way. You will be missed.

Discovered at our local another member is on here have duly pointed him towards the Swag thread.

Don

• Like 1

Ahem! I thought this thread was rather drifting off-topic with all this talk of loud shirts etc. So, to bring it back to the true purpose of our meeting at Staplegrove next month, here's a gentle reminder...

post-14107-0-36963000-1427645121.jpg

aka The Pasty Muncher!  :sarcastic:

Also, here are the true Cornish quality-assurance 'Rules' for "proper-job" pasties:  

http://www.cornishpastyassociation.co.uk/what-is-a-genuine-cornish-pasty   :declare:  

Edited by Phil Copleston
  • Like 1

That could almost be a unique Cornish challenge Mr.Copleston, dya think you could get a micro layout on the top or even pair it up with another portable module at SWAG ? That's always assuming it'll fit throught the front entrance doors !

• Like 1

That could almost be a unique Cornish challenge Mr.Copleston, dya think you could get a micro layout on the top or even pair it up with another portable module at SWAG ? That's always assuming it'll fit throught the front entrance doors !

Ho ho ho... this almost sounds like a challenge for Mr. Hopper! But then his Devon top-crimped pasty-module probably wouldn't connect with my Cornish side-crimped affair.  :scratchhead:  Yep, this may lead to skirmishes at the border...  :punish: