RMWeb Members Day, Taunton, 2015 - full line-up announced

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

After testing my diplomacy almost to it's limit, SWMBO has granted a pass out for tomorrow so barring last minute problems I will be there!

Edited by rab
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Wonder if you can stage photos of Beattie Well Tanks together in 2mm, 4mm and 7mm??

I assume Jerry will have his 2mm one with him and you'll have the 7mm, and perhaps Kernow will have a 4mm one on their stall.

There'll certainly be one on Wheal Elizabeth.

Looks like a steam and green diesel day.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Well have fun, boss is now working half a day so that's knackered the plan as other things had to be re-organised for the afternoon as she doesn't drive. Not really worth the drive to pop in for less than an hour and that's assuming traffic is good on a Sunday!

Pictures please ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well have fun, boss is now working half a day so that's knackered the plan as other things had to be re-organised for the afternoon as she doesn't drive. Not really worth the drive to pop in for less than an hour and that's assuming traffic is good on a Sunday!

Pictures please ;)

Not even for the pasty? :nono:

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah well pastys are good but I'm more of a cake man and she's buying dinner out :) Can't complain when I often have to change the plans due to my work and I was at a show all last weekend while she was off. Hopefully the Britmod meet in June will partially make up for it.

We have taken down Hobbiton End ready to go out to the car when it has started raining, aaaargh!!!!

stopping to read here and have a cuppa while waiting instead. I have also just remembered that the new railcar although complete has not been tested nor does it have its crew or couplings etc so also making a list for this evenings modelling session ready for tomorrow.

See you guys in the morning for lots of fun (read pasty and cakies) and hopefully no rain while loading/unloading etc.

Simon

• Like 3

I shall be along 'later' - SWMBO and No.1 daughter have hijacked my 'boys day out' and are cadging a lift to do some retail therapy in Taunton town centre. Just waiting for them to be ready for the off - could be a long wait... :banghead:

Edited by talisman56

The Domestic Authorities and I travelled down to Taunton and we were very impressed at the venue. OK, parking was tight, but we found a space across the road so no problem. Good to see layouts, I got some useful info. on fitting detail to etched kits, cracking meat pie and missus had a Ploughmans. Very good value. Next one?

• Like 1

BIG thank you to Mr & Mrs Kernow, Andy Y, the pastie staff for their catering.

Also, a thank you to all whom bought their layouts, they were all splendid.

For me personally, i thought Tipham was superb & Simon's Hobbit railway was fantastic.

It was nice to meet everyone today.

Thank you all.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Just got back after a great day at Taunton.

Great to meet up with one or two I already knew and to make a few new friends.

Thanks to all who made it such a success.

Tim for arranging the day. Andy for acting as joint auctioneer with some great items

and not forgetting the kitchen crew for feeding and watering us all.

Looking forward to the next meet up; do we really have to wait a whole year!