Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

The Engine Shed

Multiple identity account

• RMweb Gold

U Class: Problem with the U Class is the number of variants within just a 50 strong class. Would love to see it happen though.

Rebuilt 'Battle of Britain' Class: Would require a brand new tooling for the tender. The 5250g tender hasn't been seen in model form since the days of Hornby Dublo.

P Class: Wasn't there a thread on here not too long ago, detailing the differences between all 8 members of the class?

The 5250 gallon tender body could also be used with the rebuilt MN thus giving new variants to refresh sales of both models for a quite modest investment.

Hornby already have appropriate tender chassis for both classes.

John  

There is certainly a lot of content in this edition of the 'The Engine Shed' blog.

It is nicely done, not only the new announcement of course, but the update on the LMS coke hoppers, and for me, most importantly communication about additional developments, expressed conversationally, but setting very reasonable expectations for 2017 announcements.

I have for some time wondered whether biweekly might not be too frequent a publication rate for the development team given the 'day job' requirements on their time. Even compiling, proofing and editing a relatively short blog post will take someone some hours of effort to produce. Having said that, I think this is a very worthwhile communications endeavour and encourage them to continue.

If it runs to three weeks between publication and we get updates like this, then that's just fine.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Gold

Now now, I am currently read'in the definitive Bullied Power Merchant Navy book by Fry and he calls them unrebuild and rebuild, and he knew lots of people who worked 'em.

So if its goodi'nuff for 'im, its goodi'nuff for me.

BR or Bluebell version will be fine to me and sherley much better than me renamed Wrenn one.

The men in malachite green and sunshine yellow robes are currently enroute to your location and your room with ensuite hot and cold water-boarding has been prepared at Guantanamo Bay.. ;) Edited by toboldlygo

U Class: Problem with the U Class is the number of variants within just a 50 strong class. Would love to see it happen though.

Rebuilt 'Battle of Britain' Class: Would require a brand new tooling for the tender. The 5250g tender hasn't been seen in model form since the days of Hornby Dublo.

P Class: Wasn't there a thread on here not too long ago, detailing the differences between all 8 members of the class?

You would thought Bachmann would have done a U by now given its strong similarity to the N class.

Wasn't the 4 COR still there back in 2015??

Steady Now!!

MC

Given the number of bargain basement 2 car EMU sets out there at the moment (of which I took my fill), it would not surprise they postponing such a thing (if they ever had ideas to do one) until the finances can support it. The last thing Hornby need is another set of unsold EMUs. I,d buy them of course. Edited by JSpencer

• 2 weeks later...

Arghhh!!!!!

I saw the headline and thought they'd cancelled the B12!

Reading further - they've approved the livery sample for the LNER version, but haven't seen the BR examples yet.  But the LNER livery is the last that Hornby are letting go in early December, the BR versions are mid to late November.  I suppose there's less to go wrong with black...

C'mon lets have them all sooner!

(I see the lettering and numbers are level - that'll stop some whinging...)

And what about a TTS B12 - there's a live one to record!

Edited by Hroth

• RMweb Gold

Arghhh!!!!!

I saw the headline and thought they'd cancelled the B12!

Reading further - they've approved the livery sample for the LNER version, but haven't seen the BR examples yet.  But the LNER livery is the last that Hornby are letting go in early December, the BR versions are mid to late November.  I suppose there's less to go wrong with black...

C'mon lets have them all sooner!

(I see the lettering and numbers are level - that'll stop some whinging...)

And what about a TTS B12 - there's a live one to record!

Looking at their website, Hornby have posted pictures of the approval samples in Lined Black (both Early and Late Crest) on the product pages for them

http://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/br-4-6-0-holden-b12-class-br-late.html

http://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/br-4-6-0-holden-b12-class-br-early.html

• Like 1

Looking at their website, Hornby have posted pictures of the approval samples in Lined Black (both Early and Late Crest) on the product pages for them

http://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/br-4-6-0-holden-b12-class-br-late.html

http://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/br-4-6-0-holden-b12-class-br-early.html

Quoting todays Engine Shed, "And that is what we have to show today, the Final Approval Sample for the LNER livery. We had planned (and would have loved) to show you the decoration samples for the Late and Early BR liveries as well, but unfortunately these are still in transit from our Hong Kong office."

The ones on the website are probably just livery samples for the BR black models - whilst the LNER green shown in Engine Shed is the "press the button and make the batch" sample.

They've upgraded from a flat head to a cross head screw though!

The LNERg green version is looking worryingly appealing, if not a little out of area for a North Eastern guy! They madenitbto Leeds and Donny (according to Hornby) so a little further north is possible right!?

The cab detail looks very nicely printed, and definitely as much, if not more than required once a crew is there and its moving, but the innterior sides still appear to be black, which they very rarely were. A BR loco, would usually be cream above the waitline at least, and a pre-Nat loco would doubtless also be painted, but research varies on what colour. I'm not adverse to getting a paintbrush into the cab and colouring in the missing bits (I actually enjoy such tweaking) but I wonder how much extra that would put on the price. It's something I've rarely seen in RTR locos.

Cheers

J

Nice to see there appears to be a satin sheen rather than the usual flat matt

Very good if that turns out to be the case. It’s difficult to tell from photographs because lighting varies so much. I do wish that they would paint the wheels, though. It doesn’t matter if they’re black or possibly olive green but light green is translucent and, besides, never quite matches the body colour.

Now now, I am currently read'in the definitive Bullied Power Merchant Navy book by Fry and he calls them unrebuild and rebuild, and he knew lots of people who worked 'em.

So if its goodi'nuff for 'im, its goodi'nuff for me.

BR or Bluebell version will be fine to me and sherley much better than me renamed Wrenn one.

....And don't call me Sherley!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Perhaps another teaser is on the cards via 'Lord Isles of Sandwich' if the BSO discussions on http://www.mremag.com/ are anything to go by or perhaps I am part of the tease as well and should foxtrot oscar? Might be worth checking the Engine Shed blog in the next week or so?

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 2

Wouldn't get your hopes up for Bulleid Coaching Stock just yet.

The coach in the background of the picture they posted (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvM4DksXEAA2xGX.jpg) lacks the split window characteristic of Bulleid coaches:

S2810020.JPG

I believe the coach pictured is one of the Mk1's that makes up the Wealdon Rambler set.

Bluebell Railway 02-07-2016-8.jpg

Regards,

Matt

There's a pic on FB with a Mk1 in the background.