The Engine Shed

Multiple identity account

The real H is going to Warley , can't imagine why ;) https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/news/the-engine-shed/warley-2017-huge-announcement

The accompanying video also includes lots of seemingly intentionally placed close up shots of the Q Class pulling it out of the shed... perhaps a hint, perhaps just to be arty for the video...

I wonder if they expected to be sold out of the model version so soon?! Seems a shame to have the real thing there but not able to sell the model version!... Unless they kept a load back just for the show.

They have already blown it by showing the blurred catalogue cover for next year on the collectors club benefits page think its post 1457? That has a comparison to a lord nelson painting

Amazing what lengths they'll go to to distract attention from the Nelson eh ! ....... taking a HUGE ( i.e. bigger than O gauge ) H to Warley - whatever next ?

Guest Midland Mole

It's not going to be a Nelson. I don't believe for one minute it will be a Nelson. The blurry image of the new catalogue cover is either not what we think, or just a temporary image.

Just look at how we were trolled with the BRM cover silhouette about the Hattons announcement......that broke my spirit about getting my hopes up, never again.

It's NOT going be a Nelson!

Alex

It's not going to be a Nelson. I don't believe for one minute it will be a Nelson. The blurry image of the new catalogue cover is either not what we think, or just a temporary image.

Just look at how we were trolled with the BRM cover silhouette about the Hattons announcement......that broke my spirit about getting my hopes up, never again.

It's NOT going be a Nelson!

Alex

yer could be right ........... rumour has it that Bachmann have booked enough space to park 850 alongside 263 and upstage Hornby ................. ! ..........

( Well, rumour started ..... will it fly ? )

yer could be right ........... rumour has it that Bachmann have booked enough space to park 850 alongside 263 and upstage Hornby ................. ! ..........

( Well, rumour started ..... will it fly ? )

Yes, but if it's Bachmann, it won't get there until 2020...

• RMweb Gold

Yeah!

Not forgetting the duo snowplough fitted at 72A (in my neck of the modelling woods) ;)

Any idea how long they were so fitted?

I think reinstated Black Motors were used in the bad winter of 1962-3 and I recall seeing Collett 0-6-0s, 2214 and 3205 so equipped on a shed visit after the WR takeover.

Unfortunately, I lost a lot of my notes many years ago and can't remember exactly when it was. 

John

• RMweb Premium

Any idea how long they were so fitted?

I think reinstated Black Motors were used in the bad winter of 1962-3 and I recall seeing Collett 0-6-0s, 2214 and 3205 so equipped on a shed visit after the WR takeover.

Unfortunately, I lost a lot of my notes many years ago and can't remember exactly when it was.

John

Sorry no.

I only found out about them today over on the Modelling Real Locations thread for Bude.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/115403-bude-station-lswr-sr-brs-in-cornwall/?p=2472117

Edited by Tim Dubya

I wonder if they expected to be sold out of the model version so soon?! Seems a shame to have the real thing there but not able to sell the model version!... Unless they kept a load back just for the show.

Or the forthcoming Hornby Club loco is going to a miniature of the full size loco and they see it as a great way to get people to sign up.

I am now wondering if I should take a plane to Birmingham.

Nice one Hornby. Huge H it is.

As others said, lots of Q getting in on the video too. Could this loco now be in the Q for development as a model?

Cue speculation! Very possibly they measured the cue, I mean Q, whilst they were there. I don’t care what Bulleid thought of them – they are lovely little locos and they did have steam reversers which worked! Hornby seems to like links, think of the Duchesses and 87s linked by the WCML. Why not a couple of Maunsell’s products? Big and small.

• RMweb Gold

Yes, but if it's Bachmann, it won't get there until 2020...

That’s ok show doesn’t open till 0930.

But if Bachmann brought some full size birdcages, and Peco some real track.. then Warley could be a different prospect :-)

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

I am now wondering if I should take a plane to Birmingham.

Nice one Hornby. Huge H it is.

As others said, lots of Q getting in on the video too. Could this loco now be in the Q for development as a model?

Why not, theyve had all the bits for years...

Small tender for the n15

Airfix 4f body

Hornby jinty chassis

:-)

Seriously a Q must have been an obvious one for years, i’m Surprised they did a 700 before it.

If the Airfix 4f tooling is coming to the end of its life, the Q could be a nice replacement.

Edited by adb968008

What is going on here with the Engine Shed. They terminated the announcement of the Brighton Belle and new Collectors Club, yet it was still published in the Hornby Magazine. Now 1st Nov has come and gone, there is no new club. Rather confusing really. 

• RMweb Premium

The banners at the top of the page announce the imminent arrival of Black 5 (BR black) and Deltic in blue to the Railroad range . I’ve just seen the advert in Hornby mag £99 each. Really! A superannuated Ex Lima Deltic moulding from 1976 , with an improved chassis. Come on!

Now I know main range prices are up , but I really doubt there are many new comers who will see £100 as an acceptable entry point to Model Railways. Similarly will enthusiasts go for these models? Black 5 maybe, but Deltic has so many compromises. So what’s Railroad for. I fear they’ve lost the plot again.

• RMweb Gold

On the other hand the new, and already apparently out of stock, Railroad 14xx is £45, a price at which I will find it hard to leave in the shops; less than one of the RTR auto trailers it can pull/push, £10 more than H's own trailer.  I have to agree that Railroad seems neither fish nor fowl though; some of it may be a different spelling of foul, and is not in general doing the company any favours. And the company needs all the favours it can get just now!

Edited by The Johnster

Does anyone buy anything at full RRP though?

I want a new sofa, should I go to the manufacturers and buy one for £1000 or buy one from the many retailers that are selling the same thing for £300?

Likewise £100 for a Deltic from the manufacturers or buy one from Hattons for £55. They were selling the previous version recently for less than £40 so someone must be buying them as they are now all gone.

Jason