End of the line

d winpenny

Cheers neil just waiting for some track to arrive to aid my planning,

Does anybody know the width of the knightwing fueling point would be a great help

David

Hi David,

I'll be home later and I'll measure mine for you. Unless someone beats me to it.

Jinty ;-)

I think that was the new office for trainload coal in fact.

The building houses the train crew booking on point, mess room, locker room, offices for the area management team etc

Was the operating base & control for EWS Energy when that was up and running before everything went back to Doncaster CSDC

Well having picked up some track from the post office yesterday courtesy of sir jinty, I have now realised that most of my depot roads need there angle reducing by about 10degree as I over estimated just a little bit, but the upside is it should mean more track space at the top end when I've adjusted the track spacings :)

David

• Like 1

Not done much more with adjusting the track plan as yet because it basically means it all needs rubbing out and starting again but picked up a few HTAs from york show at the weekend hoping to get some more at some point, obviously no layout as yet so here's a picture of the lined up the kitchen

16457465594_13f41acb27.jpgNew stock for knottingley layout by mosherlad, on Flickr

David

• Like 6

Hi David,

Looking forward to seeing this progress! I visited Knottigley a couple of times but that was when it was full of 56's and 08's. Those last pictures above from Jonny777 were probably around the time I visited, I was 13 at the time and now 38!

Cheers

Simon

Ditto this statement, I went only last Tuesday rather coincidental :no: 

you used to be able to walk round the car park with impunity  and that was legitimately, now its like fort knox with electric gates, cctv and intercom entry.

I asked two member's of staff for permission to drive in the car park to have a look at the shed to a firm rebuff your on cctv! how times have changed :drag:

That looks like a good plan for an interesting project. Good luck with it; at least there would be lots of activity in its heyday, although it looks to have undergone some rationalisation in recent years.

The big building at the back appeared to be going to take over as the new servicing facility when it was being built 20 years ago (or at least that is what I assumed.

attachicon.gif56092 56108 KY 5:9:92.jpg

Now, from that overhead view, it seems to be completely unconnected with rails and looks more of a white elephant.

As I recall the line where the 56's are stabled is not there anymore and the access road down to the depot said something like EWS or DbS learning centre, so is it possibly a training centre, either way I couldn't see it connected to any lines.

Hi David

Ive been that wrapped up in my own layout that I hadn't noticed you had started a new thread. Certainly looks like it will be impressive.

Glad you liked the idea of the wall paper. I've usd it several times on different layouts and at least you know what you can fit before you start. It does have another good use. If you pin the tack down on it then trim off all the excess then if you ever dismantle the layout you tend to find the track comes up a lot easier as it's not glued to the base board from doing the ballasting.

Look forward to more updates.

Cheers

Marcus

Edited by Marcus 37
  • Like 1

Hi David,

Just found your new thread. I only went to Knottingley once back in the 80s but it was packed with plenty of loco's. Mainly class 56s, there were a few tampers on shed too.

All the best with it mate.

Cheers Peter.