End of the line

d winpenny

Thanks, Ordered my first two laser cut baseboards the other day and they should be turning up Thursday fingers crossed then I might be able to give you some actual pictures

David

Edited by d winpenny

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David, I bought some of these and there fine only problem I had was stopping the joints moving while the glue was setting :banghead: , so I put PVA on the joints then a spot of glue from a hot glue gun to keep it square while it set.

Hope this tip helps you.

Nigel  :imsohappy:

• 3 weeks later...

Great news David, it's nice for you to get the boards made and make progress on your layout.

Cannot wait to see Grids lined up on your boards! :locomotive:  :declare:

I know that you are modelling a later period but we can live in hope! You might be tempted to roll back the years and have the depot filled with Grids!

• Like 1

second board now sat with the tops drying, just having a well deserved cuppa

21086629726_312b59bea3_c.jpgBoard 2 by mosherlad, on Flickr

Thanks marcus, only taken me 2 weeks since they turned up

Thanks Peter so do I going to have try and keep up momentum

Cheers grimley, I confess I am actually gridless at the moments so tugs and sheds for the time being, but I there will be a grid or 2 based on my knottingley, when I'm near completion a backdated operating session wouldn't be out of the question

David

Edited by d winpenny
  • Like 3

Yeah I'm dead chuffed I can say Ive got an actual layout again now even if it is devoid of anything else going to try and keep my momentum up and build my knight wing fueling point just to keep me going, then it will be out with the lining paper and getting so plans down for positioning everything

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Okay the prospect of momentum never really happen but I did get to the real place last week and took some pictures and a video nothing special but I thought I'd post them up (flikr isn't working for me right now so here is just the video I will try the pictures later

David

• Like 3

It is always nice to visit the area that you are modelling, it really helps.

I remember my first visit to Knottingley back in 1988 just after we arrived, after picking up fish and chips, a red-stripe Railfreight Grid came passed on loaded HAAs, superb!

A bit different to the 66 on the biomass wagons.....

It certainly is, I took these then nipped for a bacon sandwich was a bit early for fish and chips, I'm geussing it's a lot quieter now than It was I saw more passenger working than freight.

Here's the album because flikr is being a pain and won't let me select individual pictures :-/

https://flic.kr/s/aHskkmAWdq

David

It is a good video grimley and you guessed correctly I have seen it before always worth a watch

Thanks Ian yes I plenty of interesting things in the yard I think the container is a generator, I have got some of the little yard bits

Cheers Neil

I thought that you probably would have!

• 2 weeks later...

With my third baseboard coming on Monday and two boxes of flexi bought this is now in real danger of making some progress my next purchase will be the points, my main question is am I right in presuming with dcc layout like this electrofrog points are a must?

David

• Like 2