End of the line

d winpenny

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, it just helps that bit of variety to the scene doesn't it, yes they are nice models I must admit might have to get another to run up in multi or maybe s Bachman 150 but that for much later a treat maybe when I've actually built something permanent for it to run on.

In other news spurred on by getting a new set of draws for my modelling gear, I have actually taken the plunge and had a crack at the. End 4 road shed and it now has walls definately by no means a masterpiece but a reasonable representation in my eyes

post-10013-0-61092900-1452319341_thumb.jpeg

David

Edited by d winpenny
  • Like 7

Cheers Grimley means a lot coming from a professional as yourself, there will be grids at knottingley, I'm eying up Scott (pitbulls) Dutch big t livery on on eBay but I have no doubt it will go for a lot more than I can afford but hey you can't win em all I'd settle for a couple of red and gold examples.

David

Cheers Grimley means a lot coming from a professional as yourself, there will be grids at knottingley, I'm eying up Scott (pitbulls) Dutch big t livery on on eBay but I have no doubt it will go for a lot more than I can afford but hey you can't win em all I'd settle for a couple of red and gold examples.

David

Professional, not sure about that!!

It's nice to make a start isn't it as it definitely helps motivate you seeing it take shape?

Glad to hear that, always need to have Grids at Knottingley!

Oh and a few coal 60s too!

Thanks for the likes everybody really does help, right now I need so more card to have a crack at the long shed. I'm unsure if I will just clad my card models for the final layout or maybe venture into other mediums because these aren't the sturdiest but it will ultimately depend on price

Hi David,

I think the way things are going with modelling laser cutting has got to be the way. I'm sure there's plenty of people on here who can advise on how you go about it. I'm currently attempting to make a building out of card, and I'm cutting out windows with a scalpel. I don't think any of them are the same dimension!

Yes I feel like I'm modelling and achieving something, but a laser cut one would look soooo much better...

Good luck with it, the above comments are not a reflection on your fine work,  just my own. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After been left at south Milford after being removed from train due to dragging brake this Hta suffered an extensive graffiti attack. Pictured here at knottingley having been dragged by KYs resident 09 from Milford waiting attention

post-10013-0-97071400-1454525389_thumb.jpeg

David

Edited by d winpenny
  • Like 11

If you find the laser cut route is too expensive you could do worse than try plywood inner shell structure with plastiicard cladding outer.

On Peak Forest signal box I found that with a bit of practice I could cut the plasticard to a tolerance of 0.5mm with a sharpish scalpel.

The inner structure does not need to be so accurate as none of it is visible. It does need to be square though!

Big sheds work particularly well as they don't have too many apertures/widows.

The other advantage is that the plywood inners can act as rough models whilst you play with their size and positioning.

Modelling structures in plasticard also gives you a chance to build your skills by starting on the smallest buildings. On

Peak Forest Revisited my first scratch built structure was a windowless privy, but it was so simple that creating a likeness was easy. (See post #35).

Good luck with the modelling, I'm following with interest.

Andy