Nice looking progress ,handbuilt track really does make difference

Looking forward how you do the slip

Brian

P.s are you adding droppers as you go or after you've done ,sorry if you've already said

There is no need to re edit your post. I may have come across a little harsh but it wasnt meant to be, faceless internet. It just seems a common theme sometimes when commenting on a good 2mm/N layout.

Hi,

Thank you for your comments. Here are a few more pictures with intercity liveried class 87 with a nice rake and a dvt. Gives a bit of an idea of how it will look with trains running.

Bri.s - I will add the droppers after all the track is laid. Just need to solder carefully so as not to melt the plastic chairs!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

This is looking a great project so far!

For soldering droppers around plastic chairs I have used surgical clamps purchased from a modelling suppliers (Squires, I think?) as heat sinks clamped to the rail either side of the join.

Cheers,

Mark

I've left them straight as I haven't got the right tool to bend them correctly. I'll need to hunt around for one at the NEC next month.

In Watford (Simbles) we have an old fashioned tool shop, pretty much tools and nothing else, They start at very cheap to high quality, sorry to a certain trader but I can buy tools when I need them, which ever quality is needed and normally at very keen prices.

Also has a bonus of 20 mins free parking, though you may prefer to pay for parking just so you can brouse 

Edited by hayfield

Jeremy

Being a self confessed trackie and having used the station over the years for commuting, your thread is very interesting. I have been teaching someone to build chaired track in 4mm scale and have smiled as they struggled threading the chairs, now in 2 mm scale though half the scale its a quarter of the mass !! Having bought a turnout kit just to see what its like full marks 

Also its quite a sight seeing a station approach so large, looking forward to see it expand

Jeremy

Being a self confessed trackie and having used the station over the years for commuting, your thread is very interesting. I have been teaching someone to build chaired track in 4mm scale and have smiled as they struggled threading the chairs, now in 2 mm scale though half the scale its a quarter of the mass !! Having bought a turnout kit just to see what its like full marks 

Also its quite a sight seeing a station approach so large, looking forward to see it expand

Thanks John. It's very taxing on the eyesight in 2mm though!

Looking good Jeremy, I really like the photos of the 87 and rake of coaches, it gives you an idea of the size of your project.

Many an hour was spent at the end of Euston station watching 81s, 85s, 86s and 87s coming and going. Oh and a few 310s......this really will be a lovely layout.

I love the way that your layout boards double up as a dining room table!

• Like 1

Looking good Jeremy, I really like the photos of the 87 and rake of coaches, it gives you an idea of the size of your project.

Many an hour was spent at the end of Euston station watching 81s, 85s, 86s and 87s coming and going. Oh and a few 310s......this really will be a lovely layout.

I love the way that your layout boards double up as a dining room table!

Thank you. I've slightly taken over the dining room table at the moment but it fits nicely and it's the right height so I can sit down and do the track building.

• Like 1

The track looks amazing. Excellent work.

Joe

Agree with previous comments, the trackwork is outstanding - really impressive work and I am looking forward to seeing this layout progress.

Thanks guys. I've been working on the single slip this week. Last night I added in the Vee crossings to each end so now it's just a case of filling in with the other parts. I'm taking my time with this one as its my first and I don't want to make a mess of it. Hopefully I'll have it ready over the weekend and I'll post up some photos.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 2