is there another board to go on at the London end as those platform roads look very short and i think most of them start to curve round from the left side to the right towards all the buffer stops???

There will be a "trainshed" board to follow on with openings on the side and a Perspex roof so people can look down on the trains. In total there will be three boards, the third will be the fiddle yard which I'm going to trial a drawer unit design with drop in two road cassettes.

• Like 1

As I haven't done any work on the layout this evening, just thought I'd have a bit of a play with some stock posing.

Here is a kind of busy Euston with some 87's and HST waiting to depart, some parcels stock and a DVT lead service snaking into the station. The Virgin liveried 87's will be repainted into Intercity at some stage.

post-10222-0-35550800-1441660021_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-44419700-1441660037_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-33432500-1441660056_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-65889400-1441660074_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 17

Looking good.

If you think that the track will be a pain to build just wait until you are working out where the OHLE wires need to route! TBH I like routing OH wires I don't really know why.

In other news. 86252 and 86245 have both now been stripped, primed and knocked back ready for the yellow to go on. The two will both be in Intercity Executive but be significantly different. Such was class 86 variation in the 80s/90s.

post-6894-0-46517400-1441671341_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Reminds me of a certain superb model of Camden Bank in EM created in the attic of a well known and highly regarded finescale modeller.

Its a truly awesome and accurate layout including the sheds ..4th rail roads..diveunder etc.

I would love to post a pic but without his permission would not do this.

It does prove the point though that no prototype no matter how ambitious is beyond consideration so good luck with Euston. 

• RMweb Premium

Good evening,

I didn't manage to progress gluing the track plan yesterday so here's a little update on where I'm at.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy

I'm not sure whether you have omitted something on the west side intentionally or not, because I'm not totally sure of what your intentions are there and my knowledge of that side is not too good.

You have just two track west of Platform 16. Neither are very long on your Templot plan. However, I know that there was the double sided platform 17 and then the single faced platform 18. Platform 17 was shorter than 16/18, possibly by as much as a couple of coaches. This was the platform with the end loading facility. I believe that platform 18 was the same length as platform 16 and for much (if not all) of its length the track had a high wall alongside (probably as a roof support). I'm not sure whether these two platforms have changed subsequent to the date you are aiming to model but that is as they were at least up to a few years ago - save for the disabling of the end loading facility, when I ceased to use the station frequently.

I believe that was at least one significantly shorter track at an angle to platform 18 at the country end of the platform.

You may have decided to omit these two platforms intentionally but I thought it best to highlight their absence when I first noticed it.

Sorry if this causes you extra work.

Jeremy

I'm not sure whether you have omitted something on the west side intentionally or not, because I'm not totally sure of what your intentions are there and my knowledge of that side is not too good.

You have just two track west of Platform 16. Neither are very long on your Templot plan. However, I know that there was the double sided platform 17 and then the single faced platform 18. Platform 17 was shorter than 16/18, possibly by as much as a couple of coaches. This was the platform with the end loading facility. I believe that platform 18 was the same length as platform 16 and for much (if not all) of its length the track had a high wall alongside (probably as a roof support). I'm not sure whether these two platforms have changed subsequent to the date you are aiming to model but that is as they were at least up to a few years ago - save for the disabling of the end loading facility, when I ceased to use the station frequently.

I believe that was at least one significantly shorter track at an angle to platform 18 at the country end of the platform.

You may have decided to omit these two platforms intentionally but I thought it best to highlight their absence when I first noticed it.

Sorry if this causes you extra work.

Hi Ray,

These platform tracks are not quite finished yet. I will need to add a small piece on the side of the layout to accommodate these tracks and I plan on doing that a little further down the line.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Looking good.

If you think that the track will be a pain to build just wait until you are working out where the OHLE wires need to route! TBH I like routing OH wires I don't really know why.

In other news. 86252 and 86245 have both now been stripped, primed and knocked back ready for the yellow to go on. The two will both be in Intercity Executive but be significantly different. Such was class 86 variation in the 80s/90s.

attachicon.gif2015-09-08 01.12.33.jpg

Hi Cav,

The 86's are looking great already! Can't wait to see them in their smart I/C executive livery.

I'm looking forward to the OHLE even though it will be challenging having never done it before.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Reminds me of a certain superb model of Camden Bank in EM created in the attic of a well known and highly regarded finescale modeller.

Its a truly awesome and accurate layout including the sheds ..4th rail roads..diveunder etc.

I would love to post a pic but without his permission would not do this.

It does prove the point though that no prototype no matter how ambitious is beyond consideration so good luck with Euston. 

Thank you. Hopefully the track building will not be too much of a nightmare and I can get some trains running soon! Feel free to post the photo of the Camden layout if permitted.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Thank you. Hopefully the track building will not be too much of a nightmare and I can get some trains running soon! Feel free to post the photo of the Camden layout if permitted.

Best regards,

Jeremy

I will be talking to the guy on Sun at EM North so will let him know whats been spoken about although I am sure it will be ok..just courtesy.

It featured in MRJ 172 I believe so its well enough known although not been spoken off for a bit lately.

I last viewed it back in 2012 when we exhibited at the Wigan show and we accepted an invitation to visit while south of the border.

It was breathtaking and although still under construction the scale of what one man is undertaking and achieving is difficult to describe.

All encouragement to yourself with Euston.

Dave.

Edited by vitalspark
  • Like 1

Damn................

more money flowing out of the wallet

Looking forward to these

es grüßt

pc

Definitely! I've put my name down for 2 in Network Southeast livery. Will look great running in and out of Euston as an 8 car formation. I also plan to scratch build a 317 using the Farish 150 as a base so I'll be able to mix and match the 321 and 317 in 8 car rakes. Should add some additional interest.

• Like 4

Best regards,

Jeremy

Your layout looks to be progressing well.

As requested a couple of pics of the stunning Camden Bank taken while under construction a few years ago.. can only imagine what its like now.

post-2371-0-48578800-1442191282_thumb.jpg

post-2371-0-24054000-1442191308_thumb.jpg

post-2371-0-77148300-1442191341_thumb.jpg

• Like 19