Freightliner MJA twins & HIA hopper

newbryford

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just ordered 4 green ones and also donated to this too

https://community.crisis.org.uk/christmas-2016/reserve-a-place#_ga=1.137133424.179846997.1480248724

as Ian McClellan's advert was played on Classic FM just as I was ordering them and I was struck by the similarity in prices and felt completely guilty

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Looks pretty good. The inner wagon ends shouldn't have the lamp irons or the steps / grab handles though.

agreed about the lamp iron, nowt a good scalpel wont cure but a quick google image search shows the real wagons with the left hand wagon of the pair with steps/ladders at the inner end

• RMweb Premium

The steps/ladders are at the right hand end of both wagons. 

agreed about the lamp iron, nowt a good scalpel wont cure but a quick google image search shows the real wagons with the left hand wagon of the pair with steps/ladders at the inner end

I think he means the handle on the lower left of the end itself (just visible on the lower pic in post#257)

I can feel an urge to put the long air pipe between them coming on......

Cheers,

Mick

Yep I think we're talking about the grabs under the wagon end, not the ones on the sides. Another quick and easy scalpel mod if the final product does have them. Might be an advantage if anyone wants to convert them into the pair of 'test' standalone wagons (502199/502200) though?

Some pics:
https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/M-Tops-codes/MJA-Freightliner-Bogie-boxes/

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yep I think we're talking about the grabs under the wagon end, not the ones on the sides. Another quick and easy scalpel mod if the final product does have them. Might be an advantage if anyone wants to convert them into the pair of 'test' standalone wagons (502199/502200) though?

Some pics:

https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/M-Tops-codes/MJA-Freightliner-Bogie-boxes/

Thanks for that.

Hmmmmmm. They may be the only MJA pics I have in my collection......... 

Cheers,

Mick

• 4 weeks later...

Dapol press release

Pricing on OO Gauge MJA & IDA Twin Pack Wagons

We have been notified of a costing error on the OO wagon series for the MJA and IDA Twin Pack Wagons. Unfortunately, this mean the Recommended Retail Prices of the wagons need to be amended. We are extremely sorry for this and the inconvenience this will undoubtedly cause. Dapol have absorbed as much of these increases as possible, but to remain viable we have to pass some of the costs on.

For customers who have pre-ordered any of these items, we would suggest you contact your retailers to amend or cancel their orders as appropriate.

Dapol would like to stress that this adjustment has nothing to do with the retailers and is beyond their control and is a necessary adjustment due to a costing error.

Once again we would like to apologise for this and hope it does not spoil your enjoyment of these oncoming releases.

MJA

Product Code Description New MRP

4F-025-001 MJA FREIGHTLINER HEAVY HAUL BOGIE BOX VAN 502003 & 004 £47.95

4F-025-002 MJA FREIGHTLINER HEAVY HAUL BOGIE BOX VAN 502017 & 018 £47.95

4F-025-003 MJA FREIGHTLINER HEAVY HAUL BOGIE BOX VAN 502021 & 022 £47.95

4F-025-004 MJA FREIGHTLINER HEAVY HAUL BOGIE BOX VAN 502045 & 046 £47.95

IDA

Product Code Description New RRP

4F-054-001 IDA Super Low 45 (SL 45) 39 70 490 1000 - 2 £43.95

4F-054-002 IDA Super Low 45 (SL 45) 39 70 490 1004 - 4 £43.95

4F-054-003 IDA Super Low 45 (SL 45) 39 70 490 1005 - 1 £43.95

4F-054-004 IDA Super Low 45 (SL 45) 39 70 490 1011 - 9 £43.95

Edited by drs37038

• RMweb Premium

Which means that the typical selling price for the MJAs will probably be about £43-£45ish

Despite this being the second increase I'll repeat my thoughts from post#233

Remember that this is for TWO wagons. Still good value when compared to others.

Cheers,

Mick

Which means that the typical selling price for the MJAs will probably be about £43-£45ish

Despite this being the second increase I'll repeat my thoughts from post#233

Remember that this is for TWO wagons. Still good value when compared to others.

Cheers,

Mick

Absolutely agree with you here Mick. You'll easily pay this sort of price for one wagon with other manufacturers so to have two wagons built to the standard that Dapol have achieved, I personally think that it's great value and will still proceed with my order.

• RMweb Premium

Interestingly Hattons were suggesting a sales price of £40, but also, and presume an error, said £50 !!

£40.76

I erred on the high side with my estimate.

Edited by newbryford

• 2 weeks later...

When are these due out?

If you mean the MJA twins, Gaugemaster, who are a Dapol wholesaler, had a Dapol release schedule in mid January, showing them as a February release. They may go back to at least March, as the Class 68s were delayed on this list from Jan to Feb. We know that the 68s have been produced and are currently on the high seas, so the MJAs and the Class 122 railcars should be in production now.

• 3 weeks later...