Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium

I came to the same conclusion with certain details of my model of Tunnel Inspection Coach, DW150144. What I couldn't quite work out I had to guess, with the thought that if I can't find out then possibly no one knows. But if someone does know and sees my error they will speak up. Until then, no one can say its wrong.

Since I did the model some more information has come to light, albeit from a slightly earlier period. And Hornby have replaced their 1970s Colletts with rather nice super detail ones, and of the correct hand brake which will save me so much rebuilding the second time round. I still occasionally Google "DW150144" though just in case something new has appeared.

• Like 3

Well, when someone does know if all, it would be a missed opportunity if you didn’t get them to give you chapter & verse, so you can publish it on here, duly credited to said master.

If they can’t provide the references, and won’t give their name & email address, you can tell them that Simon said they’re fake news

:)

Simon

Edited by Simond
  • Like 1

A picture from the stock folder.

Really must check that all things, like platform lamps, are in the correct postion before taking a picture, only noticed it after I had edited it!!!

Then changed it to monochrome

1391.jpg.543be71b20183616760215a64a1b5294.jpg

I have more pictures of this loco close up that any of the others, it seems to just work.

Must try the others.....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 16

I see you've reached 100 pages - congratulations. 

Regarding that platform lamp.  If you'd looked before the engine arrived, you'd have seen the work gang on the platform re-setting the base after an accident with a luggage trolley :)

• Like 1

I am sure we just can't quite see the workmen hoisting it up onto the top lamp iron so it shines out, USA train style.

Also... nicely weathered engine Kevin. Did you do that one yourself?

Edited by Martin S-C

I see you've reached 100 pages - congratulations. 

Regarding that platform lamp.  If you'd looked before the engine arrived, you'd have seen the work gang on the platform re-setting the base after an accident with a luggage trolley :)

Thanks.

Lateral thinking involved here, must use it more often!!!

I am sure we just can't quite see the workmen hoisting it up onto the top lamp iron so it shines out, USA train style.

Also... nicely weathered engine Kevin. Did you do that one yourself?

They've gone for a tea break half way through the job.

Thanks, loco weathered by me - one man band is Little Muddle - might explain the length of time I've been working on it....!

Kevin,

Just noticed, 100 pages!

Congratulaions & Well done. Your model, and the photos thereof, are a treat.

Best

Simon

Many thanks for that, we are beginning to get to the stage now where I am looking at older models and thinking - that needs updating....!

Your modular scenery system is really neat. Do you build a "normal" main baseboard and then just lay the sub-modules on top or is there some other method going on? I can see how much easier this makes, say, a farm or factory scene to work on when you can get at all sides of it and lift it up vs working on it in-situ.

Your modular scenery system is really neat. Do you build a "normal" main baseboard and then just lay the sub-modules on top or is there some other method going on? I can see how much easier this makes, say, a farm or factory scene to work on when you can get at all sides of it and lift it up vs working on it in-situ.

Correct, a 2x1 SW supporting frame was constructed with 2x2 bearers for additional support built first and then the modules lifted into place.

Even the bridge module was two pieces where the section with the derelict house could lift off.

So much easier when you can work on smaller boards, not always possible as the corner boards with the trees was built insitu but this meant I had to start at the back and work forwards....

Still one of my favorite class of loco's...…

1396.jpg.aa4f5eb6c4be33dd21b15ee43312c08a.jpg

I have a feeling the fireman is looking back and wandering how on earth they ended up facing this direction with no turning facilities at Little Muddle?

Edited by KNP
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Still one of my favorite class of loco's...…

attachicon.gif1396.jpg

I have a feeling the fireman is looking back and wandering how on earth they ended up facing this direction with no turning facilities at Little Muddle?

The way your prints are coming out I think you had better find a different chemist...

Kevin

Nice day, not much wind to speak of so the Squadron Leader has been up and about with his camera (and plane!).....

Flew over the junction at Encombe and caught a very busy moment

1397.jpg.5a5e52404dcd5bdbfa0265476c6dee65.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 9

I wonder how the dairy keeps going - you never see any staff, there's never a milk tanker being shunted in or out, just a manager's car badly parked out front. 

I do hope the Railcar is arriving at Endcombe, otherwise the Passengers for LM Service in the B Set will be well Peeeeeeeeeeeeeed off. :no:  :no:  :sungum:

That's the trouble with a double ended train you don't which way it is going...…..!