Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

• RMweb Gold

1860 real does look and sound superb - is she going back to Rosedale or transfering to Salturn ?. A very nicely executed project indeed.

Well done.

Alan

No holiday by the sea for this one, heading back up on to the moors.

http://image-archive.org.uk/wp-content/MAX/2011_04/162.jpg

http://web.onyxnet.co.uk/Auffret-onyxnet.co.uk/railways/rosedale/rose19.jpg

More specifically here -

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/sites/r/rosedale/rosedale_old_small8.jpg

Guest G567281

Thanks for posting the images of 1860. I have a set of these photographs purchased in the bar of the Milburn Arms some forty years ago. If she is going back to the moors, perhaps the centre drivers will have to be removed - temporarily.

Stealing shamelessly, I took advantage of your imitative and purchased a Zimo sound decoder from John of YouChoos with you "bells and whistles". I hope to receive it during the coming week. "J24" sound will then be heard in Canada. I follow your work with much interest.

Best regards

Alan

Well that's about it for painting and lining, it needs a bit of weathering, coal, fire irons and glazing to finish. Very happy with how it's turned out and if anyone wants to see it in the flesh I'll have it with me at Goathland next weekend. 

attachicon.gifIMGP1930-003.JPG

I saw this little engine yesterday at Goathland Model Railway Exhibition and it is just stunning. 

Not only is it a beautiful example of a late Victorian 0-6-0, but Paul has produced an absolutely brilliant model, which I sat gazing at for quite some time after sampling tea and cakes in the refreshment area.  And when I got home last night, I spent 4 minutes and 36 seconds listening to the sound chip in the post 706, whilst having a cup of tea, of course! 

The J24 is now ready to joins Paul's collection of North Eastern engines; one of which was assisting at the Mill yesterday morning (the J77, a Wilson Worsdell rebuild of a Fletcher design).

Go and see them if you can, or be sure to put the Goathland show in your diary for next year.

All the very best,

John

BTW, you can watch prototype steam engines too just down the road and have an ice cream!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest G567281

While at the Redcar show at the weekend, some pre-grouping stock had a trip out on Croft Depot, didn't run far though, the layout's P4.

attachicon.gifIMGP8471-001.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP8473-002.JPG

Lovely On both counts - the layout and the rolling stock. Very inspirational. It doesn't come any better.

Alan

Great photos. It certainly shows that croft depot is a lovely detailed layout. I saw it at scaleforum a few years ago. It is a layout you look into. Very well observed modelling. Let alone one of my favourite subject of the NER... Lovely rolling stock also!

• RMweb Gold

Nice looking coach Paul.

what did you use for the lining?

Cheers

Simon

Morning Simon,

I've used Humbrol No 69 gloss yellow applied with a Bowpen thinned a little bit as it is an oldish half used tin that had thickened a bit. It was then tidied up with a cocktail stick and thinners, a couple of panels were 're-filled' with red where needed.

Paul,

I presume the coach body colour is Cherry paints NER Crimson lake? BTW have you seen the Lanarkshire NER cast buffer stops,I have just today received a pack of five.Like all his stuff they are beautifully cast.

Well thanks for the mention guys. Have just poured the first half of the mould for the next NER stop block this morning, should be on the website next week.

Paul, you really are getting on with stuff, nice job on the coach and the J21.

See ya at EXPO.

Dave Franks

• RMweb Gold

I was planning on converting an NER 20t hopper to a Central Division, end brake, double axleguard version, I had selected one of a batch that I bought second hand a few years ago but on closer inspection there are so many differences that I decided to start with a new kit. I had wanted to build one with 'Anti Friction Gear' but this will wait as the axleboxes need some serious alterations. The outside axlecuards and Vs were added from 20 x 60 thou plastic strip with nuts added from 20 x 20 thou. I am using Brassmasters signal cranks and .5mm brass wire for the operating rods. The brakes have been modified by cutting the push rods out and turning them round so they are in the correct orientation for this type of wagon. The next job is to make up the levers and guide.

post-7104-0-70784700-1439847634_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

I've got the second coach lined tonight, I've invested in a new Bowpen and it runs a lot smoother than the old one, still need a lot of practice as I'm nowhere near the the Larry Goddard lined MR coaches that I was looking at tonight at MrKirtley800's.

post-7104-0-41360600-1440105154_thumb.jpg

I've got the first brake lever on the P7 

post-7104-0-32175700-1440105167_thumb.jpg

Some foreigners!

post-7104-0-64684100-1440105177_thumb.jpg

• Like 9