Class 56 in blue, coal, EWS and RFgrey.

Buffets in FGW,GC, W&SR, Pretendolino, EMT

NEM magnetic coupler conversion kit

Network Rail class 86 pair.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave

Good to see you at the show and nice to see your new products. I only managed a couple of shots of the new 56 - a blue one in the Horseley Fields fiddle yard (impressive haulage shown!) and also a slightly clearer shot of the EWS version. The new RMB looks rather nice too!

post-420-0-27405300-1338055114_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-18124700-1338055214_thumb.jpg

Interesting to see the new Easi-shunt couplers in long and short versions too. On our layout all the shunting in the steel terminal was done using them, and they operated faultlessly throughout the show. I think the shorter versions will be very useful when operating without the constraints of tight curves...

cheers

Ben A.

Dave if you want to put the Network rail 86's under some wires at DEMU. Feel free to bring them down to Kinlet Wharf and we will quite happily do that for you. :good: (This isnt just because I want to see them :no: )

Alistair

The 38xx will not be designed to go round peco set-track?

"This engine will be designed for optimum performance on 10 1/2inch radius curves." from the Dapol website

anyone know any more on this? I know it's a 2-8-0, but we have the 9F (centre wheel flangeless I know...) and the Farish 8f (and soon to be WD)

Paul A.

Hi Dave,

Great looking 56, I have the HAAs waiting for it to drop on! You didn't mention the B/G MK3 buffets, are they going to be a later release or was there just limited space in your briefcase?

BTW, good for you applauding Farish in the other forum. A sign of healthy competition where we all win.

Peter

You didn't mention the B/G MK3 buffets, are they going to be a later release or was there just limited space in your briefcase?

In another thread Dave mentioned that these would be "later in the year".

->Dave, the first versions announced by Dapol were BlueGrey, Virgin and InterCity, (both with and without buffers). I have had them on pre-order since mid August 2010. Do you now have more definite dates? The retailer still cannot help me. Surely this cannot be top secret information now.

Thanks in advance

Es grüßt Euch

PC

Hi Pc,

Sorry I'm at home today and cannot give you any accurate info on delivery dates.

What I can confirm is that the FGW ones are on the boat, and should be here in a couple of weeks. Grand central are on a following boat about a week behind.

W&SR twin packs are in production, as are Pretendolino twin pack.

Virgin, I/C executive, I/C swallow and Blue / Grey, are in the paint sample stage and I hope to have some samples in the next week or so. If all is ok it's then down to production slots, and. Know these are currently tight as we have a substantial amount of items in the tool room, plus at least 1 un announced project in production for release very soon. And not forgetting 4x class 56 and 4x class 27 production models.

This will become more clearer as soon as these above buffets have been approved.

Sorry to be so vague.

Cheers

Dave

Hi guys,

Something that was commented on which I hope you'll all approve of is the weight of the class 56 chassis.

It's heavy!

I have jokingly named this chassis "Io" for those that appreciate an 'in joke' :-)

Cheers

Dave

"This engine will be designed for optimum performance on 10 1/2inch radius curves." from the Dapol website

anyone know any more on this? I know it's a 2-8-0, but we have the 9F (centre wheel flangeless I know...) and the Farish 8f (and soon to be WD)

That implies that performance on 9" radius will be sub optimal but it doesn't necessarily rule out running on 1st radius curves. Given we have 4 radii of Peco Settrack now, I'd not sweat too much about this.

I am pretty sure this is not the first Dapol loco to state this. IIRC the same was said about the Hall. Mine will get around 9" curves but is prone to derailaing on them. I think that running large steamers around trainset curves is something may have to be sacrificed as prototype accuracy increases.

Now the 2884/38xx is out of the bag any chance of pics of the EP on this forum so those who know more about it than I can suggest improvements? Or are N-gauge modellers less reliable in this respect than those involved in the OO-gauge Western?

It certainly looked the business to me (lots of daylight under the boiler, small tender with spoked wheels etc) but I'm not a GWR expert by any means.........

All the very best

Les

Now the 2884/38xx is out of the bag any chance of pics of the EP on this forum so those who know more about it than I can suggest improvements? Or are N-gauge modellers less reliable in this respect than those involved in the OO-gauge Western?

It certainly looked the business to me (lots of daylight under the boiler, small tender with spoked wheels etc) but I'm not a GWR expert by any means.........

All the very best

Les

Similarly, did anyone get a picture of the 27 and the NR 86's?

Some images have been posted here (not mine) so i think that the more input the better.

http://www.ness-st.c...38xx_large1.jpg

http://www.ness-st.co.uk/images/NGS2012/Dapol38xx_large2.jpg

http://www.ness-st.co.uk/images/NGS2012/Dapol38xx_tender_large.jpg

I have had a brief look and not spotted anything so far but the more eyes we can get on this, the better (spot the dyed-in-the-wool GWR fan ;)).

Hi everyone,

yes its got the super creep motor in the tender and a DCC NEM 651 6 pin decoder socket in there as well.

i must admit to being very pleased with the tender wheels although the driving wheels did give some to comment favourably too :-)

Cheers

Dave

Guest Moria

Hi Dave.

Ermmmm. Any chance that the tender with socket could work as a replacement to the ixion one without and could be available as a spare, or thoughts of a new release of manors now that Dapol have the tooling etc with the new tender on it?

Just a thought.

Regards

Graham

• RMweb Gold

Have told myself regularly I have absolutely no need for a class 56 or a class 27 as they don't suit either of my layouts....but....

having seen that class 56 pic...I might just have to invent a new layout just to give it a good home... :devil:

Have told myself regularly I have absolutely no need for a class 56 or a class 27 as they don't suit either of my layouts....but....

having seen that class 56 pic...I might just have to invent a new layout just to give it a good home... :devil:

A 56 was trialed In Cornwall in 1990 for possible use on China clay workings. I think it was 56013 in railfreight coal. Have I just saved you a layout?

Carl

Archived